Growing CBD Strains - Advice needed

Gfcollective

Hello all, i am new to growing CBD strains and have been told they take longer to flower then regular. Im curious as to:

how long should they be in veg?
how tall should i let them get, should i fim, "mainline" or super crop the CBD strains?
how long does flower usually last?

everything else i imagine is the same as the other ladys, same nutes, lights, air, heat, all the same?

GFcoll9.jpg

Sour Tsunami is about twice the height of my harlequin! wanting their canopys to be the same since i plan to crop the CBDs together. also have another harlequin the same size as its sister so i may just let those two go into their own canopy and keep sour tsunami with my nyc diesels ...

Really need to know if i can fim or mainline the sour tsunami without having a negative outcome. ive always been down to experiment myself but id like this medicine to be ready by july if possible and be close to my standard quality.

In not sure if high cbd strains grow any different than normal strains, but by the look of the sour tsunami, there's no way it'll be ready by July. Maybe mid August if you flower them now.

growing sativas is new for me as well, usually grow indica or indica hybrid indoor.

My platinum girl scout cookies i got them as clones around 6" and in a month and 8 days now (got it on april 20th) in 38 days they are now up to 4' tall and just moved to flower room. i Fim'd one of them 2 weeks ago because it started growing faster then its others. i imagine in 3-4 weeks she will be done flowering. when i got them i was told 7-9 weeks total. and its looking to be true.

i have heard though that sativas/cbd strains grow longer (take longer in flower) then indicas tend to.. thank you for your comment.

july was just a goal of mine, if it takes longer it takes longer. clones will be taken and ill have more coming within a month after the first harvest as i do the rest.

Any thoughts on mainlining my cbd strains? specificly that tall lanky sour tsunami.. im never opposed to taking a clone :) so id be glad to top that ST and clone her already if it wont effect its yield.

it may sound stupid but i do know that autoflowers you can completely ruin the yield if you put the plant through any kind of stress. im trying to avoid hurting my cbd strains

Sour Tsunami has a flowering period of 9 weeks, producing extremely dark green buds with dark green leaves

With your cbd strains, I would take some clones and try out a few different forms of training on them, see what they do and don't like.

And sorry if I misunderstood your question. Some sativas can take twelve weeks to flower. But the man above explained that already

you guys are all great, the more info i can be told about cbd will be gladly appreciated. as of now i will treat them like a typical sativa. has a journal been started about growing cbd other then the one i just started ? something i can have a reference off of perhaps

asuming mainling will be fine other then i wont have a huge yield correct? but i may need to do to that ST its just to tall for my liking

Hello all, i am new to growing CBD strains and have been told they take longer to flower then regular. Im curious as to:
how long should they be in veg?
how tall should i let them get, should i fim, "mainline" or super crop the CBD strains?
how long does flower usually last?
everything else i imagine is the same as the other ladys, same nutes, lights, air, heat, all the same?
GFcoll9.jpg

Sour Tsunami is about twice the height of my harlequin! wanting their canopys to be the same since i plan to crop the CBDs together. also have another harlequin the same size as its sister so i may just let those two go into their own canopy and keep sour tsunami with my nyc diesels ...
Really need to know if i can fim or mainline the sour tsunami without having a negative outcome. ive always been down to experiment myself but id like this medicine to be ready by july if possible and be close to my standard quality.

Back
Top Bottom