Growing for others in Canada

Pinovitch

420 Member
So looks like marijuana will be legal in Canada next summer. From what I understand, I'll be allowed to legally grow 3 plants at home. Let's say I don't want to grow weed for myself but I happen to have a nice grow room. Anyone know if I'll be allowed to rend a space in it (at a monthly fee) so that my friends can grow a plant for themselves? I wouldn't deal weed but I would be rending a space to grow, without busting my limit of 3 plans at home.
Anyone knows if there is anything against something like this in the proposed law?

Thank you

I couldn't imagine their would be.....after all, you could just claim that the plants were yours. Other than the rent being considered income....thats all I could foresee.

Yeah, it could be considered an income for sure. Would be hard to argue otherwise. I'm just hoping it wouldn't be illegal if all I'm doing is to rent half a room to a guy who doesn't want to grow his own weed in his own house. But surely it would be wise to ask a lawyer before try that.

Thanks

I would read this as a no:

Bill C-45 (3rd Reading) Section 12

Cultivation, propagation and harvesting — 18 years of age or older

(4) Unless authorized under this Act, it is prohibited for an individual who is 18 years of age or older to cultivate, propagate or harvest, or to offer to cultivate, propagate or harvest,
(a) a cannabis plant that is from a seed or plant material that they know is illicit cannabis; or
(b) more than four cannabis plants at any one time in their dwelling-house.

Cultivation, propagation and harvesting — dwelling-house limit

(5) Unless authorized under this Act, if two or more individuals who are 18 years of age or older are ordinarily resident in the same dwelling-house, it is prohibited for any of those individuals to cultivate, propagate or harvest any cannabis plants if doing so results in there being more than four such plants being cultivated, propagated or harvested at any one time in the dwelling-house.

Cultivation, propagation and harvesting — 18 years of age or older — without authorization

(6) Unless authorized under this Act, it is prohibited for an individual who is 18 years of age or olde
r
(a)to cultivate, propagate or harvest any cannabis plant at a place that is not their dwelling-house or to offer to do so; or
(b) to cultivate, propagate or harvest any living thing, other than a cannabis plant, from which cannabis may be extracted or otherwise obtained, or to offer to do so.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom