Growing from seed question

Glookies1

How many of you grow from seed?
If so, do you mark the plants and clones to identify the strongest plants/phenos?

It’s a tedious process.

I popped 5 seeds from Barney’s Farm. Glookies.

4 indica leaning plants, 2 of which were weak, and one sativa leaning plant that was completely different than the others.

It’s going to take a year to find the best plant. Lol

Do any of you bother to do this, or am I the only sick puppy willing to find the best pheno?

Many of us will drop a couple seeds and only grow the strongest one out. May different ways to do it. Depends on the individual. I try to grow everything out as space allows me. One plant may grow strong while the shorter one has better smoke. But yea there's a few pheno hunters here.

Many of us will drop a couple seeds and only grow the strongest one out. May different ways to do it. Depends on the individual. I try to grow everything out as space allows me. One plant may grow strong while the shorter one has better smoke. But yea there's a few pheno hunters here.

Good to know I’m not alone. It’s arduous, but I do enjoy the reward of having “the pheno” in the end.

I recently removed a mother plant because the smoke from her offspring was weak. She grew with great vigour but the trichs just weren't there she was a perfect plant but without trichs not worth growing. I too try to grow out anything and everything in order to leave no plant unsmoked in the search of the holly grail of cannabis the perfect high long lasting intensity but not over the top lol Im enjoying the hunt not sure it would be the same without something to work for.
twisting time happy420!!!
:rollit:

I recently removed a mother plant because the smoke from her offspring was weak. She grew with great vigour but the trichs just weren't there she was a perfect plant but without trichs not worth growing. I too try to grow out anything and everything in order to leave no plant unsmoked in the search of the holly grail of cannabis the perfect high long lasting intensity but not over the top lol Im enjoying the hunt not sure it would be the same without something to work for.
twisting time happy420!!!
:rollit:

I think the sativa dominate is going to be the “winner”, but I’m growing out the best indica leaning plant now.

The sativa dom will be the third round. Lol

The best indica plant was by far the highest yeilder, bit over 4 oz. it’s going smoke too.

The sativa plant only yeilded 2.5 oz, but it’s more potent.

It may yeild better when I grow it out too.
It really wanted to go a couple more weeks, plus it was so much taller than the others, I pretty much abused it to keep the canopy even.

I think the sativa dominate is going to be the “winner”, but I’m growing out the best indica leaning plant now.

The best indica plant was by far the highest yeilder, bit over 4 oz. it’s going smoke too.

It really wanted to go a couple more weeks, plus it was so much taller than the others, I pretty much abused it to keep the canopy even.
Quality over quantity you can make it grow more but genetics limit potency more so. Ive been leaning Indica in the past but lately ive taken a liking to the more Sativa dominated hybids in search of my new fav.
GoodLuck!!
Happy420!!
:yahoo:

I tend to prefer sativa leaning stuff myself.
I’m 63, back in the day we could actually get landrace sativa.

Some of the best weed I’ve ever smoked.

Not so much the raw potency, but the “cleanliness” of the high.
I would love to find a Thai stick strain.

I do keep clones of every seed I grow to maturity. Just in case I get a real winner.

I only grow from seed. I can clone and do. Mostly its is for other projects though. Feminized strains have made this much easier than it used to be. Still there are always going to be pheno types. Over the years that has had a lot to do with how I pick strains. Not so much how strong I think the best will be. How strong is the weakest plant going to be is the better question.

It all matters what you like. For me effects are the most important. Not only does a strain need to be good it needs to fit into what I like. After I find a strain I like. How consistent the THC levels are is next. I have never had a Cannalope Haze or C-99 I didn't like. Some did better than others but they were all at least good.

Growing from seed always brings you new surprises. New flavors, highs and lots of other things can pop up along the way. If you stick with well know breeders it is easier to do.

Back
Top Bottom