Growing Help! Pruning? New grower here!

MrAnxiiouz

Yo what’s good guys and gals

Take a look at my pictures and tell me what I can do to improve this grow. Should I prune and how should I?

I have 4 nodes and just topped the 5th. Is the top growing correctly?

Leaves started growing at the start of the nodes. What do the leaves at the nodes mean and should I do anything about it?

Am I doing LST correctly?

Attachments

• A1231D3E-89D8-4A17-87DC-7DD9D6823404.jpeg
    A1231D3E-89D8-4A17-87DC-7DD9D6823404.jpeg
    641.4 KB · Views: 100
  • BF0AC24E-04B1-41FB-8E77-0A24912AE36C.jpeg
    BF0AC24E-04B1-41FB-8E77-0A24912AE36C.jpeg
    578.3 KB · Views: 114
  • CC6B9D1C-7710-40F1-83DD-96C552DF0938.jpeg
    CC6B9D1C-7710-40F1-83DD-96C552DF0938.jpeg
    580.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 98E662A2-40FE-4F53-BF50-B0D1C0DD9D54.jpeg
    98E662A2-40FE-4F53-BF50-B0D1C0DD9D54.jpeg
    719.1 KB · Views: 116
The LST is close but not right. 1st you have to put a tie close to the bottom of the plant (about 1" off the soil). tie it down to hold the stem straight up & support it. Then take a 2nd tie & tie it farther up the stem & bend it over in the opposite direction of the 1st tie as far as possible & tie it down. Over
the next few days you'll be able to tie it down more as it gets use to the bend. You'll see the leaves all start turning up toward the lights & then new branches will form.

Have you checked your roots ? Those look ready to up-pot.

Thanks. I get what you mean about the LST.

The roots aren’t so crazy because no microbes or perlite to get them through the coco coir medium. I just added mycorrhizae + trichoderma, so roots should explode and I’ll transplant in a few days.

The LST is close but not right. 1st you have to put a tie close to the bottom of the plant (about 1" off the soil). tie it down to hold the stem straight up & support it. Then take a 2nd tie & tie it farther up the stem & bend it over in the opposite direction of the 1st tie as far as possible & tie it down. Over
the next few days you'll be able to tie it down more as it gets use to the bend. You'll see the leaves all start turning up toward the lights & then new branches will form.
What he said...

First of all, I take it you are new to both growing and 420mag - am I right?

Well then...

WELCOME LADDIE (OR LASS) to the forum at 420magazine! We are so happy to have you join us.

O would agree with the other statement. But one thing you forgot to add was whether these plants are photo or autos because depending on the type of plant you treat it very differently. For example, as far as I know you dhouldnt be topping autos at all. Just some gentle bending but no actual topping because it retards their growth too much for them to recover in time.

Anyway, just thought I would ask before you get the wrong advice for the wrong plants.

Hope you have a GREAT day ahead of you, sir!

All my best,
~Magnus

Thanks. I get what you mean about the LST.

The roots aren’t so crazy because no microbes or perlite to get them through the coco coir medium. I just added mycorrhizae + trichoderma, so roots should explode and I’ll transplant in a few days.
I'd wait & do LST after up-pot & those stems grow out from the top. Check out the way this guy is Quadlining his plants. Major yield !

What he said...

Well then...

WELCOME LADDIE (OR LASS) to the forum at 420magazine! We are so happy to have you join us.

O would agree with the other statement. But one thing you forgot to add was whether these plants are photo or autos because depending on the type of plant you treat it very differently. For example, as far as I know you dhouldnt be topping autos at all. Just some gentle bending but no actual topping because it retards their growth too much for them to recover in time.

Anyway, just thought I would ask before you get the wrong advice for the wrong plants.

All my best,
~Magnus

yeup, new member and grower! Thanks for the welcome. Also, I actually don’t know if it’s an auto or male/female.

What he said...

Well then...

All my best,
~Magnus
I top my Auto's but it has to be done before day 21 or you're risking getting Hermie's.

Yo what’s good guys and gals

Take a look at my pictures and tell me what I can do to improve this grow. Should I prune and how should I?

I have 4 nodes and just topped the 5th. Is the top growing correctly?

Leaves started growing at the start of the nodes. What do the leaves at the nodes mean and should I do anything about it?

Am I doing LST correctly?

No, you’re not doing LST correctly. One of the keys is to “wait until the stem will be close to even with the top edge of the pot after it's bent.”

Check out the tutorial by @InTheShed below for great info on LST.

I'd wait & do LST after up-pot & those stems grow out from the top. Check out the way this guy is Quadlining his plants. Major yield !

just saw his post. I’m a little confused. He has one main stem and several branches on each node... or are those different fan leaves branching out from the nodes? Cuz my bottom fan leaves don’t branch out much

are those leaves forming at my nodes going to be branches?

Once those 2 branches grow out from where you topped you will have 4 branches to tie down just like you see in that guys post. It will take a week or 2 for it to happen. So it gives you time to up-pot & let you plant re-establish itself in it's new home. Roots will take off & plant will be plenty healthy & ready for anything.

Once those 2 branches grow out from where you topped you will have 4 branches to tie down just like you see in that guys post. It will take a week or 2 for it to happen. So it gives you time to up-pot & let you plant re-establish itself in it's new home. Roots will take off & plant will be plenty healthy & ready for anything.

Not sure why I’m so confused about how the branching works now... wtf..

I have 1 main cola right. I topped. So I’m gonna have 2 more colas. Then I should LST those 3 colas?

just saw his post. I’m a little confused. He has one main stem and several branches on each node... or are those different fan leaves branching out from the nodes? Cuz my bottom fan leaves don’t branch out much

are those leaves forming at my nodes going to be branches?
Everywhere that a fan leave sprouts, also sprouts a new branch as in this picture
0CF513CD-F0A5-4E88-9D77-038C9183DB66.jpeg

Unless you train them, they grow more or less like a Xmas tree, not just one single spear cola.

Everywhere that a fan leave sprouts, also sprouts a new branch as in this picture
0CF513CD-F0A5-4E88-9D77-038C9183DB66.jpeg

Unless you train them, they grow more or less like a Xmas tree, not just one single spear cola.

LFG. Got it, idk why I was confused. Thanks homies.

Last question: do the fan leaves matter much when the branches are out and longgg? The bottom ones seem to get little growth. (due to less sunlight, I believe). Or it depends? You just have to adjust and know your plant pretty much?

Back
Top Bottom