Growing Help! Pruning? New grower here!

Thanks. I get what you mean about the LST.

The roots aren’t so crazy because no microbes or perlite to get them through the coco coir medium. I just added mycorrhizae + trichoderma, so roots should explode and I’ll transplant in a few days.
Just pointing this out...
Coco and soil are two completely different mediums.

If you’re in coco, adding mycorrhizae/trichoderma won’t do anything for you. If you’re wanting to grow organically, you need to be in soil, not coco. Coco doesn’t support microbes well because of the feed rate.

You should be feeding daily, quarter strength nutes, pH between 5.8-60, and watering to runoff each time.

Also, if you read Sheds LST write up, he doesn’t top his plants, so that might be where you’re getting confused.

As far as pruning goes, don’t unless you taking the whole node off.
46BA03BA-7644-41A6-92C9-985881843B52.png

For Top + LST, simply pull each node as level as you can get it. You may massage the branch to help the bend. Keep an eye on the center of the main so it doesn’t split. You don’t have to bend it all the way down at once.
6F6D89EC-197E-48BF-8AC4-D4536C21B986.jpeg

Just pointing this out...
Coco and soil are two completely different mediums.

If you’re in coco, adding mycorrhizae/trichoderma won’t do anything for you. If you’re wanting to grow organically, you need to be in soil, not coco. Coco doesn’t support microbes well because of the feed rate.

You should be feeding daily, quarter strength nutes, pH between 5.8-60, and watering to runoff each time.

Also, if you read Sheds LST write up, he doesn’t top his plants, so that might be where you’re getting confused.

As far as pruning goes, don’t unless you taking the whole node off.
46BA03BA-7644-41A6-92C9-985881843B52.png

For Top + LST, simply pull each node as level as you can get it. You may massage the branch to help the bend. Keep an eye on the center of the main so it doesn’t split. You don’t have to bend it all the way down at once.
6F6D89EC-197E-48BF-8AC4-D4536C21B986.jpeg
Nice pictorial. Sure helps explain things better.

Thanks @AdaminCO

Yeah I bought a coco-coir, vermiculite, and peat moss mix before i knew anything about soil and soil-less mediums.
From what I've researched, mycorrhizae and other beneficial bacteria/fungi are important for root development/growth. Because coco is majority inert, I learned I would have to add my own microbes/nutrients. Just giving my take on that.
Don't know much about soil rn cause I'm focused on coco. I will try one day for sure.

Thanks @AdaminCO

Yeah I bought a coco-coir, vermiculite, and peat moss mix before i knew anything about soil and soil-less mediums.
From what I've researched, mycorrhizae and other beneficial bacteria/fungi are important for root development/growth. Because coco is majority inert, I learned I would have to add my own microbes/nutrients. Just giving my take on that.
Don't know much about soil rn cause I'm focused on coco. I will try one day for sure.
The microbes are meant to break down organic materials in soil. There’s nothing in coco to break down, therefore not needed.
If you’re feeding synthetic nutes from a bottle, microbes are not needed, and are mostly killed off.

The microbes are meant to break down organic materials in soil. There’s nothing in coco to break down, therefore not needed.
If you’re feeding synthetic nutes from a bottle, microbes are not needed, and are mostly killed off.

microbes > microorganisms > bacteria > fungi > mycorrhizae/trichoderma
Fungi forms a symbiosis with the plant through the root. [And absorb nutrients, not breakdown IIRC]
I think the micronutrients you might be talking about are humic and fulvic acid. But then again I'm still new to this.
Humic and fulvic Acid: Humic vs Fulvic Acids — Earthgreen Products

microbes > microorganisms > bacteria > fungi > mycorrhizae/trichoderma
Fungi forms a symbiosis with the plant through the root. [And absorb nutrients, not breakdown IIRC]
I think the micronutrients you might be talking about are humic and fulvic acid. But then again I'm still new to this.
Humic and fulvic Acid: Humic vs Fulvic Acids — Earthgreen Products
I’d recommend giving this a quick read...
It’s exhausting to go through. Lol!
I just don’t want you thinking your plants will explode over adding mica if your not in organics. It’s not going to hurt them... just a pointless step.

@Emilya maybe has the patience to keep repeating, but here’s the last time we had the discussion.

BTW... the OP in this thread has had nothing but issues with their grow, but they are trying to feed dry nutes + mica in coco.

I read that thread. I guess I messed up adding organic nutes to my coco?

I’m using Fox Farm Trio, Silica, Mycorrhizae + Trichoderma, and Fulvic/Humic Acid

I done messed up huh. All nutes except the FoxFarm Trio are water soluble. I guess I wasted money on those nutes lol.. lesson learned

Back
Top Bottom