Growing High Brix With Mystery Seeds

The weights are in...

Harvest Update - The final weights

My apologies for the delay is posts. Life gets pretty busy sometimes. Anyway, all 6 plants that I harvested are chopped, dried, and trimmed. I'll try to update this journal with nug photos when I submit my entries for the December 420 contests.

Papaya #1 and #2 (combined):
113g + 55g trim = 168g total
Animal Cookies: 34g + 36g trim = 70g total
Flo: 28g + 43g trim = 71g total
Maui: 26g + 30g = 56g total
Mystery Seed #3: 46g + 33g trim = 79g total

Total nug weight: 247g or 8.7oz
Total weight of trim: 197g
Total weight of dried plants: 444g or 15.6oz

These numbers didn't impress me, to say the least, but it wasn't a total failure. The Papayas did alright in terms of nug density and size averaging about 2oz per plant; everything else, however, only averaged about an ounce per plant with mostly small to medium sized nugs with lots of stems.

In retrospect, I could've done a few things differently that would've increased yield:
1. Let the plants veg a week or two longer. Because I flipped the plants a week after transplanting into their 7-gal containers, they didn't have enough time to fill the pot with a thick grid of roots before devoting their energy to budding.
2. Utilize a wet/dry cycle to my advantage. Because I used a SWICK, I feel the roots weren't encouraged to branch out like they might have had I let the soil dry out between waterings.
3. Done a better job at trimming and defoliating. My laziness led to lots of popcorn nugs that I ended up crushing into trim because I was sick of trimming nugs that I would have a hard time selling at the shop.

In conclusion, I will do a much better job next time of following Doc Bud's instructions all the way through the plants life. If you have questions about my methods or my set-up, let me know. Otherwise, I'll see y'all in a week or so when I return with photographic proof. Until then, may the brix be with you. :Namaste:

Re: The weights are in...

I came to mostly the same conclusion. Ive just learned to water them as they need it. Its good for me too. haha

Congratulations on your harvest and haul. :blushsmile:

Harvest Update - The final weights
2. Utilize a wet/dry cycle to my advantage. Because I used a SWICK, I feel the roots weren't encouraged to branch out like they might have had I let the soil dry out between waterings.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom