Growing in Rockwool cubes?

MR_GEE

Hello guys...
I am debating weather to use rockwool for my next crop. I have never used it before but have been doing some research and there are a lot advantages but I need you genuises to help me out again!!!
I no I need to germinate the seeds as normal and when they open and ready, put them in the 1" rockwool cubes.....but what next?
How long do Grow them in these cubes? What size cube should they be transfered to? I have been told you only need to transfer 3 times with rockwool? Do I need to put the cubes in a pot or do I cover them away from the lights? And what about watering? Do I just use my mini spray bottle I normally use in soil? I no it seems like a rant but I need all the help I can get!!!

Thanking you so much already!!!!

Over and Out!!!

Re: Growing in Rockwool cubes ???

We germinate seeds in rockwool. Once the seedlings are a couple of inches tall, we transplant them into soil.

Once you have a recipe that works it is very consistent. For germination it gives the same sterile environment as the paper towel method without the need to move the seed.

Steps:
1. Condition 1" cube Rockwool in 4.5PH water a few hours and rinse.
2. Flush rockwool with distilled water.
3. Place seed pointy end down into Rockwool - not very deep, cover with thin piece of rockwool. A little hydrogen peroxide can be used as well.
4. Keep warm and moist - seeds should sprout in a few days.
5. After the seeds sprout, water every day with "baby food", you must add nutrients to rockwool, pure water will kill the seedlings.

Babyfood:
Distilled water
1/4th strength general purpose nutrient (shultz 10-15-10 works)
1/4th strenght liguid karma (optional)

Can't help you for continuing with Rockwool all the way; you should check under hydroponics.

Back
Top Bottom