growing in soil anything im missing?

yo420

Im getting ready to start growing in soil and not sure if i have everything for a succesfull grow.
Heres what I have:
2-400 watt hps lites
flourescent lites(for clones)
bubbleliciuos, bigbudxnorthenlites, hindu kush seeds
fox farm soil
general hydroponics nutes...micro,grow,bloom,nectar (all liquids)
hornby bigbud
koolbloom
also have the xtras stuff like ph meters, ph up and down, fans, big ass pots, bug killer,spray bottles.

question i have is: whats the best wayt to get my nutes to my plants?
do i mix each nute if diff gallons of water and water plants with each gallon of water one after the other. of course diff strength for diff stages of growth. foliar feeding good idea or bad? and if good do i do the same as i plan on watering them...i.e.....diff nutes in diff spray bottles and spray plants with each bottle one after the other. Also do i want to use nutes everytime i water(i think not)?

hope someone can help...thats really my only question for now...last time i grew i used mg and not happy with results so finally spent $$ hope they turn out like i want.

peace and thanks for any tips....and i mean any!!

Re: growing in soil anything im missing??

Wow, looks like you have everything covered before you start! Makes our job just a little easier lol.
Your main question seems to relate to delivery of nutrients and additives. And as you are growing organic, there is a fairly simple guideline...don't overdo it.
I'm growing organic as well, so I will relate my experiences.
When feeding your plants, you need to ensure efficiency of delivery of nutrients. First up you need to check the TDS (Total Dissolved Salts) of your tapwater, as well as the starting ph. Then, add your ferts to the desired dilution, then your additives. Check your TDS again so you have a suitable concentration, and adjust your ph as needed.
I usually do two waters with ferts and additives, to one of plain water. I use a wet/dry growing regimen. I also use a foliar feed using a half strength fert solution mixed with Sea Tea (seaweed tonic). I apply this every 5 days.
I flush my medium every 15 days to remove excess salts to prevent toxic salt build up.
Cannabis is a gross feeder, and organic growers have a hard time sustaining fert supply to plant demands. Hydro and aeroponic being the most efficient fert delivery methods. With organic, try and pump as many ferts in a you can, paying particular attention to your TDS input, and TDS outflow. I always check my outflow so I have an indication of what the plant is using.
Just watch inflow and outflow and you should be ok.
As for your question about using different solutions for each additive, there should be no problem mixing them all together in one batch before application. Just pay attention to your TDS and ph, and you should be ok. Remember that what you do to the plant will not normally show on the plant for 3 days, except where fert levels are toxic (that will show immediately as plant wilt).
If you have more questions, just ask. Good luck on your grow.

Re: growing in soil anything im missing??

a tds meter measures in ppm, right? is there a guideline or range you want to be in for diff. stages of growth, and if so where can i find a chart?

When you say watch the outflow...do u mean runoff(like out the bottom of the pot)? I water that much, to where it comes out the bottom?

Someone once told me to wrap my buds(after harvest)with string so they stay tight and they will get a little a fatter is this true or just a waste of time?

thanks for the quick reply smkn moose!

Looks like you have everything but powdered dolomite lime.

Its importance is hard to overstate.

Besides supplying cal/mag, it keeps the soil pH buffered to that sweet spot of 6.5-6.8.

Easy to find at Lowes or HD and cheap. ~$10 for a 40# bag.

Even the most expensive bagged soils don't have enough lime or perlite, especially any that are peat based.

DD

Back
Top Bottom