Growing Indoors Versus Outdoors

yoda toke

I am a fairly new patient (3 month's) My wife does not want me to grow in the house because of the smell. I understand that, when we visit my brother's house it smells like weed all the time. In Michigan the laws are strict about growing outdoors. It has to be basically locked up. But I have a solution, I will be growing outdoors in my garden shed. I am going to setup a grow tent in the shed. I will only be able to grow in the summer though. I am thinking that hydroponics would probably be the quickest method. Of course the shed has a good lock and nobody will know it is there since the lights will be on only during the day. On a side note, I can't believe how much seeds cost today, we used to throw those away!

If you replaced the roof with perspex, it would still be secure. Somewhere between a greenhouse and a potting shed?

I grew outdoors in a shed with the clear corrugated plastic sold at home depot. My "roof" still had lumber to support the corrugated plastic which was attached with nails. In theory it provides security like a standard roof.

Does your brother use a carbon filter for his indoor grow? It's certainly possible to control odor for an indoor grow. How big are you thinking? 2 plants? 20 plants?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

The problem with that shed as far as using natural light is it is under the shade of a huge tree and faces east. It would only get half a days sun. No, lights are the best option. There is electricity in the shed.

The problem with that shed as far as using natural light is it is under the shade of a huge tree and faces east. It would only get half a days sun. No, lights are the best option. There is electricity in the shed.

The problem isn't the electricity... its the heat you will have to deal with from the lights. You will have to air condition said shed most likely... if you are growing during the warmer months and you will have to heat in the colder ones. Either way you will have to be moving a lot of air around if you grow in a detached confined unit that ISN"T a green house.

Back
Top Bottom