Growing inside a tank

stewy91

420 Member
Hey guys looking for stealth growing options while renting, Its a bit hard to grow in a tent or cupboard since they look so out of place, so was wondering if anyone knows of any grows inside a poly water tank or similar set-ups that I could have a look though I couldnt find anything to do with them

Hey guys looking for stealth growing options while renting, Its a bit hard to grow in a tent or cupboard since they look so out of place, so was wondering if anyone knows of any grows inside a poly water tank or similar set-ups that I could have a look though I couldnt find anything to do with them
You might want to look into hydro since you have an aquarium.

Its the power cord running to the water tank that might cause a few ?? A tent inside a tank would be quite stealthy if temps are managable , awkward thing to move tho and people would ask why theres a big hole / door in the back
Ive seen a great single plant in a fridge..

I came across a few super small strains that get no taller than 24". All of them say "Normal high" so I'm guessing average, nothing super special, like the big girls produce.

These ladies have no veg period. You just sprout and put under 12/12. Training and good nutes might give you some side branches, but most of them have one stem with one COLA. They flower in 6 weeks. They are crossed with Ruderalis to give them the low phenotype and quick flowering for stealth grows.

Dwarf Low Ryder
Short Rider
Early Rider
Anything with Rider/Ryder in the name, you should Google characteristics to get full details.

Something like this might make your search for a stealth box easier. You should be able to grow these under CFLs just fine.

That was a joke, about the tank...
I haven't seen anyone growing in a water tank. I imagine it would be for the obvious reason which you mentioned-that water tanks aren't meant to have holes in them. Though that could be disguised too if necessary. If you own your own place and have some building skills there are usually a lot of options to block off cupboards, closets, really any space that isn't being used can be covered with a false wall and used to grow in. That seems slightly safer than using an appliance which at some point people may decide they want to use, or at least investigate.

I would think a water tank or very large trash bin would look a whole lot more out of place in a rental than a cupboard or closet. Many people in a rental situation grow in broom or linen closets or in the back of a clothes closet.

You won't have the height issues in a linen closet if you take out the shelving, and you can grow 1 plant to maturity in a 2' x 2' x at least 60" H closet. If you use a lot of CFLs and florescent tubes mounted vertically in the corners, the heat issues will be minimal.

A really nice, low odor strain is one I grow myself, Bubblelicious from Nirvana Seeds out of the Netherlands. It's scent is fruity and subtle. It forms tons of smaller very sticky buds all over, and I'm told it is a great smoke. You won't need any odor control with the BBL.

Leaving the door open a bit will give you passive ventilation, but you will still need a decent fan to mix the air. Other than that, you can be pretty stealthy, as well as economical.

Whew... Thanks- I'm glad someone got that.
I'm pretty sure I saw Canna groping for the 'minus reps' button though... :rofl:

In some ways it would be a very safe place to grow, but overall probably not the best choice, mainly because of snoopy commanding officers.

Whew... Thanks- I'm glad someone got that.
I'm pretty sure I saw Canna groping for the 'minus reps' button though... :rofl:

In some ways it would be a very safe place to grow, but overall probably not the best choice, mainly because of snoopy commanding officers.

And the heat issue inside one of those things!

Back
Top Bottom