Growing 'maters with T-5s

NCDude

I've got an extra T5 fixture, and was thinking about letting my buddy use it to grow tomatoes.

Has anyone had any experience doing this? How bout the bulbs? Would you change to bloom buds when you see 'mater flowers?

Thanks

I have used T5s to harvest. The grow area of 2x4 area with 6 bulbs. I got a good harvest, not as much as with 400w HPS. Very little heat compared to 400w. Check out YouTube to see some T5 grow rooms.

Mr. Southernboy30, Could you elaborate?
I am guessing if you had a 2x4 foot area with six bulbs... That would be a Four foot light fixture? Did you only use one?
I have been reading alot about them and they sound great to me! So if you were flowering... You used 3000k color temps? For all six bulbs? Let us know!

THsea said:
Mr. Southernboy30, Could you elaborate?
I am guessing if you had a 2x4 foot area with six bulbs... That would be a Four foot light fixture? Did you only use one?
I have been reading alot about them and they sound great to me! So if you were flowering... You used 3000k color temps? For all six bulbs? Let us know!

It is a tek-light 6 bulbs. I used a mixed set of light from my aquarium lights. They ranged from 6k to 15k temperature. Then I switched 4 of the lights to 3k bulbs. When I used a 400w HPS light I got over a quarter pound from 4 plants. With the T5, it was less using the same clones from my white rhino. I like the T5 for less heat, a lot less. I will one day do a SCROG setup to see if I can get a quarter pound or more with T5.

Back
Top Bottom