Growing medium

superredbud

I am looking for a growing medium, probably Candian Spraghum peat moss, vermiculite and perlite. I know nothing about the ratios for the mix. Help, anyone. Also interested in other grow mediums. Thanks in advance.

If using 100% Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss its more likely going to be acidic in nature so dolomite lime/garden lime will need to be applied to buffer PH value of the growing medium to a more acceptable level of around PH 6 to 7.

Don't bother with vermiculite as this helps retain moisture.

Add aprox 10% to 20 % perlite to aid drainage & improve airation of the growing medium.

But we hire investigators and public detectives to uncover those "Truths" that the guy with the money, and did the hiring of these investigators and private detectors only want their "truth" to be uncovered. And if it is their money then their "truth" will be all you will hear. That may not be as true as it once was. Popular opinion will get out, as it is today thanks to the advent of the internet. (I suppose I have to thank Al Gore also since his "truth" is that he invented the internet or so I hear.)

Popular opinion will get out

But may lead to hearsay, myth & untruths in the MJ growing community plus general lack of knowledge with past decades leading to misconceptions !

Growing MJ is not a science its been growing in dirt for thousands of years & really don't think the afgani's or mexicans really bother with PH corrected water when irrigating their fields... let alone measure the PH value of the run off !

What a joke things have become to grow a plant... its really not that hard :thumb:

I would use 50% peat moss, 25% perlite, 25% vermiculite and mycorrhizae to grow your plants in. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst and is beneficial to add to soil/soiless mixtures. If you are looking for an already mixed product Pro-Mix HP would only need vermiculite and mycorrhizae added to it.

Thanks for the info bro. I am blown away by all of those who have supplied useful info to me. When I learn enough to speak with any authority I owe a lot of people like you a lot.
Keep it green.

Back
Top Bottom