Growing mediums form seed help please!

Skunkyflavour

hi there all great to be a part of this huge culitivators community. need some advise with my first grow - I am using 1 x 600w hps in closet grow lined in mylar. just bought seeds last week germinated them in paper towel method and all popped fine with no problems, although when I put into the seedling compost I bought from a local hardware store ( no names lol ) none of them came through and I fear they have died off now. The stuff I got seemed really sandy with chunks of bark etc all through it ( I did add a 1/3 of perlite but didn't make much difference atall ) I read a few reviews on it and people say it used to be good but has now changed and kills everything off. ready for tears tbh :( not good. so here I go starting again by purchasing some new seeds ..... they are northern x big bud... I also have 3 x 50l bags of bio bizz allmix which seems a lot beeter quality than that last rubbish I got ( 3 x the price but well worth it imho) so I am beginning to ramble slightly sorry quite baked :) haha. So the question is...... can I go with biobizz allmix from seed? without germinating first and just plant direct to this stuff the way nature intended??? please help guys I need it :thumb:

re: Growing mediums form seed help please!!

From wat Ive just learned in researching the product, The 5% pre fermented organic mix sounds kinda sketchy for seedlings. I think the universal rule around here is start seedlings with no nutes for at least two weeks. Even "hot" soils with time release nutes can scorch a seedling. If I knew what was in the 5% I could answer more specifically. The description leaves that part out... Other than that the mix looks good. I wish I was more knowelagble about that product.
In my own limited personal experience germing in soil, added heat from beaming son or a warm area of the house will really kickstart a seedling.
:goodluck:

thanks for your reply mate, I think your right and I might just go with the light mix version. It always gets really good reviews just want to be 100% that these little seeds get the chance to get going properly ( I read a lot of people say don't bio bizz from germ because of the nutes where others say its fine to germ in this soil just don't add nutes for 3 weeks ) I think might just play it safe this time guys and do the light mix (all the same except no nutes in) and transplant if big enough @ 3 weeks or feed (I have all the growing nutes in liquid there anyway) then transplant to all mix. Do any of you recommend a propagator for seedlings and will they be ok under a 600w hps setup to start with.. extremely low ceilings in grow room but have the light almost touching it with fans etc cooling it get around 29 - 30 degrees celcius with a humidity of about 40% ish. really is good to be talking about this stuff to guys who are experienced there is so much mis-information out there!! it was on another forum that I read my first soil was really good and it killed all my seeds. its from B&Q AND is called verve seedling and cutting compost (with added john - inness pmfsl ) - NAMED AND SHAMED!! :)
:thanks:

Your welcome. :) I did a little more research and The lite mix is the one. If you look closely st the description of the lite mix it says for seedlings and transplants. Glad you are gonna play it safe! Dont be a noob like me!! :goodluck:

Your welcome. :) I did a little more research and The lite mix is the one. If you look closely st the description of the lite mix it says for seedlings and transplants. Glad you are gonna play it safe! Dont be a noob like me!! :goodluck:

yeh mate think that will be the one me thinks, after looking at it I def-o go with the light mix, lol I know the feeling just killed 10 x ww x bb seeds with that horrible stuff I bought, worst thing was I had bio bizz there 120 litres of it :( just thought try this stuff without the nutes and trasnsplant. I would now have easily taken the risk of the nutes. 2nd time buying seeds have to be carefull, hopfully I get a better start next time round. but lite mix is getting bought man. cheers will subscribe and keep an eye on how your ones are getting on bro :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom