Growing my own seeds

wannabgreen

if i was to let a male plant grow out to produce seed supply will i get some female seeds from this( i understand if i did this that definatley thered bemore male than female but would any turn out to be female?) or do i need to grow out a male and female and pollinate the female to have a decent chance at getting some seeds that grow out to be female plants? i'm sure there are people out there with some expertise on this subject, and any advice is appreciated-- i am pretty new to growing and just can't afford to buy fem'd seeds since i have been layed off and can't find work, and don't want to have to keep ordering seeds even though it's cheaper than buying domestic finished product from some locals

If you let a male grow out by itself you have nothing but pollen. You will need a male and a female to create seeds. The resulting seeds will be a mix of male and female and share the traits of the parent plants, some will display different phenos and should be selected for further breeding. You can then select the best female in the group and use some colloidal silver to get it to produce staminate flowers and collect that pollen to pollinate the pistillate flowers and your result should be 100% feminized seeds.

If this has gone over your head, then please read:
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

As Miwa mentioned, the best way to be sure you have females is to take clones from a female. Find a good strain that is easy to grow and has the desired effects and then clone it. A few of the sponsor seed companies have the option to purchase single seeds,
find a strain and buy at least 3 seeds. If you've never grown before you may wind up killing a few before they take off.

As Steve said you will get male pollen. However, this is not all bad because if you have a spare green house you never use like me. I grow my female plants indoors and I grow males outside in the greenhouse. When the pollen is ready to harvest I cut off the pollen sacks and dry them over newspaper or cardboard and then once they are THOROUGHLY dry I put the pollen and pollen sacks into mason jars and label them. Then, when I want to make a batch of seeds I take a paint brush and brush the male pollen onto a bud I want to seed. You can even seed multiple strains onto 1 female plant if you want to. This year I harvested a bunch of Bubba Kush and Blackwater (OG Kush x Mendo Purple) pollen. So, I will be using that stuff later on to make some really killer hybrids.

if i was to let a male plant grow out to produce seed supply will i get some female seeds from this( i understand if i did this that definatley thered bemore male than female but would any turn out to be female?) or do i need to grow out a male and female and pollinate the female to have a decent chance at getting some seeds that grow out to be female plants? i'm sure there are people out there with some expertise on this subject, and any advice is appreciated-- i am pretty new to growing and just can't afford to buy fem'd seeds since i have been layed off and can't find work, and don't want to have to keep ordering seeds even though it's cheaper than buying domestic finished product from some locals

I think wannabgreen may be confused in how plants reproduce. The way I read it, it sounds like he thinks that males produce seeds as well. When in fact they only produce pollen and the females produce the seeds. That is why I directed him to the link on how to grow. Doing research before popping your fist seed will increase chances of success (more important if you're on a budget).

Also, doing a bit of homework before asking a "basic" question also shows the rest of the community that you're serious about learning and will be more apt to provide a response.

i was under the impression that male plants produced seeds and pollen and the pollen would make female plants produce seeds also if blown or put on the females--i get it now i forgot who replied that males only produce pollen- but i understand-- i'm not looking to do anything but be able to have my own seeds without having to buy anymore, i have a decent collection of beans that were purchased from seedbanks and am having a hard time growing the balls to do anything with them, clones are pretty much outa the question for me as my state is not weed friendly in any way and any more than 5 plants moves it from a misdemeaner to felony so when i am ready it'll be 5 or less for me, so fem'd beans would be ideal in order to maximize the yield while still only having 5 or less. over the last few years i have given much thought to moving to a medical state and have the wife talked into moving but as i read the news i see that almost weekly the man is coming up with new ways to screw with med mj patients so i'm not sure i wanna commit to selling everything and moving away from the rest of my family

Just used my pollen catcher to catch some male Querkle pollen.

Used it to pollinate my Aphrodite, AK47 and Cream Carmel.

Have plenty left in the fridge for future grows.

Querkle_male_2wks_flwr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom