Growing outdoors South Ont

Old Fart

Hi all. I grow inside but i am considering an outdoor grow this year and have a few questions relating to it
I live in a city just west of Toronto and would like to know the approx date when the plants start to flower?
I would also like to know if streetlights, neighborhood lights etc mess up the flowering process?
any help or insight on this would be appreciated.

The exact Start and end of flower is strain dependent but mid August is definitely a good mean average for basic calculations. I had no issues in town with light pollution but Ive heard of ppl in town where a hps or led street lamp did cause issues in late flower. Most solid projectiles would remedy this scenario quite effectively.
:yahoo:

ThanksBooMtoLate and Smokelake. That’s all I was looking for was a rough idea. The projectile idea is interesting but the streetlights I was concerned about are quite a ways off(150yds). I hope that is far enough away to eliminate problems.

I live probably close to you Old Fart. I was mid August for flowering like everyone else. I back up onto townhouses and have motion sensing lights throughout the yard for when the dogs need out. They didn’t hermie or damage my plants, but had a ton of new growers who tried growing near me and pollinated my plants. So far I have found 100+ seeds in my Black Sugar and Fruity Pebbles plants. So don’t be surprised if/when you try that you find seeds in your final harvest. Hopefully they learned from last year and it won’t be an issue this coming summer

Back
Top Bottom