Growing Problem - Please Help

seedweed

Can someone please tell me what the heck i'm doing wrong? lol or if my plants have some type of deficiency? I started growing back in 2009 and was doing it in a small apartment with 2 1000w HPS lamps, hydro buckets and an AC unit in a 6x6 closet. After 3 successful harvests with no issues I moved into a house and used the same formula and set up shop in the garage. Only problem was I couldn't get my yield any where as good as I did when I was in the apartment. I tried everything I knew to get the plants to grow right. Half the time the plants would just die. After 1 year of trying I finally decided to hang it up.

Just recently I moved a new roommate moved in to the house (same house) and we started talking about growing and at the end of the conversation I decided what the hell, i'll give it one more try. We just went out a bought all new equipment a few weeks ago and once more, I started the cycle. Only this time instead of doing it in the garage we set up in the living room in hopes of a better out come. Sure enough, it's looking the same way it did back when I moved in the house. The only thing I can think of that I did different in the old apartment was the water. There I was filling up 5 gallon bottles of water at the local CVS ( they had a water machine out front). In the house im using an Stealth RO 100 hooked up to one of the faucets. Here are a few pics. The plants are about 7 days old and already turning yellow as you can tell. If someone could tell me what i'm doing wrong it would be very much appreciated.

:thanks:

IMG_067730.JPG

IMG_067328.JPG

IMG_067227.JPG

Welcome to the forums & I see you are using an ebb & flood system.

Some of that drooping is under watering i suspect due to timing of the flood system, you might have to do that more than once a day !

May i ask what nutrients you are using along with PPM level & PH value of the nutrient solution please :thumb:

Hi, everyone :) thanks for replying.

My tap water right out of the tap is 510 PPM and after running it through the RO it's at 40 PPM.
For feeding i'm using Aqua Flakes A and B and I have the nutrient levels at 550 PPM.
Always making sure that the ph is between 5.5 and 6.5. I usually try to keep it under 6.0
I'm watering them 3 times a day.
Yes, they are clones.

Also, i'm not sure if this would have anything to do with it but...
Both my old apartment and the house I live in now are in the Los Angeles Area.
The old apartment was right off of Hollywood Blvd (which is a VERY hi traffic area).
The house i'm currently in is about 1000ft from a freeway, which gets really backed up during rush hour.
Could this growing issue have something to do with air pollution from the cars driving by?

this is my first time grow,its been in the vegetation state for like 5 weeks, I forced it to flower early, its been in the flowering stage for two and a half weeks, it was growing great until my cat ate mist of the fan leaves off of it. Its like a foot and a half tall. has a lot of pistols everywhere. but my question is will it be OK.

Yeah, L.A. water picks up a lot of minerals on it's journey from Nevada. I also use an Ebb & Flow system, but I water 6 times a day for 15 minutes.

My PH sits at about 6.2-6.5 because of the buffered nutes I use, so your PH could actually be a bit low. Do you know the PPM after you add nutes? Mine is 850-900.

Air quality could be playing a part, but I don't think it would be enough to cause this. Try bringing your PH up slightly and see if that helps.

Sandman, it would be more appropriate to create a new thread for that question, however, if there are enough other leaves on the plant it may yet survive. The cat took away it's biggest source of nutrient conversion, so it's hard to say, but I suspect you'll know within a week if it's going to make it. Hope the cat enjoyed it. :)

Yeah, L.A. water picks up a lot of minerals on it's journey from Nevada. I also use an Ebb & Flow system, but I water 6 times a day for 15 minutes.

My PH sits at about 6.2-6.5 because of the buffered nutes I use, so your PH could actually be a bit low. Do you know the PPM after you add nutes? Mine is 850-900.

Air quality could be playing a part, but I don't think it would be enough to cause this. Try bringing your PH up slightly and see if that helps.

Sandman, it would be more appropriate to create a new thread for that question, however, if there are enough other leaves on the plant it may yet survive. The cat took away it's biggest source of nutrient conversion, so it's hard to say, but I suspect you'll know within a week if it's going to make it. Hope the cat enjoyed it. :)

Right now the nutrient level is at 550 ppm.
My plan was to bring it up 100 ppm's every week.

this is my first time grow,its been in the vegetation state for like 5 weeks, I forced it to flower early, its been in the flowering stage for two and a half weeks, it was growing great until my cat ate mist of the fan leaves off of it. Its like a foot and a half tall. has a lot of pistols everywhere. but my question is will it be OK.

The cat or the plant? LOL :goodjob:

Hard to tell from the pictures, but are the cubes naturally green or do you have algae growing? My cubes are brown which is why I ask. If it's algae that could be part of the problem. It will change the PH and steal nutrients from your plant until it starves.

I finally figured it out. I need to get some CAL-MAG. I put that in the water and 30 minutes later i noticed a change. Now my girls are on there way to success!

:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom