Growing room temperature

rtfdc1

420 Member
Morning All! I am a 5 time grower - still learning. All of my grows have been inside during the warmer months. This last grow of Dutch Treat was inside during the winter from clones. Grow tent temps hovered in the mid 60s to 72 degrees. The ladies have stayed compact except for a single Durban Poison that seems to have normal growth at approx. 18 inches. 1 week before switching the photoperiod. How much growth can I expect during flower? And is the temperature the reason that the clones stayed compact? Thanks!

Leaf temp should be 83F, No lower then 67F at NIGHT. They will instantly stop growing. If your root zone gets cold at night, expect 1-2 FULL days of 80F to get rootball warm again. If your keeping it low at night, chances are your rootball never even gets to 70F.

Its basicly a tropical plant, likes heat, and humidity.

I will say Mayne is mostly correct. Most strains (regular not auto) of cannabis do not like anything below 68-70 deg F in the root zone. With that being said, there are some strains (hybrids) that will tolerate down to 50 deg F. It is due to the strain having Ruderalis mixed in for auto-flowering. Ruderalis is a strain that was native to northern Russia.

You should always look up the temps about your strain if you can find it, and stick with the recommendations of the breeder. Not all breeders provide such information.

Hope this helps :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom