Growing Single plant for personal need advice

cspWarsaw

Hi guys, i'm growing for the first time and i'm starting with a White Dwarf Autoflower which is suppose to be the right choice for a beginner.

I have 5 seeds and am currently holding "Plant-prod ultimate all purpose fertilizer" 20-20-20. A 24oz spray bottle and I am planning on purchasing from Canadian tire 2 "GE 60W Plant Grow Lights (blue)"

My issue is that I only have access to average growing equipment, things you would find at Home Hardware, Canadian Tire etc. Nothing fancy, no Hydroponics stores and no one I can ask for advice or help.. its a touchy issue.

I need help in getting started. I'm excited to begin but don't want to waste the hard earned money I spent on these seeds. I would like to get the best yield from the plant as possible (I understand they don't get much). Please, advice, information, equipment solutions anything.

Thanks.

:welcome:brother cspWarsaw!

You are definitely in the right place.:thumb:
I know you are probably itching to pop those beans in the ground, but I need you to resist! I think I read 2 or 3 hours a day for months before I even bought any seeds. If you do your homework first things will go well! I personally grow in soil and use Osmocote Plus for plant food, so it can be done!

Take a look here if you haven't already...I have books on growing mmj, and much of the info in those books is right here:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Here's a thread for the plant food I use:

Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

:Namaste:

Hey warsaw welcome to :420:.. Yes we will find you what you need.. I would also put all those bulbs in the mix...im for 4 bulbs on one plant..you can always unscrew one if you have to....i think you might need to hop onto ebay or visit one of our great sponsors!! :nomo:... For the right bulbs if your area is that lacking...How are you going to keep this area cooled? Good luck my man were watching you....

:slide: :slide: :slide:
SIOL FARMERS MOUNT-UP

Gahhhhd i spelled soil wrong... What s dork.. Sorry guys :ciao:

Thanks for the info. I'll start with the blue and keep looking for the red bulbs.. i'm having trouble locating them. if i can't i'll pop the 2 white cfl in as well.

"Daylight" 6500K = Vegetative
"Warm" 2700K (or below) = Flowering

You may use bulbs that are all one rated color temperature but most like to mix them:
Vegetative = 75% 6500K / 25% 2700K
Flowering = 75% 2700K / 25% 6500K

is 1250 lumens enough for one plant?

For a plant of what size?

Size lighting based upon size (area) of grow room. 3000+ lumen per square foot for vegetative, 5000+ lumen per square foot for flowering.

Number of plants in GR varies depending on type of strain(s), growing method, plant-spacing, length of grow, personal choice, et cetera.

1250 lumen is enough for a very young and small plant.

Keep CFLs close to plants - no more than 2" away. Direct fan at plant(s) to carry off any heat and to help build healthier plants. Position CFLs in a horizontal orientation (screw-in base to the side); the vast majority of the illumination produced by a bulb comes in a 360° pattern from the side of it while almost none comes from the ends. The rated output of bulbs is the total produced - NOT the amount that is produced from the part of the bulb that is actually facing your plant(s) - build homemade CFL reflectors out of aluminum soda/etc. cans to direct as much illumination as possible towards your plant(s). You pay for the bulbs and the electricity to run them - always try to use as much of the illumination you're paying for as possible.

[EDIT: Make sure that your "GE 60W Plant Grow Lights (blue)" are not incandescent bulbs! They produce far more heat than usable light. Go with CFLs if your budget is limited. Look for 23-watt, 26-watt, 42-watt, et cetera and make sure that you are looking at the actual wattage and not some useless "equivalent (lol) to" rating which is in relation to a comparable incandescent reading/area light and is useless to the grower.]

really appreciate the advice, i'll not be growing it in any kind of box, or closet, its just going to be in my room. under a few lamps. i'll have a fan on it and the window blinds kept open.

I'm growing the plant from seed and would like to keep it relatively small, I don't think white dwarf will get big anyway.

I did not know most of the light came from the sides, I was going to use a desk lamp to light the plant but now i think i'll have to find another way to do it. the lamps have shields around the light and will prevent it from feeding the plant.

thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom