Growing Slow!

K3nji

Hey Guys I need some help. This is my second grow. The first plant I grew was a monster but turned out to be male. This time I bought feminized seeds and started 2 of them. The White Widow has been growing since 2/9 and the Amnesia Haze since 2/17. They seem to be growing at a snails pace!

Both are in Happy Frog Soil with 30% perlite. They are under a 600 watt Higrow Full spectrum LED on a 18/6 schedule., water is PH to 6.5 and the temps have been a consistent 77 High 68 Low with about 45% RH. I just gave them their first round of nutes at 20% strength. Superthrive, Cal Mag and Alaska Fish.

They look happy and healthy....What am I doing wrong? My previous plant had the same growing schedule and was a MONSTER after 30 days, but turned out to be male.
PLEASE HELP!

Attachments

• 20200312_083106.jpg
    20200312_083106.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • 20200312_083058.jpg
    20200312_083058.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
"600w" isn't what you're thinking it is. You've been duped.

What does it pull from the wall? Like 80w or something?

The short of it is that you don't have near enough light for those plants. For being what, close to 5 weeks old, you should be drastically bigger and about ready to flip.

Next, you started feeding late and too light.

Also, you don't need to pH your water. It's soil. Soil, happy frog, ocean forest, promix, sunshine mix, etc do not need the input pH'd as they are a buffered medium. Coco, hydro, straight peat, sure. So that will save you some time.

Happy Frog needs nutes after about 2-3 weeks. Some will give a light feed even during the early weeks. After 3 weeks, a feed of 40% of the manufacturers recommendation for that week/growth stage would be fine, and the next watering 50%. Then read your plants and see if they want more or less.

If you'd like to learn more about a semi-foolproof method, just holler.

"600w" isn't what you're thinking it is. You've been duped.

What does it pull from the wall? Like 80w or something?

The short of it is that you don't have near enough light for those plants. For being what, close to 5 weeks old, you should be drastically bigger and about ready to flip.

Next, you started feeding late and too light.

Also, you don't need to pH your water. It's soil. Soil, happy frog, ocean forest, promix, sunshine mix, etc do not need the input pH'd as they are a buffered medium. Coco, hydro, straight peat, sure. So that will save you some time.

Happy Frog needs nutes after about 2-3 weeks. Some will give a light feed even during the early weeks. After 3 weeks, a feed of 40% of the manufacturers recommendation for that week/growth stage would be fine, and the next watering 50%. Then read your plants and see if they want more or less.

If you'd like to learn more about a semi-foolproof method, just holler.
Thanks! The pull from the wall is 120 watts. Each plants is under its own light. When I first started them, they were under a 1000watt that was about 12 inches away and they COMPLETELY stopped growing. Was told it was too much light and too close. I switched out the 1000 watt and got 2 600 watts and they started growing again. They quickly got to where they are now, but seemed to have stopped again. I will up the feeding as you suggested. Thanks again

If you started out that way right after you re-potted then your roots are probably moving straight down instead of spreading outward in the soil. I've made that mistake and it does stunt growth. When you move a seedling into a 5 gallon you need to begin watering just a perimeter around the plant not the entire surface and not until you get runoff. You don't want a lot of wet soil at the bottom of the pot because the roots will seek it out. You want wet soil surrounding the plant but not going to deep so that the roots will seek that water out. When the roots crawl around and move outward seeking water the plant gets bigger. When the roots dive straight down without spreading out, growth is stunted. My suggestion would be to let it get almost dry and adjust your watering area.

Back
Top Bottom