Growing tips anytime

I am adding epsom foliar sprays to this grow as well! I am also using epsom salt and cane sugar transplant soil addendums and epsom salt toppings along with the earthworm castings I already use. I have heard excellent things about the epsom
Very interesting!

Well I have the old 4x8 with some new 400 watt HIDs and a veg closet :rofl: and, Thanks Hippie :passitleft:

Don't over do it, it's still a salt, and can cause a lock out if used too often :hmmmm: I only use it by itself when watering, and then again, not too often, like maybe 4 or 5 times throughout their lives, and then only if they ask for it...I don't grow with science, probably not even with common sense :rofl: but I can read my plants and know what they need and when they need it :nerd-with-glasses::morenutes::morenutes:
A man with a plan! Same here - use it 4 to 5 times during a grow. You can general tell if the girls are screaming for a little extra magnesium love.

A man with a plan! Same here - use it 4 to 5 times during a grow. You can general tell if the girls are screaming for a little extra magnesium love.
That’s the thing with 420 I learn something most every day.

ppm Charlie runs 12/12.
So I run 12/12 until week 8ish strain depending. Some don't need the push.. I only try to do this when I'm speeding up the ripening process. I don't like to do this personally I think it takes away final critical hours but this is just speculation. I've never seen a difference but the science is sound. The plants actually do count the hours and do know a one hour diff. They think fall is here and they try harder to find pollin.. this is why they're ripening quicker with a 11/13 schedule. I think if you have the time, refrain from the 11/13;) Just one guys opinion lol..

So I run 12/12 until week 8ish strain depending. Some don't need the push.. I only try to do this when I'm speeding up the ripening process. I don't like to do this personally I think it takes away final critical hours but this is just speculation. I've never seen a difference but the science is sound. The plants actually do count the hours and do know a one hour diff. They think fall is here and they try harder to find pollin.. this is why they're ripening quicker with a 11/13 schedule. I think if you have the time, refrain from the 11/13;) Just one guys opinion lol..
Good to know - 11/13 speeds ripening, if needed. Thanks.

So my "secret weapon" is two fold.. silica to help stressors and cell walls and microbe tea. Tea makes your roots happy. I'll go into the science of it if you like but bigger roots make bigger fruits;)
How many times a grow do you serve your 420 tea? The couple times I used it in the past, I got good results. I have heard that teas are real game changers and plant roots love it. Any favorite microbe tea recipe?

I do use silica too, it is important. I want strong stem growth - less weeping willows when the buds get heavy - also to lessen heat stress - very important.

Your advice on happy roots is so very true. People that use air pots say they get a lot better consistent root development - what is your opinion? Air pots dry out quicker but if a grower is intensive in his/her intentions or auto-waters (drip or automatic delivery) it is not as big a problem.

I want you to know that I appreciate your advise. The photos you posted lately tell it all. You are a true cannabis craftsman.

Hey ppm Charlie I’m going to do the 5 days in 7 by using 21 hours 36 minutes on/12 hours lights off starting Sunday at 6;00 am . Says I can get a possibly 40% increase in yield. What you think ?

How many times a grow do you serve your 420 tea? The couple times I used it in the past, I got good results. I have heard that teas are real game changers and plant roots love it. Any favorite microbe tea recipe?

I do use silica too, it is important. I want strong stem growth - less weeping willows when the buds get heavy - also to lessen heat stress - very important.

Your advice on happy roots is so very true. People that use air pots say they get a lot better consistent root development - what is your opinion? Air pots dry out quicker but if a grower is intensive in his/her intentions or auto-waters (drip or automatic delivery) it is not as big a problem.

I want you to know that I appreciate your advise. The photos you posted lately tell it all. You are a true cannabis craftsman.
Good morning ppm I use the recharge brand which has kelp and amino acids that "feed" your microbes as well as your trichoderma and mycorrhizae fungi.. it'll help keep ya clean and allow easier water uptake but theres more science than that if your interested I can get into it later. I use it every other feed but you can get away with once a week. As for air pots I love em. I dont use em due to watering more often and good knows I water a lot between work and home! I believe that you can get the same results at least if properly watered. Most ppl always overwater and in doing starve the roots of oxygen. There's obviously o2 in water however excess will cut all oxygen off. Air pots are definitely designed to allow for this excess and are extremely helpful especially to newbies:) Thanks for your compliments brother, I try to stay grounded and check my ego at the door lol!

Super interesting! I've never considered this does it truly work? If so why? I'd love to learn!!!
I like trying something different and I can’t drought a DWC , instead of looking for a higher THC I’ll try for a larger yield. I’ll tag everyone in Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Does it truly work , we will find out .

Strain - Unknown
# of Plants - 1
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 3 Gallon
Lights - (1) 60 Watt LED
Nutrients - down to earth 4-4-4 & 4-8-4
Medium - Fox farms happy frog soil
PH - 6.5
RH - 50% to 60%
Room Temperature -70 to 78
Pests - None

About 60 days old. No issues to this point. very healthy plant. The plant has a lot of new growth up the stock. Should I let it be, or trim some off? I have removed 5 or 6 fan leaves to let more light in to the bottom of the plant. what else needs to be done? Thx.

bud1.jpg

bud2.jpg

bud3.jpg

Hey ppm Charlie I’m going to do the 5 days in 7 by using 21 hours 36 minutes on/12 hours lights off starting Sunday at 6;00 am . Says I can get a possibly 40% increase in yield. What you think ?
I think you could do it, sounds like a very interesting and important test to increase yield. I've never tried it, it may be strain dependent. I would be interested to hear about your results if you decide to do it. I have heard and read that light schedule manipulation is most effective in late bloom when flower production is max. This article gives you the basics and the lighting schedule to shoot for:

From the article:

"The only photoperiod manipulation from years of experiments that offered discernible improvements was this adjustment made for 1 or 2 calendar weeks at the point of maximum flowering rate...".

Sounds to me reading the article that it is most useful for a time during max flower production and that it is optional whether a grower goes back to 12/12 after or keeps the manipulated light schedule. I wasn't clear on that part of the article.

You might want to try some red and far-red light too...I have some red/far-red bulbs and I am going to try it this grow.

They say in the heliospectra article 10mins before and 10 mins after the main photoperiod. I've also read 5mins before and after and also just 5mins after. In other words, red 10 mins before main light, main lighting begins, red light off, main lighting concludes and off, 10 mins of red light, red light off.

UV light and ozone are also supposed to be effective as a plant stressors during late flowering. Leaf damage results from either UV or ozone and is "supposed" to cause elevated terpene production. However, some studies refute the UV/terpene phenomenon. UV does increase "purpling" in the cannabis leaf and flower, apparently, as indicated here:

I imagine any of these methods are probably most effective in the late to very last part of flowering when you are trying to twist up the terpene production and yield right before 24-48hr darkness and harvest.

From what I understand, recent research on cannabis is that photo, chemical and physical stresses on cannabis in the last part of flowering can increase terpene content and yields too.

I'd say maybe try your lighting manipulation approach and see what happens. I do not think it could hurt your yields. Could be important to getting you over the finish line to that elevated yield you are shooting for. Let me know if you decide to try it and your results. Inquiring minds want to know.

Good morning ppm I use the recharge brand which has kelp and amino acids that "feed" your microbes as well as your trichoderma and mycorrhizae fungi.. it'll help keep ya clean and allow easier water uptake but theres more science than that if your interested I can get into it later. I use it every other feed but you can get away with once a week. As for air pots I love em. I dont use em due to watering more often and good knows I water a lot between work and home! I believe that you can get the same results at least if properly watered. Most ppl always overwater and in doing starve the roots of oxygen. There's obviously o2 in water however excess will cut all oxygen off. Air pots are definitely designed to allow for this excess and are extremely helpful especially to newbies:) Thanks for your compliments brother, I try to stay grounded and check my ego at the door lol!
Thank you very much for the "recharge" recommendation, I'm going to try it. When you get a chance, shoot me a line on the science behind the compost-tea/recharge thought. I am kind of a science "geek" that way :cool:, but still novice in my talents. Air pots do seem enhance root grow, however, like you say you have to water a lot to keep up with the evaporation out the sides and enhanced root uptake. You are also right regarding over watering - it is a killer. A lot of the strains like hot and dry conditions so letting a plant dry out until it "requests" a drink is the best policy. Thanks for all the info, looking forward to hearing more from you in this thread, when you have time. I believe your experience is a bountiful feast of cannabis knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom