Growing using ziplock gallon bags

Zayah

So a friend of mine and I were talking today and he mentioned how he grew had grown his in a ziplock gallon bag, the whole time looking for a gallon size pot and I never once thought of using the the ziplock bags I have in the kitchen. Benefit is you are able to see the rootzone, (which I’m really looking forward to seeing if it works like I’m thinking about) also when transplanting again you just have to rip the bag.

Has anyone else tried this, what were your results ? I’m very curious to know.

So a friend of mine and I were talking today and he mentioned how he grew had grown his in a ziplock gallon bag, the whole time looking for a gallon size pot and I never once thought of using the the ziplock bags I have in the kitchen. Benefit is you are able to see the rootzone, (which I’m really looking forward to seeing if it works like I’m thinking about) also when transplanting again you just have to rip the bag.

Has anyone else tried this, what were your results ? I’m very curious to know.
If you can get that to work I would love to see the process would be great being able to watch the root system grow

My first thought is you want some drainage holes at the bottom and the roots may not like the light on the dirt but try it let us know, sounds like fun

Edit I was late and repeated the advice above but didn't see until now lol

@Auggie hey I mean if you enjoy reinventing the wheel lol.
But I also agree that a pot of any type will do you better then ziploc, Plus just slide the dirt and plant out the pot once you know she has enough root to hold the dirt together and you can see where you at

Yeah, maybe if you get a paper punch & fill it full of holes & paint it black. Oh ... the baggie version of the Air Pot ... lol.
Literally exactly what was in my head word for word even the paper punch

Yeah, maybe if you get a paper punch & fill it full of holes & paint it black. Oh ... the baggie version of the Air Pot ... lol.
Like idk if the OP wants to be able to reuse the Ziplocs after or naw??

@Zayah this is how one would grow in a ziploc if you are hell bent on trying (what I quoted from BudsBunny)

Actually Lembatoast who was one of 420 Mags old G’s started plants in grocery bags and garbage bags. Lembatoast is the one who created the strain UD that several of are growing. Toast was an old hippy from the 60’s living in SoCal.

Actually Lembatoast who was one of 420 Mags old G’s started plants in grocery bags and garbage bags. Lembatoast is the one who created the strain UD that several of are growing. Toast was an old hippy from the 60’s living in SoCal.
I'll bet they weren't clear. They do sell plastic grow bags but they are full of small holes & they are black. I just can't see doing it in a zip lock.

Back
Top Bottom