Growing using ziplock gallon bags

They got uplanted from the bags. I ran out of 1g pots so went that way. Means to an end.
The reveg phase can be daunting to new growers, lots of weird growth, no growth it seems and the pre-flowers that smell DELICIOUS and look great: all things to make you second guess.
Keep asking questions, we'll get there together.

And any container will do as a transition pot.
20200618_172825.jpg

OK so update on the plants that were in the gallon bags :
I transplanted them a couple days ago. Gorilla Glue A, Gorilla Glue B, didn’t seem to mind having the lights shining on their roots to terribly much, I watched as the days went by and the roots started to come out of the soil and continue to flourish. I must say it was really neat and enjoyed The experience because in regular pots you don’t get to see It. Now gorilla glue B we did have some issues towards the end with fuzzy roots because it would get hot in the room and they were so much moisture in the bag and the holes that were first put on the bag weren’t all that great and ended up putting more a week after putting them in the bags. Mount the fuzzy roots weren’t all that bad and not many were affected by it. Thankfully I caught it early enough to fix the problem before it became one. . . Hopefully. Because honestly I’ve never used the hydrogen peroxide mix on such a big medium and it kinda makes me nervous because I’m not 100% sure I know what I’m doing. The first few times I did it, it was during seedling stage and I dipped the little plant in the mix and twirled it around to get it mixed in real good. Some I read that your supposed to just poor it like you do when you feed it and I guess that’s it? I don’t use a full gallon when I feed or water I only use as much as my plants show me they need. It’s easier that way with me. It does require me to water/feed almost every day but I’d rather do it that way because I check on them every day anyway. Now with these GG being in way bigger pots I get confused on how to treat it. Thoughts on treating possible root rot on a plant that has a lot of soil medium Anywho. They are doing really well. Feeding with FF grow, cal mag, and Dakine420 bio minerals. Kinda thought one had a magnesium deficiency so I started to do all three when mixing but it didnt seem to help with the leaves. I looked online at the deficiencies and that’s why I’ve come to the conclusion that it was magnesium but not sure how to fix it with what I have, which is the three nutrients I listed. I have other pictures if these dont help but if anyone has any thoughts on what the deficiency could be id really appreciate the help

26FE9AD2-F3E7-41DF-B267-19DF8DBEC336.jpegGGB , Right after transplant into bags August 3rd995A0A3C-9858-4EFD-9A9D-22F4CE766A8A.jpegGGA August 3rd, Day Of transplant into bags.

Aug 7th
8F7A0D54-99D7-4EE0-A681-9C825D3A62B3.jpegGGA
BBDAA967-D001-480D-A6B6-E20AEDA0F0D7.jpegGGB
9E0271FB-8A30-473D-B4B3-44AB514F5B47.jpegGG A or B, not sure which one.

D46DB9E4-4928-4F5F-96C9-4729C9D0005E.jpegGGA roots already showing. Aug 9th
FD1E2519-224E-4A5C-A4D6-8BE31A1E598B.jpegGGA Aug 9th
AE88D75B-27F5-4A8F-9386-A48B459ED628.jpegGGB root system, most of B’s roots were at the bottom and I always forgot when I’d slide her to me not thinking.
2415B0CE-E740-4954-A87B-5AF8D7AD3979.jpegGGB Aug 9th

So looking back I can see that GGA has had the deficiency for a while now. And I believe it may have just really started to show on GGB recently but could be mistaken.
Any thoughts ?

Attachments

• FCEB579F-312E-4BFF-B617-1C4265F067CB.jpeg
    FCEB579F-312E-4BFF-B617-1C4265F067CB.jpeg
    784.8 KB · Views: 20
If your that desperate to start em and you can buy proper pots in a week or 2 start them in toilet roll tubes.. perfect for transplqnting without disturbing also slice a few gashes in sides so roots can develop easier once transplanted and ya good to go.
img_1597066862410.jpg

If your that desperate to start em and you can buy proper pots in a week or 2 start them in toilet roll tubes.. perfect for transplqnting without disturbing also slice a few gashes in sides so roots can develop easier once transplanted and ya good to go.
img_1597066862410.jpg
Wasn’t about being desperate or anything like that, I have plenty of pots I could use. It was more about the experience and the knowledge I learned from doing this. I’m a curious person and love learning new things. Firm believer that there’s plenty of other ways to use or do one thing
Never would have thought to use toilet paper tubes, that’s a smart ass idea ! Will have to try that one day too. Send me ur step by step on preparation and what not
I’d really love to try it out. If you don’t mind of course :)

i just folded em in half and cut out 2 triangles either side shich become diamonds when unfolded so roots can escape packed in bottom can cut n fold bottom over if you wish. Pretty simple stuff first time i tried with this grow and im seeing roots all over bottom of my totes. I got few weeks to go still but once i chop them ill be inspecting the tubes and how roots developed within them, be able to see if roots actually broke through tube where i had not cut also. I do know i have a solid root system within the totes though.

Hey Zayah, thought I would add this - Generally speaking cannabis roots don’t like prolonged exposure to light. If you ever noticed tree roots while growing underground are damp and whiteish yellow but when exposed above ground they are dried up and cover over themselves with bark for protection from uv rays.

As far as root rot... is it possible that there is a flat spot on bottom of bag that isn’t draining properly or getting air? There is an old growers bromide that goes Cannabis doesn’t like wet feet. Yes I know about hydro and those roots are adapted for wet feet. In soil a continuously wet spot at the bottom can suffocate roots. Another aspect is that when you move a bag around the small fine root hairs may be torn by shifting soil as you move the bag around, maybe not a deal breaker just food for thought. Can you poke another couple of holes in the bottom of that bag & elevate the bag for air flow underneath? I would also be concerned about heat transfer from concrete slabs, brick pavers, wood decks etc, etc.. Just to be safe take an outdoor temp reading at 1pm on a sunny day. Some plants may power thru while others blow a gasket.

Great idea 4ursins. It’s good to see experiments and truly there are many ways to skin a cat.

Ive just been and checked on the toilet roll tubes ive never looked at them but upon loser inspection all trace of toilet roll holders have disintigrated and become part of the soil this is within 3/4 weeks of going into soil.. I will be using this method again.

Back
Top Bottom