Growing with Big Budha

I will be harvesting tomorrow I will post the results when finished:peace::circle-of-love:

Pics

If we didn't see it, it didn't happen... LOL

Pics are coming soon

Still waiting for pics...

041119.JPG
We seen it so it happened. Congrats Budha...

Bravo indeed, congrats on your harvest and some lush looking colas :) awesomeness :) :)
Thanks LA. Looking forward to the next grow I keep learning and getting better. I really need to find a better way to control the smell The charcoal filter I'm using is not doing the job.

We seen it so it happened. Congrats Budha...
Glad you like it BAR

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Hey bud, that looks so great, you must be so proud. So your 400 w led did all that growing? I have a couple of questions if you don't mind....I feel like such an idiot, but I read so many different things, and I really don't want to waste too much cash since I'm on a fixed income. You had responded to a posting of mine about a 300w led panel for 8 sq. ft. tent and you thought it would be ok. When changing from veg to flower, do you need to adjust the power of the light or just the hours? The panel I was looking at didn't say anything about being dimable. Also, a real dumb one, how often and how much do you water those beauties? Again, I've read conflicting things about watering, including when to water. Do you water them when the lights are off? Thanks a bunch, and again, I'm so happy for your grow!

Just three weeks since the flip and they are starting to frost up I am very pleased with the results so far the Growology nutes are doing a great job with very little effort. All I have to do is mix a tablespoon full of step 3 to a gallon of water the ph it and it is good to go.

Hey bud, that looks so great, you must be so proud. So your 400 w led did all that growing? I have a couple of questions if you don't mind....I feel like such an idiot, but I read so many different things, and I really don't want to waste too much cash since I'm on a fixed income. You had responded to a posting of mine about a 300w led panel for 8 sq. ft. tent and you thought it would be ok. When changing from veg to flower, do you need to adjust the power of the light or just the hours? The panel I was looking at didn't say anything about being dimable. Also, a real dumb one, how often and how much do you water those beauties? Again, I've read conflicting things about watering, including when to water. Do you water them when the lights are off? Thanks a bunch, and again, I'm so happy for your grow!
Thanks for posting A couple of things which light are you lookin at ? Does it have both veg and bloom spectrums and are they switchable?
My lights are not dimmable there are some that are but if you are on a budget I would say go with the light you can afford. LED's are easy to grow with some simple factors that need to be followed. One you don't need to have the light too close 18" to 24" depending on the wattage of the diodes the higher the wattage of the diode the further away they need to be. Second you'll need to add more cal/mag to you feeding schedule. Third get ready for some dank weed I hope this is of some help good luck with your choice of LED:tokin::passitleft:

Thanks for your help Big Budda! I always tell my better half that 420er's are the best people, not because we are buzzed...ok, maybe sometimes, but I believe the government has created such a bad name for smoker's, that we have sort of bounded together. I believe the government is responsible for most of the problems we have now a days. When I was in school....many many moons ago, you didn't worry about kids walking in with a gun and opening up firing. Why? Because years ago, I used to get my head handed to me if I got into trouble. Now, schools teach kids that corporal punishment is against the law. Gee, if that was the case, my mom and grandmother would have spent years in the big house...on top of that, I went to Catholic school, and the nuns use to whack you good. But, let me get off my soap box...it just irritates me.

I was looking at a 300w led, supposedly it covers 1.6 to 6 sq. m. The ad says it's for veg and flowering. It isn't dimmable. So, would you just adjust the light to make them flower if using feminized seeds? And would you use the lights for 18 hours then drop to 12?

Another thing, if using auto's, would you just leave the lights on for 18-20 hours for the entire grow? (I read somewhere that it should be 24/7...something tht I don't think I care to do.

Well, thanks again for your help...hey, getting closer to the magical 50 postings! Hahaha

Dentu50 I read a book from the US government about growin Cannabis that said more than 18 hrs of sunlight is a waste of resources the plants need time to rest they actually grow at night after storing up all the energy they received from the sun during the day and I believe that. OK for me I veg keep my lights at 18/6 for 8 weeks, then Flower reduce the lights to 12/12 for 8 weeks. For autos I'm not sure of the optimum lighting schedule as they are not photo period dependent to start flowering

Hello.

I saw a few picks in your gallery labeled "Blue Dream"?

Are you making a journal for Blue Dream?
Wow, Scarfinger68, I went back and read your grow journals and I am very impressed with them. Since I am a newbie when it comes to trying to grow...not a newbie when it comes to everything else, which my better half reminds me all the time...haha...I was wondering when you used cfls, how much light did you use when growing the plants in 24 oz cups(again, very impressed, didn't think you could grow in such a small cup). Being on a fixed income, and tired of buying dirt weed since around here, "top shelf" goes for 25 a gram, I'm trying to read up as much til I start for real. I have a 4x2x5 grow tent already(have to buy things piece by piece, next would be the lights. I was thinking of cfl's since they cost less t run, and I cannot to have a whopping electric bill, or want "the man" nosing around since my power increased o much. I've read that I would need around 32000 lumens for the 8 sq. ft, which works out to around 20 bulbs....any input would be great...especially from someone with your talent. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom...and your brownies looked awesome!

Wow, Scarfinger68, I went back and read your grow journals and I am very impressed with them. Since I am a newbie when it comes to trying to grow...not a newbie when it comes to everything else, which my better half reminds me all the time...haha...I was wondering when you used cfls, how much light did you use when growing the plants in 24 oz cups(again, very impressed, didn't think you could grow in such a small cup). Being on a fixed income, and tired of buying dirt weed since around here, "top shelf" goes for 25 a gram, I'm trying to read up as much til I start for real. I have a 4x2x5 grow tent already(have to buy things piece by piece, next would be the lights. I was thinking of cfl's since they cost less t run, and I cannot to have a whopping electric bill, or want "the man" nosing around since my power increased o much. I've read that I would need around 32000 lumens for the 8 sq. ft, which works out to around 20 bulbs....any input would be great...especially from someone with your talent. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom...and your brownies looked awesome!

Well, this is my flower room and I don't have the recommended lumens per sq. ft. But, I do have more than the minimum recommended.

I understand there is a lot of debate on how to add lumens and light intensity and so forth.

I am NOT pretending to be an expert on the subject.

My Flower Room Lighting
42W (color: 2700 K) (Lumens: 2800) x8 = 22400 lumens
2' x 2' Flower box = 4 sq. ft.
22400 lm/4 sq. ft. = 5600 lumens per sq. ft.
(ideal is 7000 -1000 lumens per sq. ft.) (minimum recommended is 3000 lm/sq. ft.)

I just realized that my current CFL's say 2700 lumens:

My Flower Room Lighting
42W (color: 2700 K) (Lumens: 2700) x8 = 21600 lumens
2' x 2' Flower box = 4 sq. ft.
21600 lm/4 sq. ft. = 5400 lumens per sq. ft.
(ideal is 7000 -1000 lumens per sq. ft.) (minimum recommended is 3000 lm/sq. ft.)

So as wattage goes I am running 336 W. This would be in a range that would make running a HPS more justifiable. My main reason not to is... space. Most HPS have a hood and this would take up to much of my grow space to make them viable for me.

from somewhere on the web or maybe from here:

So how much bigger do you have to make the HPS lamp before it starts kicking CFL's ass in terms of power efficiency? Below you will find I have done the math for the popular sizes of High Pressure Sodium bulbs:

70w(90Watts actual)- 6000Lumen 67Lumen/Watt
100w(124Watts actual)- 9500Lumen 76Lumen/Watt
150w(199Watts actual)- 15000Lumen 76Lumen/Watt
250w(300Watts actual)- 29000Lumen 97Lumen/Watt
400w(468Watts actual)- 50000Lumen 107Lumen/Watt
600w(660Watts actual)- 90000Lumen 136Lumen/Watt
1000w(1140Watts actual)- 140000Lumen 140Lumen/Watt

As you can see, the efficiency doesn't start to get worthwhile until you get up into the 250W-400W+ range. So I guess you could argue that CFL is the obvious choice for someone who wants to stay under 250 watts...

So, are you bummed out because you think $60-$100 bucks for one of those huge 150watt cfl lights is unfair? So do I. The GOOD news is that in terms of light output per watt, the smaller CFL bulbs are more efficient than their larger counterparts. See the enclosed data below

CFL Chart
26W- 1700Lumen 65Lumen/Watt
42W- 2600Lumen 62Lumen/Watt
65W- 3400Lumen 52Lumen/Watt
85W- 4200Lumen 49Lumen/Watt
105W- 6900Lumen 66Lumen/Watt
150W- 8200Lumen 55Lumen/Watt
200W- 10000Lumen 50Lumen/Watt

In the end some people will shame you for using CFL's. Fuck'em. You have to do what is right for you.

And let me tell you... My wife took some of my buds to some OLD time smokers that usually smoke Columbian Gold. They honestly got freaked out a little when they smoked my Northern Lights because it was too good! They said stuff like.. "I am too high" and "Damn I got a body buzz" and "this stuff is high THC" and "I am too high to go out to the bar, I think I better just go home". They kept on asking where she got her weed. The secret is still safe :)

Good Luck

Thanks for the reply and the info, was so nice of you to take your time out of your day to help me. I don't want to use the high intensity lights, don't want to risk a fire, and with those lights I've read you need extra cooling...too complicated for me...and too expensive. I think the cfl's are my best option, so like you said, screw em! I've read enough to know they work...ok, you might sacrifice some bud, but what can you do. One other question I would like to throw at you. When I start for real, and order seeds, if I use 1gal. Smart bags, how many plants do you think I could handle...keep in mind it's my first! HaHa!

Thanks for the reply and the info, was so nice of you to take your time out of your day to help me. I don't want to use the high intensity lights, don't want to risk a fire, and with those lights I've read you need extra cooling...too complicated for me...and too expensive. I think the cfl's are my best option, so like you said, screw em! I've read enough to know they work...ok, you might sacrifice some bud, but what can you do. One other question I would like to throw at you. When I start for real, and order seeds, if I use 1gal. Smart bags, how many plants do you think I could handle...keep in mind it's my first! HaHa!

Probably depends on how tall you plan on growing them.

I would suggest 2 to 4 plants with a minimum of 8 42W CFL's.

If 4 plants: if possible, 6 CFL's for each 2 plants in that space for a total of 12 to CFL's

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/P10005881.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/P10006371.JPG

I used a 2 x4, power strip hooked to the 2x4 and some "Y" connectors. You could easily put 6 lights per power strip.

BUT... don't think there won't be any heat out put. There will be. I can't say for sure how much but u will probably need some cooling... at least a fan blowing air around in your tent...and something pulling air out of your tent.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom