Growing With CFL's

doublejointed

I'm on my third set of plants growing with CFL bulbs. i made a grow box 32" wide by 20" deep and 48" tall out of poly sheild insulation (it's Styrofoam board) it comes in 4'x8' sheets and has shiny aluminum foil on one side. i use 2 300 watt CFL bulbs about 3-4 inches above the plants, until the plants reach 24" in height then add 4 150 watt bulbs around the middle of the box. i can grow 2 plants about 36 inches tall in 8 weeks on a 18-6 light cycle my first 2 turned out to be male...bummer. my next 2 one male one female that turned hremi 3 weeks into the flowering cycle. final bud production was about an ounce(by volume not weight) i probably could have gotten a little more if i had been patient...but the need to feed the head was my downfall...lol ... all my supplies for making the grow box and the CFL's were bought at the home depo for about $90.00 including 5 gal buckets and soil. the cost of electricity over 4an1/2 months was roughly $18.00 per month. my current crop is 5 weeks old today they are aprox 14" tall and very healthy, if the hemp gods are looking favorably over me these 2 plants should both be female. i'm glad i stumbled upon this website :) remember what the door mouse said "feed your head"

new-box-8-17.JPG
AH !! hope this works

Whats good doublejointed,

Here is a handy guide as to how to post your photos here.
How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos. You'll get the hang of it brotha, it is quite easy.

Hope this helps ya,

And :welcome: to :420: community brotha, don't forget to check out our forum guidelines, it's in my signature.

:peacetwo:

3-3-121.JPG
both plants are the same age..but the smaller one is in twice used soil....even tho i added chicken manure i think the soil is depleted of neuts... i feed once a week alternating between miracle grow and chicken shit tea

What strain is it? Everything looks good to me so far double, I like following these CFL grows to see how things turn out. I too grow with the CFL's and have had some pretty decent results, growing white widow, green crack, and platinum OG kush right now. As far as the smaller plant it could just be random. I have had plants started at the same time in new soil and you will get runts sometimes, it will catch up. Subbed on this one, good luck on your grow.:Namaste:

ya know i'm not really sure what strain it is....the original seeds i started with were about 8 yrs old,and it was supposed to be purple sinsemilla. i was really surprised that they sprouted for being so old. they have a very strong "skunky" smell and the leaves have purple stems... that pic is from 2 weeks ago...WTF pics won't upload ...i'll put up recent pics soon

ya know i'm not really sure what strain it is....the original seeds i started with were about 8 yrs old,and it was supposed to be purple sinsemilla. i was really surprised that they sprouted for being so old. they have a very strong "skunky" smell and the leaves have purple stems... that pic is from 2 weeks ago...WTF pics won't upload ...i'll put up recent pics soon

Whats good doublejointed,

You know that the word Sinsemilla, is latin,

Sin-Without or None
Semilla- seed

Put them together, sinsemilla's meaning is "without seed"

Just thought I would throw in my 2 pennies...

:peacetwo:

recent pics... photos taken yesterday, 5 weeks from germination. do they look average for 5 weeks ??..just wondering if my chicken shit tea is making a differance
3-17-12.JPG
plant_A_3-17.JPG
plant_B_3-17.JPG

they don't seem to be growing as tall as my last plants but they are very bushy.i have had to trim a lot of leaves so the inner branches can get more light...it doesn't seem to affect them at all. i usually trim leaves when i water and they take it in stride. it has made the lower branches really grow. because i grow in 5gal buckets it seems the plants get root bound if they get much taller than 30". any thoughts on pot/container size. also any suggies on what to do to control smell ? for now i just make passing comments to my neighbors about " the dang skunks living under the garage

Those are some nice lookers ya have. Looks like your on the right track. Ya might want to train her a little. Helps with cfl.
I have a all cfl grow going as well.
Over 1000 true Watt with 20 lady's. I've been trying different tech's free grow-
Training -scrog-and training looks to be the winner so far. Tho scrog- will give. A running for the $.
Keep doing what u doing. Looken good... subd-

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom