Growing with Regular seeds.

chib

Hello everyone.

I just received some seeds but they are not feminized. It's my first time growing with regular seeds and I'm not quite sure about how to go on about it.

I have a 3x3x6 tent and a 260 watt led and would like to get 3-4 females for flower, but if I was to have them in 3 gallon buckets I would only be able to fit 4 plants total in my setup.

I figure if I had 7 plants or so in 1 gallon pots when I threw them into 12/12 i could sift through the males and once they all showed sex I could up pot the girls into the 3's.

Would this be ethical ? Or would this just be a waste of time by having to repot most likely a week or so into the 12/12 flip. I really like the strains I purchased so I want to figure out a way to get this accomplished.

Thank you :)

It sounds like a good enough plan to me. Always a chance of surprises with too many girls or too much stretch, and getting overcrowded. If you want to play it extra safe you could sprout 4 or 5 seeds and just veg the girls a bit longer to fill space if you have to toss some males.

Repotting in flower is fine.

They won’t show sex till they’re about a month old, give or take about a week, regardless of what lighting schedule they’re on. Males generally show earlier than females though.

Happy new year! @chib , what they said, hahaha! I always do four. I just put these in to soak and, since I made em, I have no idea what sex. I crossed Bubba Kush and Afghani for these
20210101_175517.jpg

Smile and stay stoneder

Hello everyone.

I just received some seeds but they are not feminized. It's my first time growing with regular seeds and I'm not quite sure about how to go on about it.

I have a 3x3x6 tent and a 260 watt led and would like to get 3-4 females for flower, but if I was to have them in 3 gallon buckets I would only be able to fit 4 plants total in my setup.

I figure if I had 7 plants or so in 1 gallon pots when I threw them into 12/12 i could sift through the males and once they all showed sex I could up pot the girls into the 3's.

Would this be ethical ? Or would this just be a waste of time by having to repot most likely a week or so into the 12/12 flip. I really like the strains I purchased so I want to figure out a way to get this accomplished.

Thank you :)
Expect there to be hermaphrodites with regular seeds you will get some male some female and some that show both it can and will happen often so after you sex them look for male parts on the ones you thought were all female. Every time I have ordered regular seeds I had at lest one true hermie.

Start them in 1 gal. pots. Once big enough take a cutting from each & put the cuttings on 12/12 to find out the sex of each plant before you flower the actual plants. The cuttings will root & you can flower those too & get as much as an oz.

Back
Top Bottom