Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Has anyone looked at the newer line from Jack's? Jack's Nutrients 15-5-20, formulated for tap, city, or well water with slightly higher alkalinity & pH. I like the ratios and the slightly higher percentage of Ammoniacal Nitrogen than Mega Crop would make it a better fit with my 140ppm tap.
Does that Jack's have any micronutrients? Because the 20-10-20 used to adjust the pH of high pH soil has basically none!

Does that Jack's have any micronutrients? Because the 20-10-20 used to adjust the pH of high pH soil has basically none!

Yes, it's a complete 1 part.

Thanks! I'll have to check it out. And if it comes in less than $70 bags, order some for the times my pH gets too high.

The Zon has 2.2lb bags for $30, but $25lbs is in the $70 range, so they really rape you for smaller quantities. The 15-5-20 doesn't have nearly the percentage of Ammoniacal Nitrate as the 20-10-20, so it won't be as effective reducing pH. It's more of a constant use product that should fight rising pH in higher alkalinity water.

I'll throw this LINK out there. Table 1 on the second page gives you percentage of Ammoniacal Nitrogen to Total Nitrogen that one should use to maintain a stable substrate pH based on your water.

Isn't that the same nutrients and NPK ratio that the tech at premier suggested you use when we were both having problems with ph and pro mix?
The 8/12 N ratios is what was recommended, but farside said the 15-5-20 doesn't have the same ammoniacal to nitrate, so it wouldn't work to lower the pH. It's the type of nitrogen rather than the NPK ratio that matters for changing the pH of the substrate .
I'll throw this LINK out there. Table 1 on the second page gives you percentage of Ammoniacal Nitrogen to Total Nitrogen that one should use to maintain a stable substrate pH based on your water.
I will read that when I'm on a computer...too small on a phone!

I will read that when I'm on a computer...too small on a phone!
I think you've seen it before. It's part of the Bill Argo/Blackmore Company series, but the table is a great reference. Page 1, midway down the right column, is also the answer why the pH of your nute solution is meaningless, and why it's the type of Nitrogen that matters more.

If I were in possession of the 2 part, I'd probably weigh out 420g of Part A, 180g of Part B, put them in a little tupperware container, mix, and just feed that from start to finish. That would be like making up your own batch of the 1 part with higher S.
Sorry to jump in here randomly, just had a thought about this ^. I run Jacks 3-2-1 one which has the main nutes, calcium nitrate, and MgSO4. The directions state that you want to add Jacks, then MgSO4, and then calcium nitrate to the nutrient reservoir in that order to avoid precipitation. Haven't used MegaCrop myself, but I wonder if the change to 2 part was to reduce precipitate formation?

Sorry to jump in here randomly, just had a thought about this ^. I run Jacks 3-2-1 one which has the main nutes, calcium nitrate, and MgSO4. The directions state that you want to add Jacks, then MgSO4, and then calcium nitrate to the nutrient reservoir in that order to avoid precipitation. Haven't used MegaCrop myself, but I wonder if the change to 2 part was to reduce precipitate formation?

I haven't heard of any precipitate issues with the one part, although I don't run hydro.

so playing with their calculator i noticed by mistake if i add less of a it increases the N value? and if i add loads of A it reduces N ?

is that due to that strange math u listed about certain nutes cancelling others out as others increase?

that is confusing adding more makes less, off effect if i atlter calnit also,

meht my dose in my hydro tank is 4.2g p/g and 1.8

so in litres 200 thats 222.22 and 95.23

giving me
ElementPPMNPK Value
Total Nitrogen (N)129.12508.15
Nitrate Nitrogen (NO3-)124.3750
Ammonical Nitrogen (NH4+)4.7500
Phosphorous (P)64.63539.10
Potassium (K)240.870018.21
Magnesium (Mg)69.76354.40
Calcium (Ca)90.25005.69

week 4/5 flower under leds, do i need to be adding any boosters mkp or anything?

(my coco grow is off flower tomorow undr hps, but my hydro led room is week 5)

npk.png

so playing with their calculator i noticed by mistake if i add less of a it increases the N value? and if i add loads of A it reduces N ?

is that due to that strange math u listed about certain nutes cancelling others out as others increase?

that is confusing adding more makes less, off effect if i atlter calnit also,

meht my dose in my hydro tank is 4.2g p/g and 1.8

so in litres 200 thats 222.22 and 95.23

giving me
ElementPPMNPK Value
Total Nitrogen (N)129.12508.15
Nitrate Nitrogen (NO3-)124.3750
Ammonical Nitrogen (NH4+)4.7500
Phosphorous (P)64.63539.10
Potassium (K)240.870018.21
Magnesium (Mg)69.76354.40
Calcium (Ca)90.25005.69

week 4/5 flower under leds, do i need to be adding any boosters mkp or anything?

(my coco grow is off flower tomorow undr hps, but my hydro led room is week 5)

npk.png

There nothing really "strange" about it. It's the basic principles of ratios and percentages. No nutes are "canceling each other out".

Per my previous post, you don't need to add any other boosters, teas, supplements, etc. You're already at 2-1-4 just by following the manufacturer suggestions, which is a good ratio for cannabis. If you like adding 7 things and spending money on stuff you don't need, then just stick with Advanced Nutrients, but I thought your goal was to simplify things and save money.

There nothing really "strange" about it. It's the basic principles of ratios and percentages. No nutes are "canceling each other out".

Per my previous post, you don't need to add any other boosters, teas, supplements, etc. You're already at 2-1-4 just by following the manufacturer suggestions, which is a good ratio for cannabis. If you like adding 7 things and spending money on stuff you don't need, then just stick with Advanced Nutrients, but I thought your goal was to simplify things and save money.

Moneys no factor to me imo. Its a always welcomed change.
Simplicity yes not having to worry if i can get the boosters in lockdown awsome andbthe new price increase from 23 to 33 a litre after seeing whats in the bottles.
Over £80 a litre for budfac x and its 5%soluable potassium nitrate which costs 49 to make 200.
Im not making their individual range tho as its all included im told. I need to get used to this grow cauee i wana delv deeper and make them from raw salt myself make the mc myself but thats future.

My main goal is shifting off advanced synthetic fulvics and synth chelates
Evil why do organic boosters and a synth base. MC is clean i checked it out.

And my other main goal is to increase my yield my qualitys spot on and yields good. Bud i know i can do alot better

So i hope by simplifying things i will be able to tune it in learn the plants more and increase zips i get.

I didnt mind spendin 400quid to make 40ounce of grade a.
I just makinnsure im doing the best i can as id like to hit atleast 40zips again using this if its all good like everyones saying lol.

Ive always even with advanced added my teas and bennies. Side by side the trichome quality and numbers increases but flavour and the high. Plants i use my tea in i giv peeps a bud normal and fine my tead buds i got a friend say do u hav anything other than that.. I took offence till she said its too damn strong she had to call in sick and go home csuse she was zoning out in the clothes shop.

Its also prevented desease root rot strangely enough bud attacked 1 side of the tent but not a single leaf on my tea side. And the buds denser my yields also better. I sware by tea.
The mc krew seem to say it will be good i dropped them an email 30min replys lol

Fulvic.. Hell i use that its got somany benefits its crazy and seriously every farmer and grower should use them humics fulvics are depeleted in life duebto toxins and chemical pollutants their vital building blocks we wouldnt exist without. A symbolic bond from groud like fungi and hypae bacterias etc we need them wrre made from them. I healed autoimmune desease with them afyer being told i was fked and documented unforutantly cant link as my id will be given away... shit

Im trusting ya im just sceptical on 1 side of the brain ya knoe if its too good to be true it is..

This sounds like that after believeing big mike like bowing to him bow down.

Loks like fred flintstone lol
Left mc right advanced

Bigrooms led hydro all on mc now. I abused it as i didnt use any boosters advanced as a test and it fucking sucked asss. Its nor aly huuge by now and strong
Messed loads up not using boosters

20201128_010932.jpg

20201129_232454.jpg

Yesterday I harvested the Fruit Punch. 738g of wet trimmed bud. The one Northern committed suicide. Damnedest thing I've seen. I fed them back on Wednesday and gave them a big soak. On Friday night when I checked on the girls, the back right Northern was fried to a crisp. Leaves were so dry you'd think she hadn't been watered in 10 days. Pot was still about 1/2 the weight of when fully soaked. Trimmed up what was salvageable and put it in a bucket with some humipacks. All that remains is the other Northern. Started seeds for the next grow. Zkittlez and Gelato (Nirvana's versions).

Things are looking very nice in the 3x3. Triple Cheese in the rear, Purple Urkle in the front.

Back
Top Bottom