Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Yes I feed from day 1, but I'm in a soil-less mix that contains no nutritional value to the plants. I start feeding at about 20% of what my final strength will be and increase it by 20% per week unt I reach 100% around week 5.

You on the other hand are growing in soil that has some organic nutrients for the plants to feed on. I've never used any of the Fox Farms products but see it posted often that you don't have to feed with them for about a month.

Ahh yup.. the coco, forgot bout that.. feed them or they die :) I want to get just 1 simple soil grow done before i get tricky.. although i'm already itching for a second tent :(

Ahh yup.. the coco, forgot bout that.. feed them or they die :) I want to get just 1 simple soil grow done before i get tricky.. although i'm already itching for a second tent :(

From my record the best green crack I grew in terms of taste was grown in soil. But when I discovered coco and see how fast things develop in it I dropped soil and didn't look back. The plants do really grow at least 2x faster from what I could see

Day 14

The 2 week mark. No drinks today. Spent some time adding more data to my spreadsheet that's posted on page 1 in post 5. There's a data table for some of the more commonly used nutes in the Blended N-P-K tab so you don't have to go look up that info yourself. Use the the information for that tab and the Nitrogen Loading Calculator.

That's crazy.. will have to read up on how to do it..

Try it you won't look back! All the pot grows you may have wondering how come it develops that fast? You got the answer : coco!

Try it you won't look back! All the pot grows you may have wondering how come it develops that fast? You got the answer : coco!

I'm in the Pro-Mix camp, but either way, soil-less mixes and fertilizer. Frankly I think it's easier than guessing on when the Fox Farm soil is running low on nutes and how much and what to add. I like total control.

Curious, you know a good guide for going coco? I mean my seedlings are only like 1 week in soil.. i could switch if i wanted i'm sure :) And sorry to the OP, but my journal gets like ZERO views. so posting where i can get replies:)

Curious, you know a good guide for going coco? I mean my seedlings are only like 1 week in soil.. i could switch if i wanted i'm sure :) And sorry to the OP, but my journal gets like ZERO views. so posting where i can get replies:)

I don't have any but there are plenty on the net. But to resume it s like soil but allow more oxygen to the roots and if you have fabric pot it s impossible to overwater which is a wonderful thing. Coco also need less quantity to produce the same size of plants. The rule is around 1gal coco = 3 gal soil. That is why some members here have already grown beast even if 3 gal pots. Coco has no nuts which is a good thing cause you have more control on nuts. Often you don't really know how much nuts are in the soil so adding others can lead easily to burn. Coco pH range is around 5.8. Ph 5.5 for seedling. Veg ph 5-5 to 5.8. Then in flower 5.8 till 6 the last two weeks. But don't worry there are plenty of tutorials on Google

I don't have any but there are plenty on the net. But to resume it s like soil but allow more oxygen to the roots and if you have fabric pot it s impossible to overwater which is a wonderful thing. Coco also need less quantity to produce the same size of plants. The rule is around 1gal coco = 3 gal soil. That is why some members here have already grown beast even if 3 gal pots. Coco has no nuts which is a good thing cause you have more control on nuts. Often you don't really know how much nuts are in the soil so adding others can lead easily to burn. Coco pH range is around 5.8. Ph 5.5 for seedling. Veg ph 5-5 to 5.8. Then in flower 5.8 till 6 the last two weeks. But don't worry there are plenty of tutorials on Google

going through the prefectsun guys vids now.. i have used coco for shrooms in the past, just hate to do the wrong thing now.. will research a bit, thanks.

Day 20

They haven't seemed to mind being topped yesterday. They still look like they've grown overnight so I'm not worried about stunting them. The cold snap has the tent about 6 degrees cooler than I'd like but in a couple days that should turn around. Lux at plant tops is around 37,000. Fed them yesterday evening. 4 ml Foliage Pro, 4 ml Pro-Silicate, 4 ml Cal Mag, 4 ml Terpinator, 3.5 ml of pH Down to get to 6.2. Blended NPK was 2-2-3. May drop 1 ml of Terpinator next time to get the blended N-P-K to 3-2-3 which is my desired balance.

Day 21 - Three weeks in

Did a little tucking this AM to expose the bottom growth that's trying to become the new tops. This cold snap has it 64 in the tent with lights on. A couple more days and that shouldn't be as much of an issue as tempretures go back to a more reasonable level.

Day 22

They all got a half gallon of feed. 4ml Foliage Pro, 4ml Pro Silica, 4ml Cal Mag, 3ml Terminator, 3.5ml pH Down to a pH of 6.4. The temps in the tent are back up to 70 and will probably rise more as this cold front clears. So far so good. Trying to beat my previous best of 18.5oz in 7 sq/ft of tent. They're tracking in that direction.

Just took a trip thru your journal and I am impressed. You are doing a great job. I am a coco grower and I am growing with Kelp 4 less nutrients and 3 weeks into my grow growing under 300 watts of vero 29 cobs. I just pull up a seat here in the back and follow along

Day 25

Took these pre feed. May break out some pipe cleaners too. There's a picture of my Stink Bug friend that is living in my tent. I've taken him out 3 times now, and the next morning he's back basking in the LED. Haven't found evidence of him chewing on anything yet. When I do, he'll be evicted permanent like.

Back
Top Bottom