Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Great harvest report :thumb: and great harvest!

What size is the tent? I should just go back and see i suppose... oh yes, 3 x 3’ :thumb: same as mine #goals

I love your LED rig. How are your lights wired? It looks like you have sets of strips wired together in parallel and then those are wired in series to the driver. Is that even close? :D Curious how may diodes you have and how many watts you drive them to.

I start my seedlings around 20,000 lux. They'll get that for about the first 10-14 days from breaking ground. Early veg I'll up it to 30,000 (about week 3). Veg I keep it around 40,000, and Bloom I'll go 50,000. Was going up to 70,000 in later Bloom but I'm noticing light stress at that level. I think I'm gonna leave it at 50,000 this next grow. Really I don't think I'm moving my light too much until the stretch. The first couple increment (20k,30k,40k) the plants are just gaining height and increasing the level at the tops on their own. My node spacing is very tight, but I like it that way. I don't have that tall of a tent so the stockier the better.
Thanks for that too BTW :thumb: super helpful :nerd-with-glasses:

Great harvest report :thumb: and great harvest!

What size is the tent? I should just go back and see i suppose... oh yes, 3 x 3’ :thumb: same as mine #goals

I love your LED rig. How are your lights wired? It looks like you have sets of strips wired together in parallel and then those are wired in series to the driver. Is that even close? :D Curious how may diodes you have and how many watts you drive them to.

Thanks for that too BTW :thumb: super helpful :nerd-with-glasses:

My tent is 32"x32", so a bit smaller than a 3'x3'.

My light build is the Bridgelux LED strip build listed over at LED Gardner for a 3x3. Specs are:

System Specs:
Type: C.V./Parallel

Diode Count: 1680

System Voltage: 19.6V

System Current: 15,000mA

System Power: 294W

Lumen Estimate (3000K): 50,400

Efficacy: 171 lm/w

BXEB-560Z-3X3.png

We have lift off. The Triple Cheese and Peyote Critical are up. Transplanted their Jiffy Pellet into a Solo cup filled with Faux Mix©. Watered in with Week 1 (actually more like day 1-5) feed. 1g Mega Crop, 1ml Pro Tekt, 1ml Cal Mag. Had to put a string around the middle of the big Blue Dream to reign her in so the babies weren't sitting underneath her. Put the Solo cups up on a stack of pot trays to raise them up some more. Currently they are getting 12k lux.

New life! Do babies need more cal-mag and silica than they need what's in MC?

Hell, I don't know. :rofl:. What I do know is that 1) Mega says it has Silica in it, but it's under 1%. The Dyna Gro podcast towards the beginning of my thread has Silica as one of the most important elements for a cannabis plant, so I supplement more. 2) I've found that a 1:blushsmile:1 ratio of Mega to Pro-Tekt to Cal-Mag seems to put the pH of my tap water right on 6.5. I know we've batted around the whole "to pH or not to pH" nute solutions quite a bit in different threads. It gives me a level of comfort and there's nothing in there that's gonna hurt anything. I checked pH a grand total of 2x during my last grow and don't plan on taking out the pen at all this time using the 1:blushsmile:1 mixing method. 3). It worked last grow pretty damn good. Not fucking with success. :rofl:. Real scientific huh? That's kinda a departure for me.

Freaking killer man! How much was your light.

I have about $400 in it along with maybe 4 hours labor assembling all the parts. I could probably build it faster if I were to do another. I had the wrong type wire that slowed things down and required a run to the hardware for replacement wire. With more companies doing the "white light" thing, there are probably other options that are cheaper and don't require as much or any labor, but I do have a one of a kind that I can take pride in knowing I built. Works pretty good too.

Am I correct in thinking that it's the added N in the cal-mag that prevents the 0-0-4 in the Pro-Tekt from locking N out? Keeping the ratios in check (can u really get to 1-1-1 from 3-2-6?)

Sorry for any confusion. The 1:blushsmile:1 is not a NPK value. It's just if I use 1 part Mega, 1 part Pro Tekt, and 1 part Cal Mag, my pH of the solution magically comes out to 6.5. Two parts all 3 products, 6.5 pH, three parts each, 6.5 pH, and so on. They seem to play off each other in such a manor that with my tap, everything balances to that pH number. The blended NPK of a 1:blushsmile:1 mix of those 3 products is actually 4:winkyface:7. Clear as mud?

No, I get it! And the cal-mag nitrogen balances out the increase in potassium to prevent lockout.

That too. From previous research, over 3:1 ratio of K to N can cause Calcium lockout. With the N in Cal Mag being Equal to the K in a Silica supplement, all stays balanced so the K doesn't run away and mess things up.

Here's how I plan to feed the girls this go around. This is basically what I did with the last grow. Simple effective and cheap, three things I'm looking for in a nute regiment.

More baby pictures. I elevated them up on another pot so that I could get them up to 20,000+ lux. They're a little stretchier than my norm since the big girl is keeping the light farther away. Big Blue is ready to harvest but I may not be able to get to her till Saturday. She's not showing any Amber, just mainly all cloudy. The extra couple days probably won't hurt it.

IMG_20190703_073401.jpg

For shits and gigs I broke out the pH meter and ppm pen to check my feed. My 1:blushsmile:1 ratio of Mega Crop to Pro Tekt to Cal Mag came out at 6.6 pH and my estimated ppm of 348 for day 1-5 calculated from my spreadsheet was off by a whopping 3 ppm (351 actual). So all is right in range.

Back
Top Bottom