Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

I found this from farside back in July:
I know we've batted around the whole "to pH or not to pH" nute solutions quite a bit in different threads. It gives me a level of comfort and there's nothing in there that's gonna hurt anything. I checked pH a grand total of 2x during my last grow and don't plan on taking out the pen at all this time using the 1:blushsmile:1 mixing method. 3). It worked last grow pretty damn good. Not fucking with success.

We're both in some official or unofficial version of ProMix HP, so as far as I know, neither of us pH our nutes.

That's reassuring as I too am migrating into Faux Mix, cept I am trying to emulate the brix soil which if successful I think will logically be named Faux Brix, lol. But if it don't work out, I know I can double back to making MC and pour it into the FM soil and kill it like y'all are doing!

@InTheShed Thanks for answering some questions in my absence. I was training at work and I can't lurk the site all night, like usual, when I've got a trainee over my shoulder. Then I just got back from a weeks vacation in Mexico. I'll be training for a couple more weeks upon my return to work.

Later today I'll harvest out the current Triple Cheese and Peyote Critical. Then I'll drop the next round's Purple Urkle in some Jiffy plugs. I'm planning on 4 plants and veg a shorter amount of time. My yield looks to have dropped substantially going the 2 plant, longer veg route I tried this time. I'll shoot some pics. Also get to try out the he new bowl trimmer.

Overall I was very dissatisfied with the Triple Cheese. Plant was small and so we're the buds. We'll see what the final weights are here in several more days. Now watch, I'll like the effects and be forced to grow it again. I did drop the Purple Urkle beans yesterday after the harvest. I love the Vivosun Bowl Trimmer my son got me for my birthday. It cut down on harvest time quite a bit. I know I trimmed a lot of smaller stuff I'd probably have thrown away before because of being to lazy to trim it by hand.

Harvest pics

Foxtailing like crazy and pretty too! Sorry that you're a dissatisfied customer so far, but maybe there's a payoff when it's cured :).

No after pics?

No after pics. Normally I trim in the spare bedroom since I grow in it's closet, but since we have one of my son's friends living with us and he stays in that room now, I trimmed on the back deck. Helped cut down on the smell in the house, which was a plus. That and I cut the buds off the branches to run through the bowl trimmer. When I hand trim I leave them on the branches and hang them, I ended up with just a pile of buds I put in brown paper bags. It wasn't real interesting to look at or photograph. I have the bottoms of 8 paper bags covered with buds.

Did someone say they dropped the Purple Urkle beans! :snowboating:

URKEL.jpg

Did someone say they dropped the Purple Urkle beans! :snowboating:

URKEL.jpg

Yes sir. Actually when I opened the vial that was supposed to be 5 beans, there were 6 in there. Bonus! Nothing has poked it's head up out of the jiffy pellets yet.

Correction to the previous yield statement being the bottom of 8 paper grocery bags covered. I had my assistant doing that part do I just guessed. In reality it's the bottoms of 11 bags. So far I'm not seeing that much shrinkage while drying, which is good.

My son and his friend that lives with us got into the Triple Cheese and Peyote Critical tonight. Found some small buds that were dry enough to smoke. Even pre-cure they are giving both thumbs up.

Two Urkles up, one showing signs of life, waiting on #4.

While I was out today I picked up some fixins' for a batch of Faux-Mix HP® for these girls to reside in. I found some more Espoma Garden Lime in the garage, so all I needed was some Perlite and Peat Moss.

The 3rd is fully up and the 4th is now showing activity. I love it when they all germinate.

So I was asking our live in for a early review of the Peyote Critical last night. At the beginning of his high he was saying how great it was, mainly a head high and very spacey. I was actually looking for more of a body high myself. When I checked in with him later he said "It's like getting poked in the ass while Satan sits over in the corner watching". I'm not sure what that means. Then I said "But you were saying how great it was. Does that mean you like getting poked while Satan watches?". I never really got a response. LoL. Some of the terminology the younger generation uses I just don't get.

I made it through most of your thread and really enjoyed it. There is great information and conversation in here and I really like how you challenge the standard norms of growing and experiment outside the box. I'm like that as well, thanks for putting the time in on this log!

I'm on my first indoor grow right now in Promix HP Mycorrizae with 4 plants from jiffy cubes as well in a 3x3 tent. I'm using the GH basic trio line of nutes myself. On week 2 now and I can't believe how fast yours grow! I just started a low dose of nutrients but I like your way of going straight for the final pot and supplementing nutrients right out the gate, very simplistic.

You've also got me interested in an LED build, I like the spread you have on yours and the cost is likely on point. Going to delve into some plans myself via the links in this thread.

I made it through most of your thread and really enjoyed it. There is great information and conversation in here and I really like how you challenge the standard norms of growing and experiment outside the box. I'm like that as well, thanks for putting the time in on this log!

I'm on my first indoor grow right now in Promix HP Mycorrizae with 4 plants from jiffy cubes as well in a 3x3 tent. I'm using the GH basic trio line of nutes myself. On week 2 now and I can't believe how fast yours grow! I just started a low dose of nutrients but I like your way of going straight for the final pot and supplementing nutrients right out the gate, very simplistic.

Welcome DeeCee112! Glad you found
some of the information helpful.

Harvest Results

The Peyote Critical yielded right a 9oz dried.

Triple Cheese was right at 6oz dried.

So 15oz for the grow. Meh. I don't think my expirement of 2 plants, quad-lining, and vegging longer, went very well. I'm going back to my quasi seed of green approach of 4 plants in my space, topping and bowl training, and shorter veg time. My yield seems better using it. I did sample the Triple Cheese this AM. It was a great combo of head and body. Similar to the Blue Dream I enjoy only more intense on both levels. It's pretty damn strong!

For shitz-n-gigglez, I loaed up my targets for Megacrop w/Calmag (5 each), targeted Fe to 2.2, but used the GenHydro 3 part as the solutions to be used and it cam pretty close.

MC from GH.JPG

For shitz-n-gigglez, I loaed up my targets for Megacrop w/Calmag (5 each), targeted Fe to 2.2, but used the GenHydro 3 part as the solutions to be used and it cam pretty close.

MC from GH.JPG

How does that dosage compare to the suggestions of GH? And I'm pretty sure GH does the whole Grow vs Bloom mix where Mega remains consistent through the entire grow.

Cut and Paste from a another thread where I posted a more in-depth review of the pre-cured Triple Cheese.

I harvested my Triple Cheese Sunday and I jarred it yesterday. It was a smaller plant and the colas weren't huge. Dry weight was 6oz. Gave an uncured bud a test run in the Perfect Pipe. During the grow it smelled like lemon bars/squares. It is still maintaining that profile so far. Not a real cheese smell. I'm guessing it's high in limoline given the lemony smell. Not too surprisingly in that case, the effect is similar to my Blue Dream from Fastbuds that is also supposed to be high in that terp. It's a mix of head and body. While up and moving I was functional but the headiness made me overly aware of the amount I was chewing on some Doritos. It also gave me several instances of deja vu. Once I laid down a heavy relaxed feeling came over me. Laying on my side with a pillow between my legs, my lower half melted together. I dub this the Mermaid/Merman effect and I find it quite desirable. My arms were heavy and took a slight bit of concentration to lift it off the bed. The son and I agreed that it's like my Blue Dream only on steroids. The effect is more intense for the same quantity smoked. I'll have to run some though the Arizer when it gets cured to see how much of the lemon bar flavor comes through. For me, most smoked weed tastes the same while vaping brings out the different flavors. Maybe it's the years of cancer sticks or maybe the fact I have nasal issues.

Cut and Paste from a another thread where I posted a more in-depth review of the pre-cured Triple Cheese.

I harvested my Triple Cheese Sunday and I jarred it yesterday. It was a smaller plant and the colas weren't huge. Dry weight was 6oz. Gave an uncured bud a test run in the Perfect Pipe. During the grow it smelled like lemon bars/squares. It is still maintaining that profile so far. Not a real cheese smell. I'm guessing it's high in limoline given the lemony smell. Not too surprisingly in that case, the effect is similar to my Blue Dream from Fastbuds that is also supposed to be high in that terp. It's a mix of head and body. While up and moving I was functional but the headiness made me overly aware of the amount I was chewing on some Doritos. It also gave me several instances of deja vu. Once I laid down a heavy relaxed feeling came over me. Laying on my side with a pillow between my legs, my lower half melted together. I dub this the Mermaid/Merman effect and I find it quite desirable. My arms were heavy and took a slight bit of concentration to lift it off the bed. The son and I agreed that it's like my Blue Dream only on steroids. The effect is more intense for the same quantity smoked. I'll have to run some though the Arizer when it gets cured to see how much of the lemon bar flavor comes through. For me, most smoked weed tastes the same while vaping brings out the different flavors. Maybe it's the years of cancer sticks or maybe the fact I have nasal issues.
Pack me a bowl that sounds awesome :laugh:

Pack me a bowl that sounds awesome :laugh:

For the most part I have retired my bong and bowl in favor of the @PerfectPipe , When used correctly it produces a flavor half way between smoking and vaping, is easier on the lungs, and it will make your jaw drop on how much less weed you use. It easily pays for itself in no time. OK, i'm not "paying" for weed, but you get the drift. With the size and filter, for cigarette smokers, using it comes very natural. Get just enough flame on it to get it started then get the flame out of the mix. If you need to re-spark it for the next hit, repeat the process. I bet I use a quarter of the bud I used to. I keep trying to migrate my sons friends that want to come over and pack ping pong ball sized bowls. I might just have to make it a rule. Perfect Pipe or you're smoking your own. I hate seeing quality weed wasted.

PS - This was not a paid endorsement. I won my pipe via POTM but have since bought refills and have sent a pipe set as a gift. The recipient of the gift likes it too.

Back
Top Bottom