Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

So would that be the 2-0-0 then? Cause the cal-mag i got says 1-0-0. So jus wondering if i went tht rout would it mess things up for me or can i use that CalMag mixup as well? Jus wondering cause im gettn kinda low on calmag an guna need to get some prolly in the next month or so. So figured id ask an find out about it lol.

Yes it 2-0-0. That's what I use with the Faux Mix®, Mega Crop, and Faux-Tekt®. All of my regular calculations are based on that 2%.

Learn to use HydroBuddy as it will enable the user to crunch the numbers and compare. This is how I was able to make my own Megacrop from my salts collection. I input the Megacrop numbers into HB, then loaded it, set the weight to 5 grams, loaded the Greenway and set it to 5 grams, set the solution to 1 gallon and compute. HB then tells me the 5g MC with 5g Greenway elemental ppm for each element. I can then create a profile to store all of those ppm values, then swap out the MC and Greenway with my salts and the MC profile and it computes to tell me how much of each salt I need to mix to make my own MC. I don't mean to imply that you must use HB as I know there Excel spreadsheets actually work better for those that know how to create them, but I do wish to emphasize that using a nutrient calculator really empowers me (the user) to quickly figure out what can be moved around or changed to achieve my goals.

This would be most helpful for determining how much 1-0-0 would be needed to resolve the MC with the 2-0-0, or if other CalMag products were to be considered. It's all made from the same stuff and all can be used, you just need to make some tweaks.

Hydro Buddy is very powerful but I do believe they could have made it a hell of a lot easier to use. Some of the steps seem awfull convoluted and I'm pretty good with a computer and numbers. I'd say the average person has little chance operating it and will give up in five minutes. Most people building their own nutes are probably not average though, so maybe it fits the demographic. Add in the fact that I'm on a secure computer system at work, and do lots of number crunching there, where I can't install Hydro Buddy, and I wasn't left with much choice than to build my own spreadsheet. Granted it doesn't go to the lengths of telling me how much of each salt to mix to build my own fertilizer, but it can at least give me an elemental breakdown by ppm of an existing product or mix of products. That's all I was shooting for anyhow. I think it took me 2.5 hours to build. Less for the guts but I had to pretty it up some to match my other calculators...lol

Hydro Buddy is very powerful but I do believe they could have made it a hell of a lot easier to use. Some of the steps seem awfull convoluted and I'm pretty good with a computer and numbers. I'd say the average person has little chance operating it and will give up in five minutes. Most people building their own nutes are probably not average though, so maybe it fits the demographic. Add in the fact that I'm on a secure computer system at work, and do lots of number crunching there, where I can't install Hydro Buddy, and I wasn't left with much choice than to build my own spreadsheet. Granted it doesn't go to the lengths of telling me how much of each salt to mix to build my own fertilizer, but it can at least give me an elemental breakdown by ppm of an existing product or mix of products. That's all I was shooting for anyhow. I think it took me 2.5 hours to build. Less for the guts but I had to pretty it up some to match my other calculators...lol

I was actually using your success as the model for me to copy, so my suggestion to use Hydro Buddy or a spreadsheet was mostly aimed at others, so that we can achieve the feeds that you give your girls on account of how successful you are with your regimen. That aside though, I do agree that Hydro Buddy has a lot of inconsistencies or shortcomings. I for one hate that nitrate and ammonia are separated in the Results tab, plus also hate that K is listed before P and Mg before Ca in the Results tab. I also hate that there are only 6 micro elements. Still though, the app is free and it was designed by a guy that is well versed in chemistry and nutrient mixing, and his site (scienceinhydroponics) has a plethora of blog entries that will open the reader to some next level info. I also agree that learning the app is a pain in the junk and it took me about 2 years to wrap my brain around it, but because I eventually did figure it out, I created a tutorial thread linked to my sig to help others bridge that confusing gap.

@Skybound Mad props for the use of the word plethora in a sentence. I've loved that word since the movie Three Amigos. At that time I was like Jefe and didn't know what the word meant and had to go look it up.

@Skybound Mad props for the use of the word plethora in a sentence. I've loved that word since the movie Three Amigos. At that time I was like Jefe and didn't know what the word meant and had to go look it up.

Damn, I love that movie, but can't remember it being used. So now I gotta comb the interwebs for that flick. FWIW, my favorite quote from that movie was "senor Dusty, may I have your watch when you are dead?"

Damn, I love that movie, but can't remember it being used. So now I gotta comb the interwebs for that flick. FWIW, my favorite quote from that movie was "senor Dusty, may I have your watch when you are dead?"

Try about the 1h03m mark. I had to turn it on after the comment.

El Guapo!

Steve Martin and Martin Short were on Jimmy Fallon about a year or so ago, and for their "entrance" music the Roots played My Little Buttercup. It was funny as shit. I was rollin.

El Guapo!

Steve Martin and Martin Short were on Jimmy Fallon about a year or so ago, and for their "entrance" music the Roots played My Little Buttercup. It was funny as shit. I was rollin.

I sing a parody of that song to my dog a lot... My little Coco Pup, sings the sweetest songsssss ....

My little coco pup (choc lab) doesn't sing sweet songs, that's for sure. lol

More like no sound... then run for your life! :laugh:

My little coco pup (choc lab) doesn't sing sweet songs, that's for sure. lol

More like no sound... then run for your life! :laugh:

My choc lab is mixed with American Bulldog, so he's anything but little.

Just gazing over here.. :Namaste:

555.jpg

Day 78, Day 43 from flip

Tent Chicken has done a good job managing the humidity. Can't wait till I get Joe Meteorite charged up with moonlight. Then things should really take off. Played with the cell phone lens kit again.

Man once that charged meteorite gets in there ....its game over.

The weather has been overcast. Wonder if I can charge it with the "moon lamp" my daughter bought my wife for Christmas.

What if you placed it to the south of you, while facing north, and dropped trou? Would that count, or nah?

many of us men folk, when saying the word plethora, subconsciously picture a feminine mystery of sorts, or the thought of a woman. it means we are deprived, and probably work graveyard. Far?

Back
Top Bottom