Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

I need to start the next round in the AM. I'm headed to the store when I get off work at 6:45. Need some more Jiffy pellets. Contemplating making my own Pro-Mix HP (Peat Moss, Perlite, Dolomite lime) rather than buying a bag. Saves a little cash, but mainly for the expirement. I'll be dropping some Blue Dreams and Girl Scout Cookies and feeding Mega Crop this next run.

Excited to see how your girls do with mega crop.✌

Do I do a comparison? Dyna Gro vs Mega Crop, or just dive in head first? Originally I was leaning comparison, but now I'm thinking of full committal. I'm skeptical on using the reconstituted liquid I made from the Mega. Not fond of the sediment that builds up in the bottom of the jar. Gonna be a battle to use the powder and not go all anal with the scale. Just scoop and go or there's no real time savings.

Congrats on the Cookie harvest! Did you get closer to what you thought you would?
Do I do a comparison? Dyna Gro vs Mega Crop, or just dive in head first?
Comparisons are tough with seeds. With clones...no question do a comparison.
go all anal with the scale
That's the issue I'm having. A teaspoon is easy, 5ml is easy. 5.4 grams is a lot of adding and taking away. And the longer the bag is open the longer I have to smell it!

It's hard to compare one nute line to a previous one if you change mediums as well, no?

Congrats on the Cookie harvest! Did you get closer to what you thought you would?

Comparisons are tough with seeds. With clones...no question do a comparison.

That's the issue I'm having. A teaspoon is easy, 5ml is easy. 5.4 grams is a lot of adding and taking away. And the longer the bag is open the longer I have to smell it!

It's hard to compare one nute line to a previous one if you change mediums as well, no?

Yes, seeds are tougher to compare than a clone, and a possible media change, plus this time of year my environment is a little better than this last grow (warmer). So many variables. I need a lab.

@InTheShed I fired off that last reply on the way out to lunch, so it was short.

I think yield should be in the ball park. I don't weigh wet so it'll be maybe a week before I get exact numbers.

As far as the possible homemade Pro-Mix HP, I've always used BX because it's what my local hardware sells. So if I were to make my own, it would be a lighter mix than I'm used to. The difference between BX and HP is that there's less perlite in BX, and BX has vermiculite that HP does not. I could make BX but it would be one more product to buy and would increase my up front cost. In theory, lighter should be better for easier root development. It will mean I have to water more frequently, which for me being a lazy grower, is less than ideal.

I definitely water my HP more than my soil and I add perlite to my soil too! BX isn't available around here. I'm using (and reusing) ProMix HP now. I have an email to my guy at ProMix about rinsing and reusing. I'll post his reply and try not to start any arguments this time ;).

:rofl:

Some people just want to kill the messenger. You were just passing along what dude replied.

I would think over time that you'd burn out all the lime that they add to balance it and it would need a recharge. I'm looking at the Espoma Garden Lime (peletized dolomite lime) available at most big box home stores. 6.75 lbs and it's about $5. Last night I spent searching how much to add. Seems around 2 tablespoons per gallon is in the ball park. The extra Calcium and Magnesium can't be harmful for our babies either.

Let the games begin. Next run went into Jiffy pellets. These seem a bit different than the last ones I had. They hydrated easier and have a different mesh on them to hold em together. I bought some peat, lime and perlite, so the build your own soil-less mix expirement will be happening. Also a shot of some hanging bud. It goes back a ways along side the tent so it's hard to see it all. Plus I have the 11 grocery bag bottoms.

IMG_20190401_082004.jpg
IMG_20190401_082054.jpg
IMG_20190401_081925.jpg
IMG_20190401_082100.jpg

Be a fun little experiment with making your own soilless medium, who knows it may do better than buying right out of bag lol✌

Right I love playing in my dirt hahaha. Speaking of playing in the dirt I'm actually in the middle of mixxing up my hibrix soil for a second run but needed a break from all the harvesting mixing soil and plus up potting the other girls I figured i was do a break an what better to do then answer 420mag posts lol. Well hopefully that lil experiment works out for u FS good luck now I'm off to finish up mixxing one last kits worth of this dam hibrix soil then guna pass out haha.

Some weights in for the Gorilla Glues:

194.3 grams (6.85oz) of smokable bud. 64.5g (2.28oz) of bud for edibles. Grand total, 258.8g (9.13oz). More than I expected. Since I'm thinking the Cookies will be even more weight than the Glues, I have a shot at breaking 20oz in 7 sq/ft. Pretty damn happy right now.

Some weights in for the Gorilla Glues:

194.3 grams (6.85oz) of smokable bud. 64.5g (2.28oz) of bud for edibles. Grand total, 258.8g (9.13oz). More than I expected. Since I'm thinking the Cookies will be even more weight than the Glues, I have a shot at breaking 20oz in 7 sq/ft. Pretty damn happy right now.

Man I would love a wall of jars like that from floor to ceiling lol. Congrats tho brother that was pretty good harvest.

Back
Top Bottom