Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

I just got out the jewelers loupe and had a close up look at the GSC that only had cotyledons. It looks like her stem is hollow. You can look right down into it and no true leaves in sight. She got culled and a new GSC went straight into the Faux Mix.

All okay by you?
:peace:

I was on day shift in training classes all last week for recertification. It messed up my normal routine. Just logged in and am working on catching up. I'll have an update here soon.

Day 10

This grow has gotten off to a rocky start. First I had cotyledon girl that had no true leaves and a hollow stem. She got called for a second GSC. I wasn't seeing any activity so I prodded around. Found a stem with no cotyledons at all. It's a goner too. The one GSC that is up is growing irregularly. She has 2 single fingers and the top looks like it already topped itself. I'll let her keep going. To replace the empty pot that the other 2 GSC's failed in, I dropped a Auto Northern Lights from Pyramid Seeds today. I'm kind of getting backed up against a wall since harvest date is getting closer to my vacation time. That is IF we leave town. Surgery girl is plotting along. Seems only slightly delayed. The only girl that has been a non-issue is the bigger Blue Dream'matic. They are all getting fed 2g of Mega Crop (1/4 tsp) and 2ml of silica supplement.

I guess it happens. Just sucks when it happens to you. Sometimes I wonder about seeds you get for free with your order. I ordered some GSC's and got a bunch more as freebies. Last grow, no issue. This grow, all three I've tried were funky with only 1 survivor.

Hard to believe there's someone in a warehouse sorting all the freebie seeds from the paid seeds!

True, but they were in separate packs with freebie stickers on the envelope. Not sure if Fastbuds stickered them up or if the retailer did. I gotta find something to blame because it couldn't possibly be me :rofl:

Looking good Farside, don’t feel bad about the streak of bad luck. I started 3 blackberry (2 in coco and 1 dwc) and they all started throwing pistil at about day 13 or 14. I’ve grown quite a few autos (20 or more) and these are the first three to ever do me that way. I’ve seen a lot of them stunt like that but this is first time it’s ever happened to me. I got a sponsored grow coming up with Dr. Seeds so I’m gonna just pull the blackberries and once seeds arrive I will start vegging them in a big toat dwc. I will be running Gorilla Glue#4 and Do-SI-DOS, both incredibly potent strains so it should be fun.✌

Looking good Farside, don’t feel bad about the streak of bad luck. I started 3 blackberry (2 in coco and 1 dwc) and they all started throwing pistil at about day 13 or 14. I’ve grown quit a few autos (20 or more) and these are the first three to ever do me that way. I’ve seen a lot of them stunt like that but this is first time it’s ever happened to me. I got a sponsored grow coming up with Dr. Seeds so I’m gonna just pull the blackberries and once seeds arrive I will start vegging them in a big toat dwc. I will be running Gorilla Glue#4 and Do-SI-DOS, both incredibly potent strains so it should be fun.✌

Look forward to the journal.

I will drop you the link when I get everything started. How did you like the gorilla glue auto you grew? Is it as potent as their Blue Dream?✌

I really haven't gotten into the Glue yet. Fastbuds claims it's their strongest strain, by a couple percentage points but I know that Blue Dream will lay me to waste. Good flavor too. Probably my favorite of everything I've grown over the last 3.5 years. The Girl Scout Cookies I've turned some lower bud into gummies and they are getting good reviews so far. Stronger than the last ones I've made with Northern Lights. I haven't smoked the GSC yet but did put some through my Arizer vape. Mild, slightly sweet flavor. Leafly says sweet and earthy, I can see that. Wife says it has a slightly minty smell. Im not picking that up in smell or flavor. We'll see how it cures out.

Day 12

Lowered the lights so that they are providing 35k lux. They are still on week 2 feed of 2g Mega Crop, 2ml Pro Silicate. PH comes out at 6.5 with my tap and I don't adjust it any from there. Saturday they will get moved to week 3 feed, 3g Mega Crop, 3ml Pro Silicate. The Northern seed hasn't poked out yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Whatever that GSC is doing it's doing it very close to the soil!

The GSC's from the last run hugged the ground too. They actually got a little nute burn on their bottom leaves from laying on the ground. I backed off on the lights more this time in hopes for a little more stretch. The Blue's stretched a bit more but the GSC is staying squatty. It's almost as if she topped herself after the first node. I doubt I will top her later. Just let her run her course and LST as needed.

Pajama day at work for National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week. Rocking lounge pants and moose slippers.

IMG_20190418_005049.jpg

Back
Top Bottom