Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Got home this AM and the girls looked like they enjoyed the greater light intensity. Noticable growth. Fed them all about 80oz of week 2 feed. That will probably hold them till Saturday AM when I'll bump them up to week 3 feed and pour a bunch of water at them to rehydrate the entire pot. I'm loosening up on being so anal with the weighing of the Mega Crop. Scoop out my desired amount (currently 1/4 tsp) and go. Don't bother to see how many chunks are in the scoop. I've managed that strategy last two waterings which makes it easy. Letting go of the reigns is the hard part.

I really haven't gotten into the Glue yet. Fastbuds claims it's their strongest strain, by a couple percentage points but I know that Blue Dream will lay me to waste. Good flavor too. Probably my favorite of everything I've grown over the last 3.5 years. The Girl Scout Cookies I've turned some lower bud into gummies and they are getting good reviews so far. Stronger than the last ones I've made with Northern Lights. I haven't smoked the GSC yet but did put some through my Arizer vape. Mild, slightly sweet flavor. Leafly says sweet and earthy, I can see that. Wife says it has a slightly minty smell. Im not picking that up in smell or flavor. We'll see how it cures out.
That FastBuds GGa is the stankiest herb I've ever grown. That was some stout bud. I'd love to grow it again, I didn't yield much the first time.
:thumb:

That FastBuds GGa is the stankiest herb I've ever grown. That was some stout bud. I'd love to grow it again, I didn't yield much the first time.
:thumb:

My wife would probably agree on the smell. She'd say "I don't know what you're growing this time, but it's the stinkiest that you've ever grown.". You definitely knew there was weed growing in the house the moment you walked in. My smeller isn't the best after using nasal spray a half dozen times a day for 30+ years. I had nasal surgery that helped quite a bit but I still use the stuff, just not nearly as much as before. That's why I'm not the greatest when it comes to strain reviews.

Man alive you can’t get a 4 plant in that tent can you lol. I hate having germination trouble, the Blue Dreams are rockin looks like. 3 out of 4 of my northern light autos are getting huge and the 4th one ain’t to shabby. I think the 3 biggest will be as big or bigger than my Blue Dream’matic and Brooklyn’s that I ran in the comparative and that’s saying a lot.✌️

Man alive you can’t get a 4 plant in that tent can you lol. I hate having germination trouble, the Blue Dreams are rockin looks like. 3 out of 4 of my northern light autos are getting huge and the 4th one ain’t to shabby. I think the 3 biggest will be as big or bigger than my Blue Dream’matic and Brooklyn’s that I ran in the comparative and that’s saying a lot.✌

That is saying a lot because they were in full blown beast mode.

I'm still not seeing anything on that Northern. If she ain't up in a couple days then just the 3 it will be.

Day 14

The girls that are up are doing good. So far the Faux Mix® and Mega Crop are doing fine, but it's still early. Last couple grows I've topped at day 19. These look slightly ahead and I can't see them going that long before I take the razor to them. Probably more like day 16.

IMG_20190419_215400.jpg
IMG_20190419_215405.jpg
IMG_20190419_215409.jpg
IMG_20190419_215412.jpg

Them Blue Dream’matics are on fire, I’m excited to see how they turn out.✌

Same. It's a new nute program for me after years of Dyna Gro. Interested to see the difference if any.

I’ve noticed a lot of people are going to Mega Crop nutes. ✌

Seems the new fashionable thing. During the comparitive grow, a lot of people were making the switch to Dyna. Now there's a handful of us playing with Mega Crop. I haven't seen too many harvests from it, but it is simple and cost effective if it proves to be a good product.

Day 18

The bigger Blue Dream got topped on day 16, the smaller on day 17. The GSC I won't top. I need to take a photo of her main stem. It produced two tops right from the start so it forks immediately after it comes out of the ground. Looks pretty cool. The small of the two BD's looks a bit droopier than I'd like. Hopefully that's just a reaction to yesterday's topping and it will perk back up.

Day 19

The smaller Blue Dream is perking back up some after getting sad from being topped.

Here's the cool photo of the Girl Scout Cookies. You can still see the cotyledon and it splits to a double immediately after it.

I applied some restraints to her to pull the two mains apart. She sure is low.

I started bowl training the bigger Blue Dream.

The group shot. There's nothing in the back left pot. The Northern Lights was a no go. I dug the seed out of the Jiffy pellet since it wasn't going anywhere. It looked like it was barely cracked. I put it between some moist paper towels. It split open a bit more but no tail ever came out. I squeezed it this am and it was just a bit of white goo about the consistency of a popped pimple.

Nice healthy growth! Have to say that empty pot is bugging me though :).

Right now its there as a matter of convenience. I can dump any runoff from the other pot's drip trays into the empty one and not have to carry them to the bathroom to dispose of the extra water. As the plants get bigger I will remove it for the extra space.

Back
Top Bottom