Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

For the most part I have retired my bong and bowl in favor of the @PerfectPipe , When used correctly it produces a flavor half way between smoking and vaping, is easier on the lungs, and it will make your jaw drop on how much less weed you use. It easily pays for itself in no time. OK, i'm not "paying" for weed, but you get the drift. With the size and filter, for cigarette smokers, using it comes very natural. Get just enough flame on it to get it started then get the flame out of the mix. If you need to re-spark it for the next hit, repeat the process. I bet I use a quarter of the bud I used to. I keep trying to migrate my sons friends that want to come over and pack ping pong ball sized bowls. I might just have to make it a rule. Perfect Pipe or you're smoking your own. I hate seeing quality weed wasted.

PS - This was not a paid endorsement. I won my pipe via POTM but have since bought refills and have sent a pipe set as a gift. The recipient of the gift likes it too.
I'll have to take a look and see if they're available where I am. I use a dry herb vaporizer sometimes but find I actually use more. To be honest I don't pack the bong bowls usually. I do 5 smaller ones. Hold it in until nothing comes out. See all these videos online of people doing massive hits but blowing all the smoke straight out instantly. Hold that shit in. Ha ha. Such a waste.

How does that dosage compare to the suggestions of GH? And I'm pretty sure GH does the whole Grow vs Bloom mix where Mega remains consistent through the entire grow.

Yeah, GH has a lot of movement in their regimen. The pic on last page was if you wanted to use GH to mix up Megacrop Vegan w/Calmag added. Here is GH 3part - DTW - Late Veg and Mid Bloom. There are others, but these convey the overall shift. Back when I used GH, I always had Ca problems, and now I see why.

GH 3 Part Late Veg.JPGGH 3 Part Mid Bloom.JPG

Spent 3 hours in the tent this AM. Put the fan/filter back in it's original configuration, cleaned everything out, made some Faux Mix® and transplanted and he babies into their final pots. Watered them in with 32oz of 1g Mega, 1ml Cal Mag, and 1ml Pro-Tekt. Set the light from kill to stun (15-20k lux).

Man those Geopots are getting funky. :morenutes:

Man those Geopots are getting funky. :morenutes:

It's probably time to replace them. I think this is like grow #5. They still hold dirt, it's only aesthetics. I have ten 10 gallon geo pots that I've won but have no use for since they are too big for my space. Guess I should have asked if they would swap out for 5 gallons before they shipped them.

It's probably time to replace them. I think this is like grow #5. They still hold dirt, it's only aesthetics. I have ten 10 gallon geo pots that I've won but have no use for since they are too big for my space. Guess I should have asked if they would swap out for 5 gallons before they shipped them.

Badges of Honor from a view wars. ;)

Few*
stupid auto spell!

I know what you mean. My phone is horrible and inserting completely different words. I was "gotchya'd" on one of my posts above but didn't notice it until the EDIT time ran out. "Everyone seems to be liked my their new home " should have been "Everyone seems to like their new home". Technology is a blessing and a curse.

Hey Farside! I thought I was following here but my notifications haven’t gone off for a while so I had to do some catching up! CongratZ on the harvest the smoke report sounds yummy! Hope all is well in your world!

Came home and the boys are on a wake and bake mission with the Triple Cheese and Peyote Critical. The food combos they come up with are odd. Honey buns, fried rice, left over Taco Bell, apple juice, chocolate pudding snack packs, and a mojito. It sets my GeRD off just thinking about it.

Did you nute on the previous water, or was just plain water?

Did you nute on the previous water, or was just plain water?

I start them at 1g Mega Crop, 1ml Pro-Tekt, 1ml Cal-Mag from birth. I increase them in equal proportions every 5-7 days thereafter. Its been a while since I put up my feed schedule, so for those that more recently joined this thread. The chart shows 5 day progressions, which is as fast as I'll move them.

Normally I'd wait for farside to respond, but since he hasn't had time to get here for a while, I think that he's fine with the sulfur content of the MC. This is why he decided against Terpinator and went with ProTekt. That adds silica (which he wants more of than MC provides) along with the K rather than the sulfur Terp provides.
good information - got a sample of Purpunator coming (go to site a request a free sample of) the big difference between the two is that Purpinator is natural as with terpiniator has heavy metals and arcenic in it

Hi Farside05.
Good info.
I have a Lux App on my android phone that I use. Amazon play store. :)
I have one too, and I find it works pretty dern good.

The lux apps I tried before I bought my meter weren't that great. That or it could have been my old phones sensors. I haven't downloaded an app on my latest phone to compare to my meter. The lux meters aren't all that expensive if one decides to have a dedicated piece of equipment. Either way, it's better than just arbitrarily picking a height or dimmer setting.

Interesting reading on light meters vs phone light meter apps. Although it does get fairly technical, it's less technical than a similar article I found but didn't link.

DON’T ‘PHONE IT IN’: WHY SMARTPHONES ARE POOR SUBSTITUTES FOR LIGHT METERS

I guess if one wants to play devil's advocate...How do you know the light meter app on your phone is accurate if you don't have an actual light meter to compare it to? Conversely, having a light meter app on your phone gives you a general idea, and that's better than having no information at all.

Back
Top Bottom