Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

I miss the Trip Cheese I had. Big ass donkey dicks, super sweet flavored smoke and the high IMO was about 60% head and 40% body. I haven't had such good fortunes since and that was like 4 strains ago. I think I have one more TC bean in the stacsh, at least I hope I do.

Day 43, Day 8 from flip

I like the way everything looks after the light defoliation yesterday. Should have taken the pics before I watered because the coverage was more seamless. After I moved them around, not so much. They all got a gallon of 6g Mega, 5ml Silica, 5ml Cal-Mag.

Unfortunetley when I was changing the filters, membrane, and bad cartridge holder on my RO system yesterday, I over tightened one of the nylon fittings and broke it. Had to order a replacement, which won't get here till Tuesday. No biggie for the plants since they drink tap. The RO is for family consumption and a base for makeing homemade nutes (Cal Mag and Silica). Was planning on doing the "make your own Silica supplement" tutorial tomorrow since that's when the bag of Potassium Silicate is supposed to show up. Guess that project is on hold.

The RO is for family consumption and a base for makeing homemade nutes (Cal Mag and Silica). Was planning on doing the "make your own Silica supplement" tutorial tomorrow since that's when the bag of Potassium Silicate is supposed to show up. Guess that project is on hold.

Grab a gallon or two of distilled in the interim?

Grab a gallon or two of distilled in the interim?

I'm in no rush. I still have over a 1/3 quart of Pro-Tekt. I didn't really need to order the Potassium Silicate yet but did anyway just because I wanted to play and make the tutorial.

I'm in no rush. I still have over a 1/3 quart of Pro-Tekt. I didn't really need to order the Potassium Silicate yet but did anyway just because I wanted to play and make the tutorial.

Ah, got ya. Makes sense. Always be prepared and all that jazz.

Day 44, Day 9 from flip

Still waiting for the stretch and budding to begin. Everyone still looks happy. I probably should take the pot tray/riser from under back left and put it under back right to level things out more, but for now I'll let it go. I like air getting all the way around the pot.

They look great farside! I hope you had a great thanksgiving and that your family can tolerate the tap water until you get the RO fixed. I heard somewhere you can get rid of chlorine by letting it stand overnight.

Thanksgiving was nice at the in-laws, then Friday was my dad's 80th. My sister and nieces came up from FL. He was happy to have most of the family there for his birthday. We bought him a new La-Z-Boy since one of the other nieces husband broke his footrest back in September. It's still on special order so he won't get it till about Christmas.

My daughter was the biggest complainant of having to drink tap. It's not bad quality, about 150 ppm. I told her if I was spending $140 on filters and parts, she had to help change them all out with me. She held up her end of the bargain and was with me when I broke the nylon fitting.

Day 44, Day 9 from flip

Still waiting for the stretch and budding to begin. Everyone still looks happy. I probably should take the pot tray/riser from under back left and put it under back right to level things out more, but for now I'll let it go. I like air getting all the way around the pot.

Looking super healthy.

Wish your dad a happy birthday from the folks at 420mag!

What Dad don't know won't hurt him & and what happens on 420 Mag stays on 420 Mag. He's not aware of my activities of a questionable nature. He'd get into the growing part though. He still has a bit if the greenhouse bug after being involved in that industry for 45 years. He's got a 8x12 homemade greenhouse that he starts all his vegetables and spring annuals in. Then the rest of the summer he plays in the garden. His big Black Friday shopping each year consists of going to Home Depot for $1 Poinsettias. He buys 6 then transplants them to make 2 large pots he has on each end of his fireplace.

The lighting in that room is pretty poor and if I turn on the flash it makes the pics washed out. If I turn my phone to manual mode and select 3500k for the lighting it does a better job taking photos in the tent.
Hello,
Would an iphone 6 do that I wonder? my pictures are always poor. Thanks, I will investigate.

Day 43, Day 8 from flip

I like the way everything looks after the light defoliation yesterday. Should have taken the pics before I watered because the coverage was more seamless. After I moved them around, not so much. They all got a gallon of 6g Mega, 5ml Silica, 5ml Cal-Mag.

Unfortunetley when I was changing the filters, membrane, and bad cartridge holder on my RO system yesterday, I over tightened one of the nylon fittings and broke it. Had to order a replacement, which won't get here till Tuesday. No biggie for the plants since they drink tap. The RO is for family consumption and a base for makeing homemade nutes (Cal Mag and Silica). Was planning on doing the "make your own Silica supplement" tutorial tomorrow since that's when the bag of Potassium Silicate is supposed to show up. Guess that project is on hold.

Dam brother they are lookn good congrats. I definitely wana get tht recipe for makn ur own silica. Is it easy to make or shud i jus go an get dyna gro protekt? I know u said it was cheaper to make but i cant remember if u said how to make it or not lol. But yea eitherway ill be trying out how 2 make my own once u get tht done.

Day 45, Day 10 from flip

Everyone appeared to put on a little height over the last day. Leading the charge us the back left. They'll likely need fed in the AM. They're all looking verdant green and happy with their life.

Awesome bro hope ur dad had a :happy-birthday: . And that u guys had a gud thanxgiving from every1 here on the mag. And by the way the girls are still lookn great lol. I got a Red Leicester Tease that is just loving the MC nutes plus i upped her feed like u told me to do with Sweet Tooth i had a question about. So now things are starting to look alil better now lol. Plus im sure once i get this tutorial on how to make the silica ill be able 2 get them to look even better. So what all do i need to buy in order to make that stuff is it alot of items weight wise? I jus dnt wana pay frieght shipping lol. I jus found out Bout this shizz wen i tried to order a bag of ewc online. And they ended up wanting like 160 bux or sumthn for frieght shipping lol. So i was like yea noway ill jus make the 1 hour trip to the town with the hydro shop lmao.

Dam brother they are lookn good congrats. I definitely wana get tht recipe for makn ur own silica. Is it easy to make or shud i jus go an get dyna gro protekt? I know u said it was cheaper to make but i cant remember if u said how to make it or not lol. But yea eitherway ill be trying out how 2 make my own once u get tht done.

Awesome bro hope ur dad had a :happy-birthday: . And that u guys had a gud thanxgiving from every1 here on the mag. And by the way the girls are still lookn great lol. I got a Red Leicester Tease that is just loving the MC nutes plus i upped her feed like u told me to do with Sweet Tooth i had a question about. So now things are starting to look alil better now lol. Plus im sure once i get this tutorial on how to make the silica ill be able 2 get them to look even better. So what all do i need to buy in order to make that stuff is it alot of items weight wise? I jus dnt wana pay frieght shipping lol. I jus found out Bout this shizz wen i tried to order a bag of ewc online. And they ended up wanting like 160 bux or sumthn for frieght shipping lol. So i was like yea noway ill jus make the 1 hour trip to the town with the hydro shop lmao.

If all goes to plan, here's how to make your own Pro-Text, aka Faux-Tekt®.

Items needed to make your own Silica supplement.

A scale
Potassium Silicate
Measuring cup
RO or distilled water
Container to put the finished product in

I bought my 1lb of Potassium Silicate HERE. It was $20 with free shipping. Right now it's on a Black Friday sale for $14. It's even cheaper per pound if you buy bigger quantities, but 1lb will make over 3 quarts of Faux-Tekt®. Growing 4 plants at a time, a quart lasts me 2-3 grows. So a pound will last me a couple years.

In a medium sized pot, add 32oz (4 cups) of RO or distilled water. Warm the water so the powder will dissolve easier. Weigh out 140g of Potassium Silicate. Add Potassium Silicate to the pot. Stir until dissolved. Allow to cool. Transfer your finished product to a container for storage/use. Finished.

Aloha Farside!

I’m half way through your thread and have learned a lot. I got my free sample of mega crop in the mail and plan to try it out on my next grow with some autos. Unreal harvest too! Mahalo for sharing and documenting your experiences along with the other great folks chiming in. I’m subbed in and gonna carry on with my reading when my eyes aren’t so heavy. Sending positive thoughts and vibes from Hawaii!
:passitleft:

If all goes to plan, here's how to make your own Pro-Text, aka Faux-Tekt®.

Items needed to make your own Silica supplement.

A scale
Potassium Silicate
Measuring cup
RO or distilled water
Container to put the finished product in

I bought my 1lb of Potassium Silicate HERE. It was $20 with free shipping. Right now it's on a Black Friday sale for $14. It's even cheaper per pound if you buy bigger quantities, but 1lb will make over 3 quarts of Faux-Tekt®. Growing 4 plants at a time, a quart lasts me 2-3 grows. So a pound will last me a couple years.

In a medium sized pot, add 32oz (4 cups) of RO or distilled water. Warm the water so the powder will dissolve easier. Weigh out 140g of Potassium Silicate. Add Potassium Silicate to the pot. Stir until dissolved. Allow to cool. Transfer your finished product to a container for storage/use. Finished.

Omg its that simple lmao ill be for sure doing this lol. Since i got a perpetual grow going an i got robbed an a bunch of lights an different grow equipment plus all my fukn clones got taken. Im tryn to re set my self up again so pushing as many plants as i can without messing them up to hopefully recover some losses quickly lol. But yea thanx man ill be doing this for sure cause ur girls be on point bro lol. And idk y but i always got a few girls lookn scraggly and burning up. So guna follow ur nute advice 100% to change tht around lol. Oh also are u using CalMag with these girls or no?

Oh also are u using CalMag with these girls or no?

Yes, I've been using Cal-Mag too. Search "Greenway Biotech Cal Mag" on Amazon. $22 for a bag of powder that makes a gallon of liquid. I use Mega Crop, Silica, and Cal-Mag in a 1:blushsmile:1 ratio.

Aloha Farside!

I’m half way through your thread and have learned a lot. I got my free sample of mega crop in the mail and plan to try it out on my next grow with some autos. Unreal harvest too! Mahalo for sharing and documenting your experiences along with the other great folks chiming in. I’m subbed in and gonna carry on with my reading when my eyes aren’t so heavy. Sending positive thoughts and vibes from Hawaii!
:passitleft:

Welcome Sunnyskies. Feel free to jump in any where you like. It's a good crowd of helpful and knowledgeable folks that haunt this thread.

Back
Top Bottom