Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

I'm just using a basic app. Lol seems to work fairly well. Actually used 3 separate apps to verify that all 3 had been actually super close in readings ;)

This is what I'm usually shotting for;
Vegetative 30,000 - 40,000 lux
Flowering 50,000 - 75,000 lux

My Phone App vs Lux Meter experience is documented earlier in the thread (see link). For $20 on the Zon, I'm a firm believer in having the real thing. My results with an app were highly unreliable. When people spend as much as they do on lights, why not get an accurate device to measure it's output? A meter costs .5% or less than what most spent on their fixture, at least that's my rationale.

Day 62

Rub a dub dub, some weed in the tub.

Everyone got 1.5 gal of 6/5/5. I need to do some maintenance on them, but for today they just got fed. Working a 7 day work week (being essential sucks other than the steady income) so my ambition is low. I'm off Monday and Tuesday when I'll play in the garden more.

You can see how the Cheesecake on the right (aka Back Left) is farther behind in the flowering process. She needs defoliated. The Cheesecake on the left may get a spotlight photo session after some grooming.

Strawberry Cheesecake

On the Purple Lemonade front. Its obvious that these two plants are on opposite sides of the spectrum. The left plant (aka Front Right) has shorter fatter colas, whereas the right plant (aka Back Right) has tall slender colas and smaller buds. What she does lack in bud size, she makes up in frost. She's covered! The photos look pretty good but I always think they look better in person.

Purple Lemonade

Back Right's Frosty Buds

How do they all fit?

Tiny house nation, It's the new trend..LOL

I always have been a trend setter. I was rocking "Dad Bod" even before it was a thing and there was a name for it. :rofl:

What a horrible way to finish a 7 day work week than a 12hr shift because your hometown gets smoked by an EF3 tornado. At one point we had 1500 calls for service on our screens. Over 1800 incoming 911 calls in 2.5 hours. It's the 3rd tornado I've worked in 11 years and by far the worst. This time it hit a more populated part of the city. Considering it hit at 11:30 PM, when most were in bed, casualties appear to be quite low. Stopped at the liquor store on the way home then back decked it with a nice Monte Cristo cigar. Shutting her down for a couple hours.

Never thought of this area being a Tornado hot bed when we chose to move here. It's also on the top 5 list of worst places to live in the US if you have allergies to pollen. The seasonal tempretures and mountains were the big draw for us and we didn't research much past that.

Day 64

Everyone got cleaned up and some defoliation. This is the first time I've ever cleaned the bottoms up so much. Yield may suffer a bit accordingly, but come trim time, pretty much all I'm gonna have to deal with is colas.

A little spotlight for Front Left Strawberry Cheesecake. Not sure if I'm satisfied enough with these photos or if I should try again later when the tent lights are on and the plant in the tent. Still got about 12 hours left till the deadline. One of these days I'm actually gonna finish painting that door, and trim around it, so its a better looking backdrop.

Mayor Tent Chicken would like to welcome you to Cola Town.

20689011_1594211773951756_6815423610472103936_n.gif

Have any of y'all seen this happen with a promix grow?

Here's what is going on (not my grow, someone else's):

Two plants that are in 7gal fabric pots, originally clones, that are now about 2/3 of the way through veg. Been topped once about 10 days ago, and were around 18"-20" tall at that point. Promix HP, MC.

Watering is being done at the correct interval, when the pot is dry and light. Thus far it's taking about 5 days for the pots to dry out. Although not necessary for promix, pH is still being checked and has varied from 6.5 to 7.1.

What is happening is when the plants are watered, they start to droop. Not the initial droop then super perky an hour later, they stay like this for days. I lifted one of the pots myself, and just from the weight and feel, I would have watered it. It was light as toast, but the plant was still droopy. The leaves are solid, and not wilted at all. They're just limp like a noodle. Plants are being watered to about a 20% run-off.

Now, this looks to me like over watering. It shows all the classic signs, yet all the indicators say "water me", if that makes sense.

My only thought on it was that maybe it isn't the "when" of watering, but the "how and how much" part. I was thinking that it may be too much water at once, and not giving enough time to soak in a bit before trying more.

My last promix grow I was getting just to where they would start to barely drip, then I'd stop. (I would every few weeks run more through though.)

The plants are different strains, and one recovers a hair quicker, but both take a few days (almost to the next watering) to really perk back.

Quite the odd duck, I think. But could very well just be over saturation that isn't draining as well as it could.

My first run I had awfully droopy plants for weeks. I tried everything less water more water less nutes more nutes. What did the trick was raise my light and turn it back from 24/7 to 20/4. They were just getting too much light.

Before
90FBCE8C-BD47-4FAB-B1AE-725895868F62.jpeg

After
93CD5CFA-4209-425A-856B-CAC2567BC1E8.jpeg

Interesting.

Light height is good for this phase (24"), and is running at the 50%-60% mark.

Temps running mid 70's, RH has been upper 50's to lower 60's.

Certainly the odd situation, to say the least. These were transplanted about 3 weeks ago, and went from about a 2gal pot (that the roots had filled out well) up to the 7gal fabric pots. I wouldn't think that any type of transplant shock would still be an issue, so who knows.

The only things I haven't checked at this time has been a slurry test for output pH, and taking my light meter to see if the intensity is just too much at this point. All indications are the light is fine, but maybe it's a hair stronger than thought. Settings for height and such should be good at 24" with 50%-60% intensity should be just peachy for these girls, and even working up to a little more as they head towards the flip.

With my two mars hydro qbs I have to hang them at at least 30” or it seems like too much light even though recommended is 24. Anytime I get close to 24” I find they are working away from the light a few hours before lights out. At this height with a lux of 30-40k they are praying to the end of lights on. I’m no expert though

Don't forget that bigger pots put the plants closer to the light as well. If the leaves are drooping but not wrinkled I think DC is on the money with raising the lights or lowering the hours.

The only things I haven't checked at this time has been a slurry test for output pH,

If this was fresh ProMix I don't think you have a pH issue. Even second round I don't think pH will cause droop.

Back
Top Bottom