Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

When I got home yesterday and checked the bud in the refrigerator, I found some of the paper bags had water on them. Perhaps because the refrigerator was overly packed with buds?
Make sure the bags are not touching the sides of the fridge. I noticed it more on the upper shelves. I have a frost free mini fridge and I believe when it defrosts the condensation gets on the bag (if touching the sides). It only happened once and I have done several dries since then with no issues at all since ensuring no touchy touchy.

Getting about Jar it up time i would say huh.. :peace:

1588901452386.png

Getting about Jar it up time i would say huh.. :peace:

1588901452386.png
That is correct.

Weights:

Back Right Purple Lemonade, 136.3g, 4.81oz. Front Left Strawberry Cheesecake, 157.9g, 5.57oz. Front Right Purple Lemonade, 180g, 6.34oz. Total, 474.2g or 16.72oz for 3 plants. Still Back Left Strawberry Cheesecake to harvest. Should be about 22oz off the 4. Assuming so, and the 32"x32" tent I grow in, that's 636.69g in 7.08 sq ft, or .6577 sq m. Or 948g per sq meter. Blows away most breaders estimates. Not the tent record but something to be happy about.

The last plant (Strawberry Cheesecake) has been harvested. Looks like a solid yield.

Last week the family all chipped in and made 40 gallons worth of Faux Mix®, so it's ready to go when the next seeds sprout.

On to the next grow!

Next on the docket...

Big Cheese Auto and Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto, Sponsored by @Weedseedsexpress

One of the sites new sponsors, @Weedseedsexpress reached out to me back in April and gave me an opportunity to run some of their strains. Lately I've been on a Cheese kick, and chose their Big Cheese Auto. I was also looking at a Northern Lights grow before they contacted me, so I opted for some of their Northern Lights x Big Bud to pair with the Big Cheese. I had hoped to already have these going by this date, but one of the plants from the previous crop matured at a slower rate and tied up the tent. Today I dropped 2 of each strain in some Jiffy plugs and set them in their domed greenhouse. The initial water for the germination included 1/8tsp (1g) of Mega Crop. The wife has some outdoor annual seedlings occupying some tent space, bit they will get the boot when the weed sprouts and they get upcanned to 5 gallon pots.

Away we go!

:rofl:

I have a hydrangea occupying a little space in one of mine. Probably get to finally plant it next weekend.

I see you don't use a Heat Mat for germinating. I'm wondering if they do any good so I'm trying one for the 1st time. Not sure if it's a good idea as it seems pretty warm. What's your thoughts on using one ?
Sweet looking harvest on the SC. I haven't tried any cheese strains yet.

I have great success with just Jiffy plugs and that little plastic greenhouse that the first batch of plugs came with. I've never seen a reason for a heat mat. Only one grow did I have an issue getting seeds to sprout. Can't remember if that was a winter grow where heat might have helped.

Great harvest weights on the three and nice chopping (finally) on the SC! Looking forward to see the WSE autos take off with the help of the chicken. :)

If you were to have a Tent Chicken, would it be a Free Range Yard Bird, or the Shed a Chicken Coop? The wife's flower seedlings sprouted in 1/3 the breeders specs for time while in the tent. Poultry Power? Perhaps!

I see you don't use a Heat Mat for germinating. I'm wondering if they do any good so I'm trying one for the 1st time. Not sure if it's a good idea as it seems pretty warm. What's your thoughts on using one ?

I use one. However I have it plugged into a temp controller and set it for 78F. I don’t sprout seeds with out one.

The neat thing is if you get the right controller, it may be able to be used for controlling a heater when not used for seeds. I use one in each tent when temps may be a little low. Works great. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I use one. However I have it plugged into a temp controller and set it for 78F. I don’t sprout seeds with out one.

The neat thing is if you get the right controller, it may be able to be used for controlling a heater when not used for seeds. I use one in each tent when temps may be a little low. Works great. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'll have to check eBay & Amazon for a controller. Thanks.

I'll have to check eBay & Amazon for a controller. Thanks.

Most of mine are Hydrofarm Jumpstart ones. Just check their rated wattage, and you should be good. You want 1500w or more capacity. (Some are 1800w.)

Doesn't really matter for a seedling mat, but if you want max flexibility for temp controlling other things like a heater, it's needed.

Both Big Cheese seeds have sprouted. Waiting on the NLxBB. In the AM I'll work on filling pots and getting ready for transplant.

Chalk one up in the dumbass column for ole Farside05. So the NLxBB wasn't up this AM. What do I notice sitting on the desk but 2 stray seeds. Hmm? I do a little digging in the Jiffy plugs to see if I can find sprouts under the soil surface. Dig a little more, a little more. Nope, nothing. That's because I never put the seeds in the plugs! Guess that solves the stray seed mystery. Problem now rectified. Guess the NLxBB will just be a couple days behind.

What I'll call Day 1 for the Big Cheese.

Got the tent cleaned. Took the last grows bags with stems in it and emptied the pots. Knocked all the Faux-Mix® out of the rootballs. After the pots were refilled with fresh medium, I put the used Faux-Mix® back in the bin for the wife to use on outdoor pots. The Big Cheese girls got transplanted I to their 5 gallon homes. Light adjusted to 24" above tops and set to 15,000 lux. Watered them in with 1l of 1g Mega Crop, 1ml Cal-Mag, 1ml Faux-Tekt®. Tent Chicken is standing guard and employing all his poultry powers to the new babies. This is one of my favorite parts if a grow, watching little seedlings take off.

Back
Top Bottom