Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

Welcome! I plan on keeping this thread an ongoing journal of my grows. In the past I've made a separate journal for every grow and left buts of pieces of information all over the site. Since there isn't a blog feature anymore, I thought I'd make a journal where I can store all my favorite articles, pod casts, videos, etc.. I'll probably clutter up the first page or two with a lot of links and such so I can refer back to them. Lets get started. For my first grow of this journal I'll be growing Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue, both autos from FastBuds. As the title suggests, I do not use traditional Bloom nutes. I use Dyna Gro Foliage Pro and a Silica supplement from start to finish and adjust the ratios slightly as flowering kicks in. My growing medium will be standard Pro Mix BX with mycorrhizae. Lighting is courtesy of a DIY 300 watt LED strip build, 3500k spectrum. Ventilation is a 6" fan and carbon filter and 2 clip on fans to keep things moving inside the tent. Tent dimensions are 32"x32"x63".

Tent & Light
What are you setting pots on?

Big Cheese? Wasn't that a pizza place? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Off to a good start!

Not sure about pizza places. It's part of their "Big" series. Supposed to be large sized autos. So far they look like they've been shot out of a cannon.

What are you setting pots on?

They are 14" saucers that have plant risers in them to have some airflow under the pot and so they don't sit in any excess water.

Weights are in for the last Strawberry Cheesecake. She made me wait a long time, but was worth it. She tipped the scales at an even 335g (11.82oz)! That's the second heaviest auto I've grown. Combine her weight up with the previous 3 plants and the grow yielded 809.2g (28.54oz). Respectable numbers for a 32"x32" tent and 300w of light. It's gotta be the Tent Chicken™.

:nomo: I am jumping in if that ok. Wow that's impressive weight for a auto!

Welcome! Thanks last Strawberry Cheesecake surprised me a bit. I knew she was a good plant but yielded a couple more oz than I thought.

Cheese strains are my fav interested to see your big cheese develop although I have never grown autos before.

Good genetics is one of the keys to success with autos. The other is nailing the start. If you mess up at the start, you severely hinder your yield potential, given auto's truncated time table. Get both of those two things right and you can grow a lot of weed in a hurry.

Before I left for work last night I checked on the babies. Looks like one is trying to hatch. It should be up by the time I get home. Hope to see it's counterpart soon too.

I opened the new bag of Mega Crop this AM. The first thing you notice is the odor, or should I say the lack thereof. Yes there is some, but it's more of a slight chemical smell than the "poo" smell of the prior versions. It's white rather than brown, and it's an even texture. No balls! Actually I think the correct term is prills. It's also less dusty.

I decided to test the weight of this newest version vs the prior. As some of you are aware, I dose via measuring spoons rather than hitting the scale every time. My previous experience is that every 1/8tsp = 1g. Let's see the results:

1/8tsp

1/4tsp

1/2tsp

Just like before, with my Faberware measuring spoons, every 1/8tsp = 1g. I'll continue to use them as a quick way to dose my feed water.

Now for the plants. Today starts Week 2 for the Big Cheese. I upped their feed level to 2g Mega Crop, 2ml Cal-Mag, 2ml Faux-Tekt®. They each got 2l of feed.

Yesterday evening I transplanted the 1st Northern Lights x Big Bud into it's 5g bag. The second is just starting to break ground. Maybe tomorrow I can transplant it. So the two strains will be about a week apart.

Looks like all 4 seeds planted from @Weedseedsexpress were viable. So far so good.

Day 18 for the Big Cheese. They got topped today and fed a gallon of 4g Mega Crop, 4ml Cal-Mag, 4ml Faux-Tekt®.

The Northern Lights x Big Bud are a week or more younger. Not sure about that back right one. If she don't get her ass in gear she may get culled. These girls got 1/2 gallon each of 3g Mega Crop, 3ml Cal-Mag and 3ml Faux-Tekt®.

The light was increased to 30k lux at the tops of the Big Cheese.

Ahoy Captain @farside05 ,
I have added your credentials under my signature. Amazing results running just like you taught me. Thank You Again :love:

@Pennywise gets a nod for telling me to grab hold of you :)

Ahoy Captain @farside05 ,
I have added your credentials under my signature. Amazing results running just like you taught me. Thank You Again :love:

@Pennywise gets a nod for telling me to grab hold of you :)

I'm honored. Glad to know it's working well for you too.

Day 22

Fed the Big Cheese 1 gal each of 4g Mega, 4ml Cal-Mag, 4ml Silica. After their last feed of that amount (the first at that level) I got a bit of clawing. They seemed to work their way out of it. Also raised the light a bit. Applied some restraints this AM. They sure aren't a leafy strain. Maybe good for someone who isn't familiar with, or doesn't want to have to worry about defoliation. Should be easier to trim too if this keeps up that trend.

The NLxBB got fed 3g Mega, 3ml Cal-Mag, 3ml Silica. I worry they are going to get dwarfed by the Cheese. The week + time difference doesn't help matters.

Day 31 for the Big Cheese

We have some blooms going on. Both were fed 2 gallons each of 5g Mega Crop, 5ml Cal-Mag, 5ml Faux-Tekt®.

The bigger/older NL x BB just got topped yesterday. They are finally starting to look good. Both got fed 2 gallons each of 4g Mega Crop, 4ml Cal-Mag, and 4ml Faux-Tekt®.

Back
Top Bottom