GrowLow's Medical Organic Seed Poppin Time

Growlow

Gday 420 guys and girls,

So as my first ever journal comes towards its completion (shy of 2/3 weeks), I wanted to dive further into TGA genetics and see what they have to offer in their new medical strains. They are marketed as "Heroes of the Farm" and "HomeGrown Natural Wonders".

Pennywise is Harlequin x Jack The Ripper. x5 seeds
20140806_231515.jpg

I know of a couple of growers who have tested their own Jack The Ripper and found it to have high levels of THCv. Which is great in assisting anyone with an Autoimmune Disease. It also targets the CV2 receptor, so it helps to make it a very controlled, level headed but very energetic Sativa strain. Harlequin is notorious for its 1/1 ratio for THC/CBD of around 15%. So I am excited to grow out this strain and get it tested from a couple different reliable sources and see what comes of it.

Hurkle is Harlequin x Querkle. x5 seeds
20140806_231450.jpg

I know of only one friend who has grown this and they had results as advertised by TGAgentics. Out of 10 seeds he had 6 females. 3 were 1/1 ratios of about12 %, 2 were different in their smell but same in their taste and potency of about 17% THC and 9% CBD and 1 had 18% CBD and 10% THC. My main reason for getting this is to broaden the range of options I have for medicine.

Nurse Jackie is Medicine Woman x Jack The Ripper. x5 seeds
20140806_231619.jpg

This one I got purely for flavour. I hope to make some awesome Ice water hash out of it and cure some of the top collas for a solid 6 months or so to really enhance that flavour :yummy:

They have all been sitting in separate cups of water with a pH level of 6.8 with 1ml of General Organics Humic acid for about 24 hours until I saw lil tap roots, which was today. I just transplanted them into rapid rooters with a fresher but same balanced pH water with the same level of GO Humic acid. They are in my veg room with Temps of 85f.

20140806_231708.jpg

I have taken some notes from a few journals on here like KingJohnC's and Peejay's and I am going to step my game up with how informative I am and sharing much more detail. Though I still want it to be laid back and easy going. With mates bringing in couches and enjoying the ride :) This may be a lengthy one.

:bravo: I'm in & I like your opening, well done. I'm eager to learning something in here and I should be relaxed,

I like what I have read and I like your plan, you are off to a great start :goodjob:

I have a recliner, would you mind helping me carry it in,

I moved 3 chairs up front to make room, thanks Growlow

:bravo: I'm in & I like your opening, well done. I'm eager to learning something in here and I should be relaxed,

I like what I have read and I like your plan, you are off to a great start :goodjob:

I have a recliner, would you mind helping me carry it in,

I moved 3 chairs up front to make room, thanks Growlow

Thanks mate :welcome::thumb: You know I always keep a spot reserved for you bro :) Let me help you with that:high-five:
Here I had this rolled for the first person who showed up. Enjoy and feel free to pass it around :passitleft:

So somewhat of a late update! Had a VERY busy day today. Reservoir changes, feedings and some labour outside totally unrelated to this journal. It's tough growing your food and your medicine but I do enjoy the rewards :)

Anyway so for those that didn't watch the video. My wife accidentally knocked off the top of one of my Nurse Jackie's. This particular seedling hadn't totally lost its shell so after the damage was done there wasn't much left in the way of a "top" so to say.I am a big believe of affirmative approaches to things. So with a few labels written and attached with "revive", "recover" and "Please don't die, I love you" I woke up this morning thinking the worst but hoping for the best and this is what I found

nursejackie.jpg

Maybe these medical properties are stronger than I gave them credit ;) Very stoked with this. Hope she pulls through and come back around. I do imagine it might take her a little longer but fingers crossed!
20140810_221814.jpg

I've been a lil MIA. I had an accident which has rendered me out of action for the coming week. I did manage to take a couple shots tonight. I have nearly 100% with this pop session. I've come to rename "Nurse Jackie No.5" to "Nurse Jackie-Can". I'm a big time kung fu movie nerd and the subtitled versions. Not the dubbed. Studied Wing Chun through my teens. I think Jackie Chan is an incredible showman/performer and has bounced back from falls that most stuntmen would have ended their careers on. So here it is the seed that could

Nurse Jackie-Can
20140812_234632.jpg

And the rest of the gang
20140812_234607.jpg

how are the babies? don't tell me you killed them all and now you are hiding? I miss ya bro Glow:circle-of-love:

EDIT:
out my concern for a friend, I did a re-read of what I speed-skimmed, and I found the word I missed, accident is something my mind

tries to avoid, I hope you are recoverring and I eagerly await your return. Take your time, we're not going anywhere.:circle-of-love:

So 2 weeks later and these seedlings are hitting the ceilings! :laughtwo: :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:
Here is a group shot of the gang. Had everything pop except one Pennywise.
20140826_154721.jpg

Based off the growth the tallest is 7 inches and smalles about 1.5 inch (That would be lil Nurse Jackie Can ;) )
20140826_154652.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the update :)

Well I'm subbed! Off to a great start, again, so sorry to hear of your accident, hope you're in better shape by now! Looking forward to next update! :circle-of-love::high-five:

What about that update ;) :circle-of-love:

how are the babies? don't tell me you killed them all and now you are hiding? I miss ya bro Glow:circle-of-love:

EDIT:
out my concern for a friend, I did a re-read of what I speed-skimmed, and I found the word I missed, accident is something my mind

tries to avoid, I hope you are recoverring and I eagerly await your return. Take your time, we're not going anywhere.:circle-of-love:

What about that update ;) :circle-of-love:

I must apologize for the lack of any updates. I had another decline in my health over this past week. I am recovering and doing better so no concern is needed. I appreciate the love from both of you :) I will do my best to take some photos of my seedlings later today they are doing fantastic for not getting the amount of love and attention they would usually get :)

Hey Growlow nice strain selection! I am trying to pick between hurkle and penny now so I got excited when I saw your post but I see you are still in the early phases. I think I am leaning twards hurlke atm since I read penny might be one of his strains he pulled.

Hope all is going well with you and your grow!

Hey Growlow nice strain selection! I am trying to pick between hurkle and penny now so I got excited when I saw your post but I see you are still in the early phases. I think I am leaning twards hurlke atm since I read penny might be one of his strains he pulled.

Hope all is going well with you and your grow!

G'day mate! Cheers for passing through :) I haven't heard that Subcool intends on pulling Penny but it's not like we're best mates, though I stay pretty up to date with what they have in the works. I know they have some AC/DC crosses and more than likely some Sour Tsunami and Charlotte Webs crosses in the works. So it wouldn't be far fetched for them to dump a strain with lower or less even % across the board, since the best way for the medicine to do its work is when THC/CBD are of equal potency. People have the misconception that more CBD than THC is good for you. That is not an accurate assessment. As far as it goes in WA currently you can get Pennywise from most dispensaries that carry TGA seeds. Mostly in 5 packs.

So far based off of the growth and structure I'm leaning towards Hurkle more myself. It seems to have closer internodal spacing. Definitely took strongly after those Indica dominant genes. Of the 4 Pennywise I have they are 50/50 split for the most part. In terms of which parent they seemed to have taken after. The Nurse Jackie's seem to be JTR dominant.

Again thankyou for coming through :) Hope you stick around!

Cheers Mate!

Im not positive Penny is getting pulled I know he pulled a few and I was thinking Penny was one of them but I cant really remember anymore if I read that or if I just assumed it since Hurkle came out. :p

G'day folks. For those not following my other journals I had a turn for the wors in terms of my health for the past month specifically. No worries needed as I am back on my feet and back at it. I am camera-less currently so photo updates will be coming along shortly. All the seedling are doing good. I have had an attack of Thrips that has definitely made a hit to the developmental speed of the plants but I have them almost taken care of. Hope all are well and look forward to catching up on what you're all up to :)

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom