GrowNMo's 1st Grow With Unknown Seed Sativa Dominant Strain

GrowNMo

I had some plant material and in it is were a few seeds. I decided to try something, i started with 3 seeds and they germinated.
May 16 planted. This is my story:
Strain - Sative = maybe someone call tell me more
Current stage - Flowering
Grow enviroment - outdoors
Soil - Initially planted in MiracleGro Cactus, Palm & Citrus Soil
Transplanted to - Fox Farms Ocean Forest Potting Soil
Residence of a 5 Gallon fabric pot
Nutrients used - Fox Farm Grow Big & Fox Farm Big Bloom
Protection from pests during evening - 48" White Fine White Mesh with drawstring at bottom
Noticed early on a few leaves had been eaten on - cut out fine gardening mesh in shape of pot, cut out for stem and keep it on to prevent possible larvae/caterpillars from coming up from ground or soil area. This has helped.
Planted May 16
1st water May 23 (used tap water) did not grasp pH until much later , have since measured tap water at 7.18 before adjusting
June 14 watered
June 27 transplanted to 5 gallon fabric pots and watered, very light and now realized i under watered.
July 11 used 25% recommended strength of Grow Big
July 12 noticed the first pistils? May have seen earlier but it did not register. At the time i was caught up in what a calyx was, pre flower, etc.
July 16 used 25% recommend general feeding strength of Big Bloom
July 21 watered and then noticed reddish brown on a leaf or two. Also noticed 4 /5 leaves yellowing , possibly Nitrogen deficiency. Wasnt grasping how to overcome at the time
July 23 used Grow Big
July 28 watered
July 31 watered and measured plant for 1st time 27"
August 3, plant measured 28"
August 4, went to 50% recommended strength of Big Bloom. Looked at many websites to determine if i should adjust pH with nutrients or use tap only with nutrients. I ended up adjusted pH then adding nutrients. After thinking it through, i ended up adjusting nutrient water to meet pH range.
August 6 watered with Grow Big and a few more yellow leaves
August 8 Grow Big
August 9 dry soil watered
August 12 watered
August 13 Big Bloom
August 17 watered
August 19 30 3/8"
a few times it rained and plant was wet so i would skip a watering. By mid July i started saturation watering. Previously i just added maybe 6-8 ounces.
the yellowing has stabilized and i believe it was a result of not enough nitrogen. So i have been altering between Grow Big and Big Bloom until it stabilized. I will alternate Grow Big in.
It does rain a lot and i move the plant as quick as i can, although it does get wet from time to time. Would it be harmful to move it into a shed with open window or shed with doors open for sunlight?
I believe some of the reddish brown was a result of heat stress. i starting placing in shade when temps hit 90+ degrees. When it has rained then stopped and sun comes out i move plant in sun to dry out before dark if possible. otherwise it gets wet. i dont have may places to keep out of any type of light. Street lights , neighbor security lights have me moving plant behind gardening equipment. Possible to place in shed for evening without harm?
I did burn the plant material and it was very very good, a good head high. Havent burned in 38+ years!
Pictures coming up.

Couple of questions.
1. with my outdoors grow, when raining hard, will i mess my grow up if i move my plant to a shed with doors open to gain light?
2. in evenings, rather than leave outside will i mess my grow up if i place in either a shed with window opened a little for air circulation or place in shed and close doors, no air circulation , no windows, etc. thanks.

Today’s update! I realized what Inwas doing wrong with my digital microscope: I had the magnification too high. I was getting better results with my el cheapie microscope. I played around with the settings and saw trichomes I was even seeing with my phone. I got a better perspective of the development and maturity of this plant. Pictures below. I received a reply to a previous post that I am under about a month to go. That sounds about right to me. This is an outside grow and the middle of next month I will get less than 12 hours sunlight.!getting ready!

225222C8-629F-4FAC-8F31-CC7D971804BA.jpeg

2CC4E17D-2EF9-49FE-B453-473247B059C5.jpeg

7F980CCD-E23B-4AFC-B83A-4A890D04B6CC.jpeg

E82F7FB6-BBA7-4229-9011-DB58BF781D26.jpeg

4386C4C5-2509-4DCB-AD72-330E81606733.jpeg

B816CDD7-BAA7-415B-B96D-734C904AB63D.jpeg

1138BDD3-4E21-4315-971B-58823CB6DFDB.jpeg

D186F2DD-BBF3-4F18-BB33-6FD132E2E9CD.jpeg

2A482EEB-FFD1-457D-9DD7-9843F2924D1D.jpeg

FCD215F6-3119-4B49-B432-7EC8EE6A4297.jpeg

A few snapshots from today. plant looks great and the pics are awesome when i use phone to look over buds! Trichs are spreading...!

Hi mate, looking good! Anymore update photos?
When you are checking your trichomes; are you checking the sugar leaves? Or the buds (bracts/calyx)?
No need to flush; I feed all the way to the end. I Only flush, to sort out problems...

When you are checking your trichomes; are you checking the sugar leaves? Or the buds (bracts/calyx)?
No need to flush; I feed all the way to the end. I Only flush to sort out problems...
thanks for asking. had some bad weather on the 29th and things are starting to slow down. i kept up the photos. i posted on whether or not it was ready. let me find the thread.

No need to flush; I feed all the way to the end. I Only flush to sort out problems...
i was running on battery power and generator and did not have time to upload, but took photos. here is where the plant is today.

I would say the majority of her is done..
It looks like she is fighting to live still, as she's pushing out a few new pistils and I noticed a few clear trichomes also,
But some photos show she's done. Take off the buds that are ripe and do a staged harvest..

Continuation...what i find strange is the last good photo where the plant was green is August 24/25. On the 26-29th she was still green, then on September 10, she just up and turned brown, leaves pretty much died. On the 7th or 8th i added Big Bloom, put her in the shade and forgot to move her as the sun moved to the spot, i think thats what did it, i then added some water on the 9th to see if it made a difference. I decided to cut on the 11th. Once i had the plant down, i scoped out the trichomes with my microscope and saw amber in very low instances on every branch! I am glad for the advice i received, i was going to stagger the cut, but decided just to go all in. some of the stems are almost brittle, i am so tempted to open the closet a couple of times per day but have resisted the temptation to once per day. i had a small fan in the closet and it was really smelling great. I decided to place an air purifier in there and the odor has gone down considerably and it is picking up all contaminants, (mold spores?). The rh is 62/63% and temp is a low of 75-78 degrees. I had a towel blocking the bottom of the door, but realized fresh air wasn't capable of getting exchanged. I removed the blockage this AM.

August 20th added Big Bloom
August 23rd watered
August 25th Big Bloom
August 27 hard rain, brought into home, placed in closet, no lights, (found out later as an autoflower this probably didnt matter) with fan
August 28 Outside most of day in closet in evening, was too windy to leave outside
August 29 in sunroom by window of course , Took pictures looked all cloudy. What i found interesting was i used an analog microscope 40x that had a lil light on end and i would see some amber and lots of clear trichomes, however when i looked through a 50x -100x digital microscope it was very cloudy. light probable wasnt as strong?
September 3 watered
September 5 watered again,
September 9, Big Bloom: later that day i was very concerned that the plant suddenly appeared very dry, fan leaves went from yellow to brown dead. Earlier in my previous post i stated that i fertilized and left in shade, forgot to move and it was roasting in the sun most of the day, i then watered 2 days later.
September 11, harvested
From September 5th - 8th fan leaves were all yellowed or yellowing, after i fertilized on the 9th and left in the sun later in the day, the fan leaves were done. it would have been too soon for the fertilizer to have an effect on the plant, i would think? Anyway, thanks for all the help! I mean it! You all got me through this. As i look back, it was way too easy to stress over everything i did wrong, learning as i progressed. I would say it is pretty hard to get in a corner that you cant get out of, and there are so many knowledgeable folks on the forum who did not pass judgment but offered ALL CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK! I am so glad i found you all. Thinking through what is next:) Until then GrowNMOre!

August 20th added Big Bloom
August 23rd watered
August 25th Big Bloom
August 27 hard rain, brought into home, placed in closet, no lights, (found out later as an autoflower this probably didnt matter) with fan
August 28 Outside most of day in closet in evening, was too windy to leave outside
August 29 in sunroom by window of course , Took pictures looked all cloudy. What i found interesting was i used an analog microscope 40x that had a lil light on end and i would see some amber and lots of clear trichomes, however when i looked through a 50x -100x digital microscope it was very cloudy. light probable wasnt as strong?
September 3 watered
September 5 watered again,
September 9, Big Bloom: later that day i was very concerned that the plant suddenly appeared very dry, fan leaves went from yellow to brown dead. Earlier in my previous post i stated that i fertilized and left in shade, forgot to move and it was roasting in the sun most of the day, i then watered 2 days later.
September 11, harvested
From September 5th - 8th fan leaves were all yellowed or yellowing, after i fertilized on the 9th and left in the sun later in the day, the fan leaves were done. it would have been too soon for the fertilizer to have an effect on the plant, i would think? Anyway, thanks for all the help! I mean it! You all got me through this. As i look back, it was way too easy to stress over everything i did wrong, learning as i progressed. I would say it is pretty hard to get in a corner that you cant get out of, and there are so many knowledgeable folks on the forum who did not pass judgment but offered ALL CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK! I am so glad i found you all. Thinking through what is next:) Until then GrowNMOre!
I'm glad it's worked out mate. What is next then?

i do not have the ability to use an attic, havent built it out if ever. thought of taking a shed with power and running another line for a/c and insulate it and use a tent. i may try another seed from my most recent and only grow and run with another autoflower before it gets too cold. i am interested in burning a very very small bud that i accidently cut when trimming the order day. no stem or branch just flower. tempting. tempting tempting.

i do not have the ability to use an attic, havent built it out if ever. thought of taking a shed with power and running another line for a/c and insulate it and use a tent. i may try another seed from my most recent and only grow and run with another autoflower before it gets too cold. i am interested in burning a very very small bud that i accidently cut when trimming the order day. no stem or branch just flower. tempting. tempting tempting.
Sounds like a plan..
oh!! Burn it and report back :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom