Growone Indica - Juicysoil - Northernlights Back - Crossed With Afghani Ancester

JuicySoil

Strain : Indica, nothernlights.

Girls : Cloned from beautyfull big Mamma:yummy:

Lights for veg : 150w CFL agrolite and 200w agrolite CFL (compactflurocentlights)

Lights for flower: 2x400w hps (high presure sodium)

:welcome::peace::welcome::peace::welcome::peace:

I am new to this forum, like this journal thing and the good vibe all around it! So just wanna try it out, since im starting up a brand new grow anyways,seems perfect. Here i feel im in the right place to share the joy of raising life, cant explain my enthusiasm in a way so my georgeus girlfriend understand, but you feel me right? ;)
Seems like you can get alot of great pointers here too, im all ears for ideas and input for this grow, so feel free to ad your thougts or ideas that could improve on the grow:)

So ive set up with a nice little veg room, (for now) got em growing in peat moss with a little vermiculite at the moment, the strain is the legendary Indica, Nothern Lights, my girls is hybrids that was back-crossed with its original Afghani ancester.This should add freshness, vigour and stability. Which will produce solid, higly resinous buds. The crossing should also affect in taste, with strong notes of lemon and juniper, mmmmh cant wait :) :yummy:

They have been cloned from a thriving mother
2 postet pics of the new veg setup. about 4 days in dirt, been rooting for about 10 days before that, in rockwool cubes, in an cheap propagator..

14092011822.jpg

08092011819.jpg

08092011818.jpg

Now time is comin for transplant soon, ive ordered some pearllite and zeolite. while i got peat moss and vermiculite home..
Havent figured out how i will mix the soil and different lites yet? Any ideas here would be great.:yahoo:

Hope to get some inspiration and high times
Cheers gang, looking forward to show some growth;) JuicySOIL

Re: Growone indica, juicysoil, nothernlights back-crossed with afghani ancester

May Jah light be upon your grow .

Just read about a medium mix of 75% PEARLLITE and 25% VERMICULITE anyone of you guys who have grown in a medium like that before? Is it unnecessary with peatmoss?

i use a soil with 20% peatmoss , 10% vermiculite, 30% perlite and the rest is garden peat .

They might actually but if you simply don't think much about it ,you won't get worried . And that's what've being doing so far :cheesygrinsmiley:
Zeolite ? To be humble i have never heard about it .You know , i live in a small town in Portugal and i have the luck to have one of the few smartshops that exist in this country near my house. The products are quite good, although i dont see much of a variety if we take the u.s as an example . So i've learned to work with what i have and the rest is knowledge that the people from here have.There are lots of agricultural fields and theres where the rest of it comes from :grinjoint:

The perlite/vermiculite mix is called hempy, search for threads on it.....DocBud has a lot of great info on his threads. It depends on how you want to grow, soil or hydro. You seem to be leaning toward a hydro type setup since your media has little nutrient holding capacity. You will need to be feeding almost every watering. What nutrients are you planning to use?

Cool bro, but ive had some of my earlier grows infectet by those critters, and developed a little paranoia of them spidermites, yukk.. But I feel you though, and i like the part you write about using what you got:Namaste:

Thx OG

Ive just transplantet, the mix ended up like 50% peatmoss 20% perlite 20% Vermiculite and 10% zeolite.. The peatmoss has about 10% sand in it..

I see what you meen about the nutrient holding capacity, so its soil, ill be handwatering this grow. What do you think og this mix, ill be starting out with feeding every other watering.
As nutrients i got the cellmax soil series, grow,bloom,rootbooster,enzymes,flowerpower..
just transplantet..

UPDATE

Ive just transplantet, i spend a couple of days too long finding the different things for the mix, so where a little late for tranplant..
The soil mix i figured to try out is, 50%peatmoss 20%perlite 20%vermiculite 10% zeolite and the peatmoss had about 10% sand mixed in it..
But here are some pics.. thx for lookin in :Namaste:
14092011832.jpg

14092011833.jpg

16092011853.jpg

18092011855.jpg

16092011849.jpg

14092011837.jpg

19092011861.jpg

19092011858.jpg

Got a Cup of Cuties:circle-of-love:
26092011888.jpg

Switched out the old propagater with a brand new DIY propagater ive just made up out of some spare parts from a previously hydro system i had going.. Basicly, just a couple of bubblers and a heater, the waterspray from the airstones (bubblers) makes it like, almost a aeroponic environment in the rootzone..
With the beauty of those babies, i felt ashamed too just stick em in the cheapass-cold-as-hell-propagator:goodjob:
26092011890.jpg

26092011891.jpg
26092011894.jpg
26092011897.jpg
26092011903.jpg

And One of the Ladies :love:
26092011906.jpg

:peace::morenutes:

Allright, gone to flowering,the room is okay now, but needs alot of tweaking for all the different factors RH, steady temps and all. But its my first "large" (larger than my closet anyway ;) growroom. So im meeting alot of new challenges, but it goes fairly, plants in flower lookin good, but my veg room is another matter though..
But here is some pics of the flowering room, - 2x400w. hps. :peace:
20111012_023.jpg
20111012_018.jpg
20111012_020.jpg
20111012_017.jpg
20111012_015.jpg
20111012_016.jpg
20111012_013.jpg
20111012_011.jpg
20111012_009.jpg

Wow, they look really nice and healthy. Doubt I can help, you seem to have it going on, but I'm pulling up a chair to watch you finish them out :goodjob:

Flowers start to show:bravo:

Ive got my ventilation runnin proper now.. Had bought way too small exaust, GOing BIGnLOUD.

But hoping it will bring down the noise a great deal when there will be attached a carbonfilter.. Anybody know, is a silencer needed when you put a filter on? Noise isnt that big a problem in my case, but you can never be to carefull, right..

Cheers gang!
20111017_003.jpg
20111017_002.jpg

Yo guys n girls got the mites, killah inputs woul be great now, went 2 the local store and got the same same as usual, (bug killingsoap the kills the pests but not the eggs) What du i do, ive read and read, and then some. Now my next move will be to buy some rosemary oil, which ill dilute in water.. Anyone has a good thea/mixture they would or could recoment? I rather kill em than smoke em, heheh, theyre going down4sho.
But i dont want them as a regurly problem though, and know they will be, so if any one knows how too get rid of them with out terring everything down and going cloral on it, please pop it, any inputs tried out are welcome!!
20111019_007.jpg

20111019_002.jpg

Cant se the critters on the pic, but they ARE down there...

If you look close, all leavetips points upward,not just the very tip of the leave but all tips of the leave? whats up with that, is it in fact just the plant stretching for the light in close up, or could it be a deficiency?

Back
Top Bottom