Grows have gone from good to bad

HolySpicoli

Hey, long time since I've been around. Got a question. My first grow was from seeds found in a bag of awesome bud, 8 plants kicked several ounces of sticky beautiful but seeded bud (hermies). Second grow was grown from seeds of the first grow and 9 plants yielded a few ounces, I would guess around 65% the amount of the first grow. The leaves went yellow and brown early, but the bud was still awesome. I thought maybe because it was a winter grow they didn't stay as warm. The third grow was from seeds of the second grow. They took forever and were puny. Nine plants and I got barely an ounce. What is there is very good as usual though. I am kinda fucked, mice got into my seeds and all I have is seeds from that 2nd grow, because they were still in the jars. Just under an ounce isn't gonna last me long and growing again from those window licker seeds will probably produce much the same. So, what gives? The genetics went bad?

The generation is the reason the more you sex and use those seed(s) you get lower yield and thc content. Using the first generation to make seeds again can and will produce weak inbreed plants unless you can grow 2 separate genetic lines of parent plants. I.E. you have a male and female(this is called first generation or f1), pollinate the female and get seeds. Now you have seeds from those f2 which are weaker than f1 but still good, but you continuing in this process will do what happened to you, where you have small yields with low thc content. The genetics dont go bad its just crossing so much on the same 1 strain does all of what happened to you. With weed the seed quality degrades with every pollination, i dont know why it just does, thats why you dont see a f9 blueberry winning the cannabis cup it would never happen. If I havent helped read topics on breeding.

OK, I get it. Fuuuuuuuuddddge! I'm screwed. Damn mice. I still had 10 seeds from the batch used to grow the first ones until they ate them. :(

Oh, and thanks! Forgot to say thanks! :)

First time out of the gate, you got all new everything. Everything is clean... Make sure to clean the shit out of everything, type A, so that you have the same level of clean at the beginning of each grow.

My buddy strips the room and paints every time, no matter what. Everything gets bleach cleaned also.

I will strip it and clean it all. Put it all away until I get more seeds or some clones or something. Thanks Frank!

Can any of the seed companies be trusted??

i trust castle they are a sponsor here and an awesome company, they can get you top notch genetics for your seed collection check out my 2.0 grow in my sig for the kind of things possible , i also here the nirvana company is excellent, another sponsor, see buy using the sponsors your using companys that are proven or they wont stay a sponsor for long!
good luck in your quest for solid genetics, so far my favorite strains are purple maroc,royal purple kush,and purple#1, and blueberry gum,cream caramel, and blue cheese are looking promising heres a link to the sponsor page,click it----->sponsors at :420:
hope this helps:high-five::peace:

Back
Top Bottom