GrowUpJr Indoor Soil Durban Poison Grow Journal 2020

GrowUpJr

I got my order of seeds today from New420GuySeeds.com and ready to go, grow! I mention them in the GSC Grow Journal and want to minimize my duplication; I am splitting the strains into their own logs but will be growing them together. Be sure to check out the GSC journal off the link on the signature line. Due to available space for adult plants in flower, I will be doing 2 GSC and 1 Durban Poison.

Strain: sativa, Durban Poison
Stage: seed
Number Plants: 1
Outdoor: daytime
Indoor: 5x5x6
Soil: Espoma Organic Seed Starter Premium Potting Mix
Light: Mars Hydro TS-1000
Aircooled: Basement
Temp: 68 F
RH: 50%+
PH: 5.8
Pests: occasional spider
Water: keep moist
Ferts: too early
0629201627.jpg
0629201628.jpg
0629201641.jpg

I have a GG#4 going right now from New 420guy. Some of the best growth I've ever seen, great quality genetics. I wanted to get Durban too soo I'll definitely be watching this grow.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm excited to have feminized seeds after my first experiences with seeds in weed purchases at a dispensary. I went to order GG4 and he was sold out so I definitely will swing by after I seed my GSC. I am on the mail list for GDP too. Talk again soon.

Temp: 70
RH: 50%
PH: 5.8

Brought them inside at 9:22 pm last night (Michigan, still some light) where the tent has lights out at midnight and on again at 6:00 am for an 18 HR on cycle. Just put the dome on with vents closed. Two GSC and one Durban Poison.

I'll be keeping indoor today. Too much heat with the sun, especially with the dome, and it dries the soil quickly without it.
1593523084802125814547.jpg

Updates:
06/30/20 7:24 pm
I put a temp/humidity reader inside the dome, so I have one for the tent and one in the dome. I will be reporting just the dome. The first recording was before the reading for RH fully stabilized. My PH is 5.8 throughout in a spray bottle. When I have to refill I will update as required. Until they sprout, any pics would just be the same dome shot of peat pots, so I won't add any pics until I see green.
Temp: 64
RH: 75
Water: moistened
07/01/20 6:00 pm
Temp: 68
RH: 87
07/02/20 12:36 pm
RH: 89
Water: no, soil moist
07/02/20 1:14 pm
Before leaving the tent I decided to check the soil beyond the top layer and I found it was dry so I moistened it.

Not sure if my RH is too high, I understand high humidity is good, but I don't know the range. I will need to research. I have the vents closed so I can open one or more to get it down if I need to. That's it for now.

I have a GG#4 going right now from New 420guy. Some of the best growth I've ever seen, great quality genetics. I wanted to get Durban too soo I'll definitely be watching this grow.
Those were some awesome pic from your links. Can you add a link for your GG4 grow?

For germination, I like my humidity in the dome to be 85-90%. Once the first true leaves appear, I open the vents on the dome, keeping the tent around 68% humidity where it stays throughout veg. I soak my seeds for 12-24 hours prior to planting for a better and faster germination rate. My temp range for germination is 78-80 degrees.

For germination, I like my humidity in the dome to be 85-90%. Once the first true leaves appear, I open the vents on the dome, keeping the tent around 68% humidity where it stays throughout veg. I soak my seeds for 12-24 hours prior to planting for a better and faster germination rate. My temp range for germination is 78-80 degrees.
I'll have to soak my seeds next time. Do you wet a paper towel and wrap them in that, or do you literally put them in a glass of water?

Thank you for the humidity and temp tips. I hadn't got around to researching yet so you saved me a lot of time.

My tents are in my basement and stay about 68. I don't have a way to increase that unless I get a space heater. I feel that might be a fire hazard. I could take them outside but the temp will be inconsistent and I will need to monitor them all day, which I can do, but are there any better, economically friendly options you know of?

Your plants look amazing.

07/03/20 11:19 am
RH: 89

I realized I only planted 06/29/20 at 5:00 pm, so it really has only been less than 4 days. I felt better about not seeing green. Patients. I can't smoke right know and boy I need something to calm the nerves, can anyone relate?

Do you wet a paper towel and wrap them in that, or do you literally put them in a glass of water?

I put them in a shot glass of water and then they go straight into rockwool. The paper towel method works but I found the less handling the better. Also, make sure you plant the seed tip up.

My tents are in my basement and stay about 68. I don't have a way to increase that unless I get a space heater.

68 isn't horrible, you're just not going to get extremely fast growth. If you're careful, an appropriately sized space heater is not very dangerous. With lower temps you dont need to keep your humidity as high so that may be a bonus for you.

I put them in a shot glass of water and then they go straight into rockwool. The paper towel method works but I found the less handling the better. Also, make sure you plant the seed tip up.

68 isn't horrible, you're just not going to get extremely fast growth. If you're careful, an appropriately sized space heater is not very dangerous. With lower temps you dont need to keep your humidity as high so that may be a bonus for you.
I thanked you and asked a question but didn't do it on reply, so I am replying just to let you know there is a post for you to see. Btw, I presume you saw the Durbin Poison sprouted today, day 4.

I think I'll pull up a chair and follow along on this one. I have some just starting out right now too and am not that familiar with soil, so hopefully I'll pick up some tips! Best of luck @GrowUpJr
:passitleft:

I think I'll pull up a chair and follow along on this one. I have some just starting out right now too and am not that familiar with soil, so hopefully I'll pick up some tips! Best of luck @GrowUpJr
:passitleft:
Welcome aboard @adudecalledjay. Best of luck on your grow. I think you'll find soil simple enough. I'll swing by when I can and check out your links.

07/04/20 09:32 am
RH: 90
Water: no

I removed the plant from the dome because I only have one but I still have two GSC in it that have not sprouted so I don't want to open the vents. I considered opening just the one on the side nearest where the Durbin Poison
sat, but not sure if that's a good idea
either. Besides, she looks a bit over
watered so I think the lower RH 50% range will be better for now anyhow.

Side and top views:
0704200945.jpg
0704200942.jpg

Back
Top Bottom