Grrrrrr i dont get it!

stoned snake

ok im realy mad at myself i dont germ my seeds right for some reason *smashes head on keyboard* i had a couple of successfull seedlings that are growing into verry happy plants =) but i just cant get the germenating process right i spent 5 bucks on some bagseeds so i have monyez invested in this

ok heres what i do i put the seeds in a small cup of water untilll thee all sink to the bottem then i throw them in a paper towel and a bag i put a small hole in the bag then wait untill they pop i had 2 pop out of a bach of 10 first so i take them and shoe them into soin not deep just so i can see the spot where the seed was attached to the bud or branch and cover the rest in soil i wait for the rest to pop one more dose so i stick it in soil them i wait a week and come back i see no more seeds have popd so i take 1 out of the bag and squease it between my fingers and this white paste/liquid comes out same thing happend to all the ones in the bag then i checked the pot and the same thing went on there so im thinking wtf!!!! i wanted to kick myself in the balls i had this happen before but not much but now that i have monez invested i wana get this right please can some one help me or evan better give me a strict germinating method please

ps i dont keep the seeds that warm just room temp

Re: grrrrrr i dont fucking get it!!!

well first i just want to say... You spent 5 dollars on bagseed? 5 bucks isnt much, but if its bagseed then they should come for free with the weed. unless youre saying that you bought a baag of weed and got the seeds, i dunno im a lil confused about that.

anyway... im not sure what you mean about the seeds either. your germ process is the same as mine and i always have seeds pop. the problem might be that your keeping them at room temp, unless it is really warm in your house. they have to be really warm. the best thing you can do is wait for them to germ, dont mess with them and only check them once a day. just look for the taproot and if there isnt any, then just fold up the paper towel again and check the next day. dont touch them or anything. other than that i dont kno what else to tell you.

and if your going to buy seeds, dont buy bagseed, and make sure that you get them from someone you can trust. dont believe random people who say they have some kind of "brand name" seeds, bc they could just be regular old bagseed. i just dont want you to waste your money.

i got my bagseed offa friend he usially has good pot i had to spend 5 for bout 30 seeds just seeds cause im tight on mony
about the temp what should it be? about my pet snake has a heating pad on his tank i thought id throw them on that next time

the thing is that if i wait for them to pop some dont then they get all mushy inside kinda gross

i dont keep mine at a certain temp, so i dont kno exactly how warm it is but i think that the snakes heating rock is perfect. i would put them in a dvd case, to keep the light out, and make sure the towel is moist at all times. you dont have to soak the seeds before you put them in the towel. i have done that before and for me, it doesnt change the way they germ. the just put the dvd case underneath the heating rock, but dont have it too hot. probably just keep it on low but if that doesnt seem warm enough turn it up a lil bit.

you have to wait for them to pop if you are going to germ seeds. you cant mess with them because it can kill the seedling. if you are having problems with germ and it is that bad, then skip germinating and just put the seed straight into the dirt and water it alot, keep it warm. but if you do that, do not mess with it it can take up to a week just for the seed to crack and for the taproot to grow. dont get all worried if the seed doesnt come up in the first day ok? whatever you decide to do, you have to have patience. because the biggest part of growing, and probably the worst part, is waiting.

I just put my seeds in those little jiffy things that popo up when you get it em wet and I hardly ever lose seedlings I never tried the paper towl method it sounds lik too much of a hassle I mean if you put them in dirt they'll grow

Smokemagnet, I have been watching your posts with interest as you prepare for your grow. Please don't take offence but it seems you are over-intellectualising the grow process. Keep it simple and you might have better luck. Don't be disappointed if your first grow fails. We all go through a learning process.

Here's what I've always done with fine results:
On the night before planting, put seeds in 1/2 c. hot water and set on top of stove where it's warm (not directly over pilot light). In the morning, take the seeds out with a tweezer and plant them 1/2" deep directly into 5-gal. bucket (or directly in ground outside). I usually plant 3 seeds per space and pull out males when they start showing. They usually grow a little taller so I watch closely.
Remember: K.I.S.S. lol

I think you're soaking them to long. I wouldn't waste my time with that step of the process. Another thing I find works better is toilet paper instead of paper towels for some reason. Then keep them on top of your computer monitor or refrigerator. As soon as they crack and expose the tip, plant them.

Jiffy pellets suck big ones. I hate those things. My 2 cents.

I just put my seeds in those little jiffy things that popo up when you get it em wet and I hardly ever lose seedlings I never tried the paper towl method it sounds lik too much of a hassle I mean if you put them in dirt they'll grow

I hate those jiffy pellets. . . hate them I tell ya. . .lol

No really though. . 2 out of 10 germ?? How much time are you giving them? They truthfully can take upto 10 days. . . I think its a matter of age. . but IDK. . . I have 2 methods that work well. . . 1- right in the dirt. . . I have a dome I use for this. . . keep it moist, and when they pop, just water the dome till they reach the top and transplant. I do this cause I like to. . . no other reason than prefrence really. 2- soak over night, and place in a moist paper towel, place in a bag and then between 2 plates. . out of 10, I probably see only 1 or 2 that wouldn't sprout. . . It could be that the seeds your using are bad, or maybe premature. . .

and compared to cultivating MJ, I don't think the paper towel method is a hassle. . .

Back
Top Bottom