GR's Fall '19 Coco Grow

gr865

Unsure yet what grow method I will be using this grow, either five plant vertical or eight plant horizontal . Will determine method after selecting the plants from the overall selection.
5 - G13 Haze, 4 - BlueBerry and 4 - Original Skunk #1
20190731_085452.jpg

Pull up a chair and let's see how this run plays out.

Peace out,

GR

It's on!

Planted the germinated seeds today. Top right Skunk Original, bottom G13 Haze and top left BlueBerry.
20190801_132141 (2).jpg

In 9 oz cocktail plastic glasses painted black. Two parts Canna coco and one part midsize grade perlite. Mixed two gallons of RO with lite rates of CaliMagic and Epsom, Great White and pH'ed at 5.77.
20190801_132149 (2).jpg

20190801_134400 (2).jpg

In the tent and ready for the lights
20190801_135045 (2).jpg

Lights on, running the two outer lamps of a 24" - 6 lamp T5

20190801_135458 (2).jpg

Let's get the show on the road.

Attachments

• 20190801_135458.jpg
    20190801_135458.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 371
I am one happy camper!
Started these seeds Tuesday evening, planted them yesterday around 2pm.
Here are a few of them today, seed emergence in less than 18 hours. 10 of the 13 plants are showing emergence. Will be headed to the city this afternoon for a party tonight, can't wait to see them when I return tomorrow.
20190802_105955 (2).jpg
20190802_110007 (2).jpg
20190802_110044 (2).jpg
20190802_110050 (2).jpg
20190802_110056 (2).jpg
20190802_110117 (2).jpg
20190802_111216 (2).jpg

Thinking these are going to be strong growing plants.
Will continue using Great White at every watering over the next few weeks, then begin the maintenance program.
Hope to have accelerated root growth because I would like to transplant to two gallon smart pots by Wed/Thur of next week, and put them under the 315('s) by the following week and begin veg to decide grow method.

Again very happy here!
party.gif

:passitleft:

Fast growing is right. I never have beans crack that quick. Very nice!

When I start my seeds I soak them for 24 to 36 hours in a very lite solution of CaliMagic/Epsom and Rapid rooter, again very lite rates.
After they have popped and prior to going in coco cups the coco is flushed with the same solution as above at least 4 times and sometimes more. Then I add Great White and flush two or more times. Now these are in 9 oz cocktail glasses so total solution used is not that much. I then plant the rooted seeds in the cups and give a lite watering with the same solution just to fill any air gaps caused by planting.
This is the fasted they have sprung for me, usually it's by the end of the second day.
Great White is a winner, I have used GH Subculture II along with GW but I am out, need to order.

Im in. :thumb:

Hello @gr865 its clear from your posts here, you already have an established handle on this business.

I'm pretty new to it so would you mind a summary of your meaning of horizontal and vertical grows: and how its going to affect your treatment of the girls?

Am assuming its about really maximising space and have seen certain lst methods which have refered to horizontal growth, but I may be way off the mark. Thanks

Looking forward to your grow and what a great start to it.
W

When I start my seeds I soak them for 24 to 36 hours in a very lite solution of CaliMagic/Epsom and Rapid rooter, again very lite rates.
After they have popped and prior to going in coco cups the coco is flushed with the same solution as above at least 4 times and sometimes more. Then I add Great White and flush two or more times. Now these are in 9 oz cocktail glasses so total solution used is not that much. I then plant the rooted seeds in the cups and give a lite watering with the same solution just to fill any air gaps caused by planting.
This is the fasted they have sprung for me, usually it's by the end of the second day.
Great White is a winner, I have used GH Subculture II along with GW but I am out, need to order.

Thanks! What ratios are you using for calmag and Epsom. I use Epsom at the end of flower in DWC, but never tried in germination.

Im in. :thumb:

Hello @gr865 its clear from your posts here, you already have an established handle on this business.

I'm pretty new to it so would you mind a summary of your meaning of horizontal and vertical grows: and how its going to affect your treatment of the girls?

Am assuming its about really maximising space and have seen certain lst methods which have refered to horizontal growth, but I may be way off the mark. Thanks

Looking forward to your grow and what a great start to it.
W

Hey buddy and welcome in my friend to the show that never ends, :) , love using that line!
If you check my signatures you will see both methods, but to sum it up, one the lamps are in the horizontal position and the other the lamps are in the vertical position.

Big Buddha Cheese Part Deux
Big Buddha Cheese: Part Deux

Big Buddha Cheese
Big Buddha Cheese Completed

I have been averaging 24 zips of smokable buds per run, no matter which method I run.

" its clear from your posts here, you already have an established handle on this business."
My friend I do not sell anything, 72 yrs old, been smoking since a teen, and believe that this "Weed" is a gift from nature. I make FECO and in my grows if I have any extra it goes to a people in need of the medicine. Everyone should do this as you would not believe how good it feels to see someone you have helped be pain free, off opiods, people who's cancer has been eliminated or controlled, My vet buddy's that I give cannabis, when I have extra, but have give them clones and have been helping in the grows. I know the suffering I had when I got home but they did not call it PTSD then. These young men suffer greatly and all the VA will do is give them opioids, I give them real medicine.

Hey not getting on your shit but just had a post on another site from a person who called me a fool for not selling my stash of Rosin and or cannabis. Fuck that!

If you have any question on my grow just ask.

Peace out,
GR

Thanks! What ratios are you using for calmag and Epsom. I use Epsom at the end of flower in DWC, but never tried in germination.

Not exact science but this is half measured and half eyeballed.
Per gallon:
1.5ml CaliMagic
0.2grams Epsom, I believe this helps soften the seed coat.
0.2 ml Rapid Root Start

Shit got to go to the city!

Hey! I’m a vet. Where’s my clone? How come you ain’t coming over here and helping me grow some dank? :rofl:

Just kidding! You know the deal. I appreciate what you do my brother. There are so many that are still killing themselves daily. I wish we could get them all interested in growing this magical plant.

Thanks for that @gr865 will delve into them in a few mins.
I try and spend a bit of time everyday to swot up on something new so will be my pleasure.
Please allow me to clear that up, no intention to upset you. Would never pressume anyone here is in this for profit. I myself am (albeit 'self') medicating as is my wife.

Frankly it became a worry when it wasn't available to us (which happens far to often) when you have to rely on others. Additionally it is an expensive 'medicine'.

So decided I needed to take control of not only our supply requirements but also what was in what i'm smoking as i like to avoid big pharma et el and go as natural as poss.

Add to that the wealth of choice in strains: i mean, specifically identifying the best strains for the often very unique set of 'what ails us', someone in need would be daft not too take this growing 'business' on.

So even though its not looked on favourably by the UK legal system, I grow because I need to.
Any pressumption to profit hasn't been broached the short time I have been here.

And following farmers, just like yourself, i'm getting a much broader understanding and gratification that marijuana is not only the unifying parameter that drives most of us here but is integral on so many levels for so many people to simply function in another messed up show that ends only once.

Am graphic designer and provided some support for a charity a couple of years ago that provides care for injured vets who are struggling with PTSD and learned it is relied upon in much the same way as you describe the same way.
Have maintained my links with the guvn'r of the place and also where i'm sending some of my harvest ;)

Incidentally 24?! Damn gr, im hoping for enough to cover the next few months, if i end up anywhere near that I'll be amazed.

Look forward to speaking more in the future fella
W:thumb:

Hey! I’m a vet. Where’s my clone? How come you ain’t coming over here and helping me grow some dank? :rofl:

Just kidding! You know the deal. I appreciate what you do my brother. There are so many that are still killing themselves daily. I wish we could get them all interested in growing this magical plant.

Hey my friend, I will be headed to NM this fall, meet me there for your clone, :)

I agree, everyone of them that I have met have wanted to learn to grow, shit this one young lady is a hell of a lot better grower than I am, :) , she is able to grow outside and does a fabulous job.

Hey my friend, I will be headed to NM this fall, meet me there for your clone, :)

I agree, everyone of them that I have met have wanted to learn to grow, shit this one young lady is a hell of a lot better grower than I am, :) , she is able to grow outside and does a fabulous job.

New Mexico! That’s two, 12-hour days of driving from here. Ummm...no thanks; my PTSD would slap me for sure. :rofl:

LOL! Some day we’ll smoke a fat one together though.

Back
Top Bottom