GSC Auto Grow Journal

Everyone is looking decent! Young one is flowering quickly and older 2 are happy just hanging out in veg still, older two are starting to show early signs of Mag deficiency so they’re getting some Epsom salts to correct it. Still going strong at 10g per gallon of MC!

2902BE4A-43A7-48D4-A753-A8A4DA0A593E.jpg
5AE9C31B-0606-417B-A825-67B81B4B607E.jpeg

Hiya Cord... you can take this for what it's worth, but I think you need to reduce your MC to 6.5g/gal and don't add the epsom salts. Adding salts will only make it worse.
You say you are seeing signs of mag def. Did you know that high amounts of N causes a higher demand for Mg? The same with too much P. Right now you are feeding really high amounts of N and P which I'm sure is the reason you are seeing a mag def.
MC alone will not create any defs if used correctly. Again, just food for thought, but in this case less is better.

I have to agree with MrS here. The odds of having a magnesium deficiency when feeding double the recommended amount of MC seems really low. In addition to MrS' suggestion of lowering the MC, I would flush the nutes from the soil with 2-3x the pot size in water first, and then follow that with a dose of MC more in line with where they are in their growth cycle.

Just my take on it.

I super appreciate the advice from the masters!!!
before I move forward I’ve attached a pic of what I believe is a mag def. If any of you guys can verify for me I’d super appreciate it! Don’t think it’s lightburn or nute burn but I’m just a weekend warrior grower and far from the level you two fine Lads are!

appreciate all your help Mr.S and Shed!!
CA447DF5-37DF-4AEA-9BD6-CCA70AE215E7.jpeg

Can you get some more pics of the plant? I'm not sure what the light is but maybe with the light off and a flash or if they can be moved for a few minutes to a better light to see the true colors.

I don't see that as a mag def.

Is it starting at the bottom? Top? Older leaves or new growth?

I had 2 large fan leaves with a clear cal/mag def on the bottom of the plant last week, lush and green down there now I just removed those ones, this is all just on the newer growth at the top, not in bad shape but definitely the beginning of something!
Lights are 12” above the plants, 1800 watt cob and 2, 300 watt panels
793CF59C-E9C0-4C2E-9077-50D7F3D2FB7E.png
A0C5553D-BB09-4931-B21C-A119E7562635.png
151980EA-AC1F-492F-BAB1-AD07C24F0525.png

If you flush and reset you won't be the guinea pig any more :).

But seriously, I would certainly start by raising the lights. And I can't say why you felt like doubling the nutes was something they needed (even the manufacturer doesn't want to sell you twice as much product!), so whether you reset is up to you. The tips are definitely browning, but @MrSauga is another set of eyes, so I'd get another opinion on it before you do anything.

So do you think I should raise the lights 6”, flush them and switch feed to 6.5/gal?
I don't think a flush is required. I don't see a def yet other than nute burn starting. Keep in mind a lot of N as well will produce lots of leaves and little flower so it's important to cut back on the nutes. Lift the lights as Shed suggested and I would feed at 6g/gal for now and increase later to 6.5g.

I don't think a flush is required. I don't see a def yet other than nute burn starting. Keep in mind a lot of N as well will produce lots of leaves and little flower so it's important to cut back on the nutes. Lift the lights as Shed suggested and I would feed at 6g/gal for now and increase later to 6.5g.
Does Nute burn start at the top? All the leaves beneath the canopy are perfect, if that’s the case I’m beginning to suspect it’s light burn!

Had to open these two up a bit, we’re getting a little bushy!! This was before pics,
Top plant is unknown auto strain that was topped, Bottom plant is Girl Scout Cookie Auto
9A7EC56B-FA50-4EAA-A4D6-937E478984ED.jpeg
D8B9D549-2651-47AF-A772-EF2834A2325C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom