GSC outdoor grow with problems

mcspade

Howdy, first post here. I am growing girl scout cookies from a clone. Getting some bad yellowing , leaf curling up, brown spots, and the whole leaf appearing to eventually turn brown. I need to post a pic but I'm not allowed. I've been away form home for a week and returned to a mess.

Thanks for the reply MaPilot, and sorry for the delay. Here is a photo showing what is going on.

Not sure what I did wrong, this forum is very high tech to me. Please look at my mcspade photo gallery for the photo if possible.
IMG_134326.JPG

Well lookie there what i did. There's my photo showing maybe a nute lockup or a ph problem or both probably. About a week ago I noticed what I thought was a cal/mag problem and water with some. But I was out of RO water and used my tap water that is a little over a ph of 7. Maybe I ended up giving them to much and it has locked up. At this point I'm at a loss and just want to save the plant. These clones were very hard to come by and my plan was to flower the plants outdoors then take them inside to rejuventate for clones. At this point I'm getting very worried if these plants will ever be healthy enough to clone. I have two plants in FFOG soil and I use some organic nutes and tiger bloom. Thanks for any help.

get your PH runoff to 6.5 Your pic looks like nitrogen deficiency to me. probably caused by low PH. Get some PH up and down and go from there. Should be fixable.

I have ph up and down. I agree I need to raise my ph, however I'm not sure of the process to raise my ph in soil.

You caught fungus, my friend.

You caught fungus, my friend.

I was afraid of that. Just in case I gave them some copper fungicide 2 days ago and I'm watching them closely. But I still think there's something going on in the soil. Any tips on raising the ph in soil during a grow will be welcome. Thanks for your reply.

wood ash, quick and effective fix!

I would top dress with dolomite lime if you are looking to raise PH. Just remember that there is 22% calcium and 11% magnesium in it. That is right - real, natural, calmag. So - be careful with the quantity. Start slow.

Thank you for your post. I should have added a bit of dolomite lime at the beginning. Until reading your post, I did not realize it had so much cal/mag in it. Thanks for the great tip. The nice farmer down the road has a big pile of lime at the adge of his field for application after harvest. I might get a small cup full from him.

If you aren't worried about organics, etc. - just look for a product like Ph Up and add to your water to bring the Ph up a tad.

I've tried ph up and down and I have terrible luck with them. When I want to raise the ph from 5, I put a tiny, tiny amount of ph up in the water, less then a drop, and I end up testing at over 8. So I throw it out a start again. Very frustrating at times. I'm over 50 and started growing in the 70's, never ever checking ph (not knowing what it was) and always having pretty good grows. Now I'm older, trying to baby these girls, and it appears I'm doing more harm then good some days. I really want to be able to clone these girls after harvest. Thanks for your post.

Back
Top Bottom