GT42019 2nd Journal, Girl Scout Cookies, Seedsman & Budgetled

Greenthumbs42019

Hey all, the start of this grow for me has been a little challenging to say the least. Going to try and make this more details than my 1st journal.

What strain is it? Blimburn Girl Scout Cookies from seedsman
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mostly Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 13 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? 20 inches x 16 inches x 40 inches < custom built wood grow box
Soil or Hydro? Hydro > DWC, 2.5 gallon w/ top drip emitters
Size of light? Veg: viparspectra 300w dimmable, 128w actual
Hlg QB 130w 3500k +rspec
Flowering: budgetled 130w series 3 +rspec and the Hlg board
Is it aircooled? Viper is air cooled, 2 boards passive cooling
Temp of cab? Day: 75-80 F ; night 65-68 F
RH of cab? Day: 45-60% night: 60-70%
PH of res? Try to keep @ ~ 5.9, seems to swing after res changes
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Change res every 9-10 days
Type and strength of ferts used? GH triflora series

I just finished a blueberry run, and tried to get 5 seeds to sprout but all failed, this girl was the 6th. I floated them in water, and used PT method but none came to life, this one I let sit in the water until a good tap root emerged and stem was starting before putting her in a GH rapid rooters. Once she was above ground I put her in the grow box.
So far she has been doing ok, think I had some slight magnesium deficiency but I caught it early enough and it didn’t do too much damage. I check on her 2x a day for the proper ph and ppm of the water and to see how she’s doing.
She just reached the 3rd node tall so I did a micro top last night, seemed to have handled it ok as she looked more perky this morning. Some pics of her so far....

Looks great. Finally - I find a journal just beginning and I'm one of the first to sign on (except Penny, of course).

But I'm in for the long haul. New grower here, too, so looking forward to learning along with you. But I will chime in when I've got something useful to say...

All my best,
~Magnus

Thanks for joining Pennywise and Magnus. This is my 1st run with a mostly sativa genotype, so I might be in for quite the ride seeing as I only have about 20 inches of actual grow space.

GSC details from seedsman site:
Girl Scout Cookies has been one of the most in-demand strains for a few years now. Its origins lie in California where this strain was developed and subsequently it went on to win many cannabis cup competitions.
GSC is a sativa genotype but nevertheless gives rise to 2 different pheno-types, Thin Mints and Platinum Cookies one of which tends towards the indica side. It is suited to both indoor and outdoor cultivation; in the former environment flowering will take around 65 - 70 days with good yields of approximately 500 gr/m2. Outdoors in northern latitudes crops will be ready in the second half of September.
Buds are a bright green colour with some purple displaying as well as orange hairs. A sweet and earthy scent leads into a richly-flavoured palate of cookies and mint. THC is produced at the rate of 18 - 25% with low CBD of 0.2%. The effect will vary according to whether you have a sativa expression or indica with the former being more active and uplifting while the latter is more physically relaxing.
Characteristics
BREEDER/BRANDBlimBurn Seeds
GENETICSGirl Scout Cookies x Green Crack
VARIETYMostly Sativa
FLOWERING TYPEPhotoperiod
SEXFeminised
THC CONTENT18 - 25%
CBD CONTENT0.2%
YIELD500 gr/m2
GROWSIndoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME65 - 70 days
HARVEST MONTH2nd. half September
TASTE / FLAVOURCookies, Mint

Thanks for joining Pennywise and Magnus. This is my 1st run with a mostly sativa genotype, so I might be in for quite the ride seeing as I only have about 20 inches of actual grow space.

GSC details from seedsman site:
Girl Scout Cookies has been one of the most in-demand strains for a few years now. Its origins lie in California where this strain was developed and subsequently it went on to win many cannabis cup competitions.
GSC is a sativa genotype but nevertheless gives rise to 2 different pheno-types, Thin Mints and Platinum Cookies one of which tends towards the indica side. It is suited to both indoor and outdoor cultivation; in the former environment flowering will take around 65 - 70 days with good yields of approximately 500 gr/m2. Outdoors in northern latitudes crops will be ready in the second half of September.
Buds are a bright green colour with some purple displaying as well as orange hairs. A sweet and earthy scent leads into a richly-flavoured palate of cookies and mint. THC is produced at the rate of 18 - 25% with low CBD of 0.2%. The effect will vary according to whether you have a sativa expression or indica with the former being more active and uplifting while the latter is more physically relaxing.
Characteristics
BREEDER/BRANDBlimBurn Seeds
GENETICSGirl Scout Cookies x Green Crack
VARIETYMostly Sativa
FLOWERING TYPEPhotoperiod
SEXFeminised
THC CONTENT18 - 25%
CBD CONTENT0.2%
YIELD500 gr/m2
GROWSIndoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME65 - 70 days
HARVEST MONTH2nd. half September
TASTE / FLAVOURCookies, Mint
That Girl Scout Cookies x Green Crack sounds Yummy. I would like the Sativa leaner pheno. I Love a good head high. The Indica leaner would be good for making my Canna Oil caps so this sounds like a strain I would really like. I hope you get what you are looking for GT

That Girl Scout Cookies x Green Crack sounds Yummy. I would like the Sativa leaner pheno. I Love a good head high. The Indica leaner would be good for making my Canna Oil caps so this sounds like a strain I would really like. I hope you get what you are looking for GT
Thanks for joining PC, ya can’t wait to see this one but so far she is looking more indica to me with the wide leaves. But guess we’ll see.

Hey all, the start of this grow for me has been a little challenging to say the least. Going to try and make this more details than my 1st journal.

What strain is it? Blimburn Girl Scout Cookies from seedsman
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Mostly Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 13 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? 20 inches x 16 inches x 40 inches < custom built wood grow box
Soil or Hydro? Hydro > DWC, 2.5 gallon w/ top drip emitters
Size of light? Veg: viparspectra 300w dimmable, 128w actual
Hlg QB 130w 3500k +rspec
Flowering: budgetled 130w series 3 +rspec and the Hlg board
Is it aircooled? Viper is air cooled, 2 boards passive cooling
Temp of cab? Day: 75-80 F ; night 65-68 F
RH of cab? Day: 45-60% night: 60-70%
PH of res? Try to keep @ ~ 5.9, seems to swing after res changes
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Change res every 9-10 days
Type and strength of ferts used? GH triflora series

I just finished a blueberry run, and tried to get 5 seeds to sprout but all failed, this girl was the 6th. I floated them in water, and used PT method but none came to life, this one I let sit in the water until a good tap root emerged and stem was starting before putting her in a GH rapid rooters. Once she was above ground I put her in the grow box.
So far she has been doing ok, think I had some slight magnesium deficiency but I caught it early enough and it didn’t do too much damage. I check on her 2x a day for the proper ph and ppm of the water and to see how she’s doing.
She just reached the 3rd node tall so I did a micro top last night, seemed to have handled it ok as she looked more perky this morning. Some pics of her so far....

This picture indicates light burn. This seems to be what I’ve been called to do today . See the leaf curling inward? Your led lights are too close . Here’s a picture of severe burn
Your plants are doing the same thing mine did
F3F34594-50EB-46C7-940C-D8C3F6FD6715.png

This picture indicates light burn. This seems to be what I’ve been called to do today . See the leaf curling inward? Your led lights are too close . Here’s a picture of severe burn
Your plants are doing the same thing mine did
If it were light burn it would be at the top. It was bottom leaves, ya the lights might be a little bright causing the curling but not burnt.

If it were light burn it would be at the top. It was bottom leaves, ya the lights might be a little bright causing the curling but not burnt.
Yeah I may have got ahead of myself but this is why I thought you may have possible burn . The top didn’t scorch , some of the middle fan leaves got it bad .
I had lots of curling and the leaves felt smooth and rubberish. Anyhow you seem to have things under control

Attachments

• 51A60A08-91A5-4D8A-8CEB-A775715671B1.png
    51A60A08-91A5-4D8A-8CEB-A775715671B1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
Found some more issues, didn’t take a pic but looked the same as prior. Found that my PH pen is way off, about 1.5 points diff from what it should be. It won’t let me calibrate it, might need a new battery. Ordered a new unit that runs on AAA batteries. Used a new manual ph test kit to get it back to a range that should work. Was 5.5 according to the bad pen but it was really about a 4, so adjusted it up to about a 7.5 on the bad pen which made the test water more yellow/green. Can’t believe the pen was that far off but hopefully she rebounds better.

Back
Top Bottom