Gtx's First Grow: Indoor Soil 4x4 With BD, GSC & WW

Anyone recognize the leaf damage? I had the plant out while I was doing the Lst on the others, and maybe I got something on the leaf ?
I zoom in is that bugs to the left ?

I went over that plant looking at every little speck with the 60-100x microscope. Nothing, just soil particles and such. It doesn't looked munched on under magnification. More like a chemical burn. It's possible I got some KCl fluid or 4.0 test ph fluid on the leaf? Just brain-storming.....
Now, on a different topic: can I raise the light to get a little stretch out of these little girls? They are very tight and low to the soil. LST is proving to be difficult with such a short group of trainee's. . I'm running about 24 inches to the taller clone, so about 30-32 to the short ones. They just don't seem to be reaching at that distance. I'm running 50% red, 99% white and 99% blue for veg, per the California Lightworks manual. It's the 550.

My thought was it got pinched when you topped it. I've had it happen several times when I pluck the tips by hand vs cutting them.

You could try raising it for more stretch. Or turn the blue down and the red up.

Also note which plant takes most of the Fan Storm- if it were a spill on a leaf, and it ate through the leaf, the fan will speed up that process(theory). Also note that soil droppings look a lot like caterpillar droppings. My advice would be simply to watch em over the next week. I can see the desire for outdoor plants to grow tall, but indoor, short and fat is the way! Take my current Girl in flower for example, she is 5ft tall in a 7ft tent(she has been flowered and vegged again and back to flower). I am hoping she does not grow much more, she is on day 15. Cheers!

Well, I think turbo bucket is close. I transplanted the smaller 5 into 3 gallon pots. I let them sit two days to "unstress", and started tying them back down. As I was man-handling them, I noticed a fresh slice across one of the larger fan leaves on a Blue Dream plant. And another, and another....its me! This time of year, at least in this part of the country, your hands dry, fingers crack, ect. I was leaving marks on the leaves with my bare fingers! I guess this explains why I can't find that little bastard catapiller.
Now, on another newb mistake topic....I don't think I have enough light wattage. I have the California Lightworks 550 with the extra controler. It's putting out 400 watts. The more I read, it looks like I need more . 4x4 gorilla tent, so 16 sq ft. 16x50 watts per sq ft is 800 watts.
Is the 50 watt per sq ft correct? What's optimal?

73 degrees, 49 RH is all I can do.

image.jpeg

Well, I think turbo bucket is close. I transplanted the smaller 5 into 3 gallon pots. I let them sit two days to "unstress", and started tying them back down. As I was man-handling them, I noticed a fresh slice across one of the larger fan leaves on a Blue Dream plant. And another, and another....its me! This time of year, at least in this part of the country, your hands dry, fingers crack, ect. I was leaving marks on the leaves with my bare fingers! I guess this explains why I can't find that little bastard catapiller.
Now, on another newb mistake topic....I don't think I have enough light wattage. I have the California Lightworks 550 with the extra controler. It's putting out 400 watts. The more I read, it looks like I need more . 4x4 gorilla tent, so 16 sq ft. 16x50 watts per sq ft is 800 watts.
Is the 50 watt per sq ft correct? What's optimal?
Wouldn’t the plants go to a lighter color if the light wasn’t sufficient?

Back
Top Bottom