Gtx's First Grow: Indoor Soil 4x4 With BD, GSC & WW

What JM said!

All trim is used for something...edibles or topicals. If it's got sugar it has THC. I save every part of the plant for something...fans, stems, and roots as well. My wife says I take up way too much room in the freezer!

What do do with stems? Just tossed away a bunch from previous harvests, cause I couldn't come up with what to do with them :)

What do do with stems? Just tossed away a bunch from previous harvests, cause I couldn't come up with what to do with them :)
I make a skin salve for bites, hives, and abrasions. It's not a pain topical like my high THC oil made from buds, but I get to use the roots, stems, and fan leaves.

There is a bit of THC in the fans but not enough for me to use them elsewhere.

I chopped down the GDP last night, and hung it to dry with the others. All that's left is the GSC. I've got the room at 50% RH and 68 degrees, with a small fan running, but not blowing directly at them. Lights are off until I go in to check the tents. Hope this is correct.
I make a skin salve for bites, hives, and abrasions. It's not a pain topical like my high THC oil made from buds, but I get to use the roots, stems, and fan leaves.

There is a bit of THC in the fans but not enough for me to use them elsewhere.
How do you make the salve?

Those numbers sound good for drying!

I use coconut oil (virgin unrefined good quality blah blah blah). I cut the stems and roots as small as I could. I tried a blender but some of them were too woody. Then I dumped those and the leaves in a crock pot and made sure there was enough oil to cover the mash. I put it on low (somewhere around 180ºF I think), stirred it occasionally, and let it cook for at least 8 hours. The longer the better!

Then I strained it and added some melted beeswax to stiffen it up at room temps. How much will depend on what you want for the final product, so add some, let it cool, and see if you like it. You can always heat it up and add more melted beeswax if you want it more solid.

Some folks use soy wax as well...your preference.

Thanks shed, I'm going to try that. Maybe a tincture too.
Full report later this weekend, but blue dream and white widow have been hanging 7 days, coming down tomorrow for trim and jars. GDP has been hanging for a few days, got a few days left. GSC are being cut tomorrow!
I took a sample nug of the GDP and dried it seperately. 2 mild puffs in a bowl, and all I can say is wow!

My final report for this grow. I would like to say thanks to all that helped answer questions and give suggestions.
This was 2 blue dream, 2 girl scout cookies, 1 white widow, and 1 grand daddy purp.
Yields as follows, weights taken after drying, at approx 60-62 percent rh, and heavily trimmed.
GDP- 72.3 grams
BD#1 - 50.68 grams
BD#2 - 62.94 grams
WW- 58.32 grams
GSC total for both plants- 139.24 grams
Total 383.48 gr

I will say that I thought it looked like soooo much more when they were standing! All in all, I'm happy. I was impatient, and flipped them too early, didn't do much LST, fed almost no nutes , and probably under watered the entire time. Thats just a few of the things I've noted to remedy the next grow.
One neat little find when trimming the GSC this morning, I found 2 seeds! I dumped the three quart jars back out onto the table, looking at almost every bud. Can't find any more.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom